4 weeks today (1 Viewer)

quinn1971

And we could be top of the league :) getting fed up of all this crap now and just want the season to start...would be good to have the odd conversation about football now and again.its been the longest wait for a season to start ever which is why I think if we do play in northampton they'll be alot more fans there than people think.the reason why not many fans have gone to the protests is they don't care that much and they don't really care who owns us.so long as there's a team out every week they'll go..anyway we'll be at the ricoh so it's all irrelevant. Pusb

shy_tall_knight

quinn guilty of extreme pre-season optimism, Barnsley away 2007 first game of the we won 4-1 massive away support, cos first game of the season, plenty of optimism for the season. The first home game at Northampton will not be a good guide to our support levels, but there will be an absence of optimism, we will have a much weakened side as Shitsu have to try to balance the books after deciding to move the squad 30 miles. midweek at home to Orient in October especially if we are struggling doubt the crowd would be greater than 2,000.

Quinn I hate this talk of ACL / SISU as much as the next but unfortunately this has a massive impact on what we see on the pitch and more importantly where we watch games and for some they won't be able to watch their club. I will be shocked if we sell more than 1,000 STs for Northampton

quinn1971

quinn guilty of extreme pre-season optimism, Barnsley away 2007 first game of the we won 4-1 massive away support, cos first game of the season, plenty of optimism for the season. The first home game at Northampton will not be a good guide to our support levels, but there will be an absence of optimism, we will have a much weakened side as Shitsu have to try to balance the books after deciding to move the squad 30 miles. midweek at home to Orient in October especially if we are struggling doubt the crowd would be greater than 2,000.

Quinn I hate this talk of ACL / SISU as much as the next but unfortunately this has a massive impact on what we see on the pitch and more importantly where we watch games and for some they won't be able to watch their club. I will be shocked if we sell more than 1,000 STs for Northampton

Agree that there wont be many season tickets sold if it is northampton but I think they'll be a few more going than people expect....to be honest I can't see us being at northampton...4 weeks to go to come out of administration or we'll have to play at the ricoh if sisu want to or not.i reckon 6000 for the first game if it's northampton and then attendances will fall.

ccfc92

Agree that there wont be many season tickets sold if it is northampton but I think they'll be a few more going than people expect....to be honest I can't see us being at northampton...4 weeks to go to come out of administration or we'll have to play at the ricoh if sisu want to or not.i reckon 60000 for the first game if it's northampton and then attendances will fall.

are we playing somewhere else then :whistle: 60,000? :facepalm:

quinn1971

hehe ;)

I really don't know what to think, Northampton is not viable to anyone. ticket sales will be down, less tv money, more fans lost than ever before......

Just can't see the league allowing a groundshare when sisu walked out on a perfectly good ground..if we had nowhere else to play then fair enough...rumours coming out of the club are it's the ricoh....not sure what to believe.

RFC

The situation is not an ideal one but we need to unite and get behind and support the TEAM, which is what I've done for almost 60 years (and will continue to do this season, totally regardless of who owns the Club), whether it's SISU or Preston Haskell 1V or ANY OTHER POTENTIAL OWNER YOU WISH TO NAME.
Can't wait for the first SELL-OUT at Northampton, we must move-on IMHO!

Sky Blue Harry H

hehe ;)

I really don't know what to think, Northampton is not viable to anyone. ticket sales will be down, less tv money, more fans lost than ever before......

Beer and sun got to you, too mate? I thought you said attendances would be up if we won first 5 games - now, 5 minutes later nobody can get there and ticket sales are down - have a dip in a cold bath, and leave the white lightning alone;)

Sky Blue Harry H

The situation is not an ideal one but we need to unite and get behind and support the TEAM, which is what I've done for almost 60 years (and will continue to do this season, totally regardless of who owns the Club), whether it's SISU or Preston Haskell 1V or ANY OTHER POTENTIAL OWNER YOU WISH TO NAME.
Can't wait for the first SELL-OUT at Northampton, we must move-on IMHO!

Admire your sentiment and you loyalty over the years, but surely this bunch running/ruining our club must annoy you a bit? I could (JUST ABOUT) put up with them being incompetent if their heart was in the right place, but I suspect a) they don't have one and b) there's not a hint of Sky Blue blood in it

Otis

And we could be top of the league :) getting fed up of all this crap now and just want the season to start...would be good to have the odd conversation about football now and again.its been the longest wait for a season to start ever which is why I think if we do play in northampton they'll be alot more fans there than people think.the reason why not many fans have gone to the protests is they don't care that much and they don't really care who owns us.so long as there's a team out every week they'll go..anyway we'll be at the ricoh so it's all irrelevant. Pusb

Sisu's own estimation is 3,000 at Northampton according to CWR.

Down from 11,000 to 3,000 and us playing 33 miles away.

It has to be the Ricoh. I can't see how Sisu are any better off with us at Northampton.

quinn1971

Can't see how the football league will allow it when they walked out on a perfectly good ground.if we had nowhere else to play then fair enough . I've heard that Northampton wasn't on the list that the league gave to fisher which we're suitable..so it doesn't matter if fishers signed a contract and paid three years rent in cash up front.it hasn't been agreed with the football league and it wont be.we cant play at another ground if we're still in administration which we will be.

ccfc92

Beer and sun got to you, too mate? I thought you said attendances would be up if we won first 5 games - now, 5 minutes later nobody can get there and ticket sales are down - have a dip in a cold bath, and leave the white lightning alone;)
Was waiting for this reply. I meant say we are at NTFC, and won 5 in a row, our support would grow. My other separate point was, I doubt see how anyone can see sixfields as viable in an all round perspective.

ccfc92

Was waiting for this reply. I meant say we are at NTFC, and won 5 in a row, our support would grow. My other separate point was, I doubt see how anyone can see sixfields as viable in an all round perspective.

Plus, it was Carlsberg ;)

J

Jack Griffin

I will be shocked if we sell more than 1,000 STs for Northampton

I will be shocked if the club announce how many season tickets they've sold. It is bound to embarrass them & I believe it will be the lowest number since the first world war.

letsallsingtogether

If we are in admin their will be no season tickets as for buying them will have to get them online or on gate as we do not have a local office. You can of course drive to Northampton buy a ticket drive back therefore adding another tenner to the price?

letsallsingtogether

So last season when we were playing well our attendances went up ?? and that was playing at a local ground

Users who are viewing this thread