23/24 Season Tickets (1 Viewer)

win9nut

I've got the same issue due to work commitments. But got an early bird ST. If you miss 7/8 games its still under £20 a game.
I know at current prices, but if the price goes to £450 as Pete suggested in an earlier post, it’ll certainly make me think about it a bit more than I do currently…
£450 / 23 = £19.50..
If you miss several games though:
£450 / 15 = £30

Last edited:

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

The argument would be if you want your team to compete at the top you can’t expect to pay the lowest amounts. Seems reasonable but I do think concessions for kids pensioners etc are essential and with the cost of living mmj’s work becomes more and more important
I guess it's the nature of society and everyone being a different situation, but I find it hard to stomach that my old man pays much, much less than me (a Dad to a kid in full time nursery care) despite the fact his wealth absolutely dwarfs mine. I am equally aware there are some pensioners who desperately need the help. Probably one for a different topic!

Sky Blue Pete

I guess it's the nature of society and everyone being a different situation, but I find it hard to stomach that my old man pays much, much less than me (a Dad to a kid in full time nursery care) despite the fact his wealth absolutely dwarfs mine. I am equally aware there are some pensioners who desperately need the help. Probably one for a different topic!
Good point too

Alex1987

Based on averages, people over the age of 60 have more wealth and spare money than those under 60. My Dad's final salary pension is higher than my working salary, and I have Nursery Fees and a mortgage to allow for. To see him turning up with cheaper tickets than me isn't quite right....!

Old Warwickshire lad

Based on averages, people over the age of 60 have more wealth and spare money than those under 60. My Dad's final salary pension is higher than my working salary, and I have Nursery Fees and a mortgage to allow for. To see him turning up with cheaper tickets than me isn't quite right....!
Which is why as a grandad with disposable income, I pay for all my grandkids to help out.
Suggest you tell your old man,that you will get no pleasure in spending his dosh when he has gone.
Much better he spends some on you now , so he can watch you enjoy it.
Mind you as a city fan for 63 years I am not sure I am doing the kids any favours.😂😂😂😂🍷

Ashdown

Totally agree mate and in danger of offending some I would say these days a combination of factors would suggest that many people in the pension age discount group have significantly more money than the ‘adults’ that are paying mortgages , childcare and the other ridiculous cost of living increases for families.

Ashdown

Which is why as a grandad with disposable income, I pay for all my grandkids to help out.
Suggest you tell your old man,that you will get no pleasure in spending his dosh when he has gone.
Mind you as a city fan for 63 years I am not sure I am doing the kids any favours.😂😂😂😂🍷
I wish we were related….my old man wouldn’t buy me or my kids a drink, never mind anything else and he’s not poor.

slowpoke

As said above a grandads job is to treat grandkids, there’s no pockets in shrouds.

Old Warwickshire lad

On this topic,as a pensioner I have to say I paid towards my retirement for 49 years.
I remember wanting a Capri, I got an Allegro. Two cars was for the rich. Foreign holidays were out of the question when the kids were young.
There were no debts except for the mortgage, if we couldn’t afford to buy it, we did without.
Renting b&w televisions etc. Meals out was for birthdays, and a beer down the pub was Friday only.
A season ticket! you must be joking. Pick your games,and don’t go out on Friday that week.
Not trying to get into this debate again, but I don’t see my kids or any of their friends with that attitude. If you can’t afford it,use the credit card seems to be the way.
And what about the pensioners not as fortunate as me ? Followed the city all their life, but now they are on a pension do they have to give it up ?

Old Warwickshire lad

I wish we were related….my old man wouldn’t buy me or my kids a drink, never mind anything else and he’s not poor.
Know what you mean, I know friends and fellow pensioners who would not dream of giving their kids money to help out.
I feel sorry for them, if only they knew how much pleasure I get watching my grandkids jumping up and down hugging everyone when the city score. And watching them charging round the house shouting at the top of their voices,” we’re going to Blackpool when I got tickets.
PRICELESS !!!
There are some things money can’t buy.
Show him this, and do it when your mother is there. 👍👍😉

slowpoke

On this topic,as a pensioner I have to say I paid towards my retirement for 49 years.
I remember wanting a Capri, I got an Allegro. Two cars was for the rich. Foreign holidays were out of the question when the kids were young.
There were no debts except for the mortgage, if we couldn’t afford to buy it, we did without.
Renting b&w televisions etc. Meals out was for birthdays, and a beer down the pub was Friday only.
A season ticket! you must be joking. Pick your games,and don’t go out on Friday that week.
Not trying to get into this debate again, but I don’t see my kids or any of their friends with that attitude. If you can’t afford it,use the credit card seems to be the way.
And what about the pensioners not as fortunate as me ? Followed the city all their life, but now they are on a pension do they have to give it up ?
And paying up to 15% interest on our mortgage payments I paid double digit interest on my mortgages for years, started looking for a house when they were £3000, bought 18 month later at £9500 thanks to a 30year council mortgage, no sick pay, egg & chips on a Wednesday (day before pay day) paid national insurance for nearly 50 years and now have a billionaire PM who deep down begrudges your state pension, scrapped the triple lock last year and will quite happily do it again with that smirky smile etched on his face.
Yet the coffin dodgers amongst us forget all this and seem to have some sort of patriotic duty to support this lot in power then moan when they struggle and many do.

Last edited:

Old Warwickshire lad

And paying up to 15% interest on our mortgage payments I paid double digit interest on my mortgages for years, started looking for a house when they were £3000, bought 18 month later at £9500 thanks to a 30year council mortgage, no sick pay, egg & chips on a Wednesday (day before pay day) paid national insurance for nearly 50 years and now have a billionaire PM who deep down begrudges your state pension, scrapped the triple lock last year and will quiet happily do it again with that smirky smile etched on his face.
Yet the coffin dodgers amongst us forget all this and some sort of patriotic duty to support this lot in power then moan when they struggle and many do.
😂😂😂 forgot the egg and chips on Wednesday. And toast for your sandwiches at work, cos you had got nothing to put on them.
The good old days,yea I bet. 🤔

Grendel

In 2 years I’ll get a cheap season ticket. Fully justified I think

Grendel

Counting the days? Don’t wish your life away 😂
Wish I was still paying full price, would not be a pensioner then.

I do wonder why it’s 60 as that’s not a pensioner now - didn’t realise it was that age

AOM

Has there been any mention or update on what the club were compensating current season ticket holders for the rearranged games at the start of this season? I completely forgot about that until someone mentioned the other day.

Maybe a certain percentage off next years season ticket could work?

Sky Blue Pete

Has there been any mention or update on what the club were compensating current season ticket holders for the rearranged games at the start of this season? I completely forgot about that until someone mentioned the other day.

Oooo

Old Warwickshire lad

Let it go.

Sbarcher

I do wonder why it’s 60 as that’s not a pensioner now - didn’t realise it was that age
I watch Oxford when City aren't playing and their senior price kicks in at 65.

mark82

Charge everyone 1% of their yearly income for a season ticket. Sorted.
no way do not want GIF by CBC

Flying Fokker

Feeling sorry for yourself. Talk to your dad, he may be able to offer some advice.

Flying Fokker

What a great post. Life was never a bed of roses. The mortgage rates of the 1980’s were horrendous. I got in more financial trouble through me hiding it away from the Mrs. No that she’d have spent it. We saved for a rainy day.

One point worth noting; many men were not expected to live much beyond 60 anyway.

Having just retired early, I am on a very modest pension…But I have to say, if I hadn’t done the research, and bridged the gap between now and Normal Retirement Age, I would not have done it.

I know that there are those who are on far better pensions than me. That’s great for them. good luck, who knows what their financial situation is? Maybe up to their eyeballs in mortgage? Credit cards etc.

One thing is for sure, a match ticket or Season ticket is way down my list of priorities. If the concession was removed, I’d be less likely to go up.

Users who are viewing this thread