35 Years ago today (1 Viewer)

Otis

Great memories and thanks to George and John, Killer and the whole team of 87
Fantastic day and doesn't time fly !
It does. When I speak to people who know nothing about it and ask me when it was, I tell them it was about 7 or 8 years ago.

cov donkey kick

Living in West London back then and in my local the eagle were some city fans the day before anyway a lot of beer later we all went back to my place where my 2nd wife and my 18 month daughter Louise were waiting for a peaceful night in .it ended up the 6 city lads dossed down on our floor in sleeping bags sorted from neighbours ,had breakfast the next morning and made our way to Wembley for our greatest day in the history of the club.Treasured memories I will never forget.

Covkid1968#

It had everything you want from a final… spectacular goals….own goals….an underdog winning….keeper comedy moments…..2 opposing players doing an odd dance move together….an England players last game in England before a glamour overseas move….a legend of a keeper getting beat by his own player…. A disallowed goal…..5 goals with 2 in the first 10 mins….I could go on, but I need to get rid of this erection.

Terry_dactyl

Back then even if your team wasn't involved FA Cup final day was still a great day. Shame the way its gone.
It was an occasion. I’m sure the final was broadcast all over the world back then…which is meaningless in todays terms but showed how important it was back then.

They’re trying to keep the nostalgia going. Unfortunately I think unless they make the prize money ridiculous or give the winners a Champions League place, I just don’t think people are interested.

Having said that if we got to another final I’d absolutely shit myself.

It’sabatch87

Great day out £6 ticket and I was on that train that stopped outside Cov and had to run from Wembley Central then up those stairs to behind the goal just in time for Abide with me.
Tears in my eyes!!👕PUSB

Bad Boy

Great day out £6 ticket and I was on that train that stopped outside Cov and had to run from Wembley Central then up those stairs to behind the goal just in time for Abide with me.
Tears in my eyes!!👕PUSB
On the same train as you, feared we weren't going to get there.
Lost pounds in weight that day dressed in a gorilla suit, it was boiling.

clint van damme

Didn’t even realize it was on at the weekend or even who was playing until I saw it the next day

I was in Brighton for the weekend. Didn't bother watching it myself. But weirdly, was in a couple of bars that didn't have it on and there were one or two people with Chelsea or Liverpool tops on in those bars when they could have gone to one with it on. Couldn't get my head round that.

TomRad85

I was in Brighton for the weekend. Didn't bother watching it myself. But weirdly, was in a couple of bars that didn't have it on and there were one or two people with Chelsea or Liverpool tops on in those bars when they could have gone to one with it on. Couldn't get my head round that.
Sums up the fanbase of those clubs really.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

bawtryneal

For sure the FA Cup doesn't have the same meaning to fans as it did years ago.
The Premier and Champions League destroyed it !!

steve cooper

Brian Clough was on the TV experts panel, he was the only one predicting a Coventry win. I feared the worse though when Clive Allen's goal went in. The Tottenham team were going round casually shaking hands if I remember correctly, they thought they had the game sewn up after 2 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread