21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (18 Viewers)

TomRad85

Apr 30, 2018
Easier said than done to offload players though

Plus don't forget Mason was about to leave until he got injured. That probably explains why we're going to get one less signing, or why Soare/Cranie won't sign.
It is difficult to imagine people falling over themselves to take our dead wood off our hands.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hobo

PVA

Apr 22, 2011
It is difficult to imagine people falling over themselves to take our dead wood off our hands.

Same with every club. That's not exclusive to us

Every club has deadwood they want to get rid of but in these current times other clubs don't want to pay the wages needed to take them.

So clubs are stuck with deadwood, and therefore can't sign the new players they want, and most clubs in this league are probably worse off in terms of squad quality than last season.

Reactions: Hobo and TomRad85

TomRad85

Apr 30, 2018
I would have though Pask good enough for a lower league
Pask is but really it depends how much we're paying him. He might not want to move for half the wage.

Reactions: Hobo

junglej13

Mar 23, 2011
Lawrence Shankland not in the Dundee United squad today... Rumours of a bid accepted from someone.

Liquid Gold

Sep 16, 2013
Brizzle
I understand they might not be in his plans but are they being disruptive? If not there is no point completely bombing them out, they might be decent injury cover and if they play reasonably for a game or two, even in the cup, then a club is more likely to take them. As it stands broke clubs in L1 & 2 are just going to see they're not wanted and wait for them to be released.

Skybluedownunder

Jul 13, 2020
Louie Barry off to Ipswich on loan, good signing for them. Big things expected

Hope we move in for a loan next season after he's had some time playing mens football.

Woulda been a good signing even this season, would have been similar to Harvey Elliott at Blackburn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

Dec 16, 2011
Herefordshire/Coventry
I agree but do you not think a German team might not be interested in Hilssner. Jobello's injury record would make him unattractive i assume.

I’m not sure… the level Hillsner level played at in Germany was their third tier. It may be he’s happy to see his contract out here, knowing he’s unlikely to ever get another one as good.

“But if they haven’t got squad numbers then they aren’t going to be involved, so they need to find football.

“Let’s see how hungry they are to play.”

Reactions: shmmeee

CDK

May 11, 2021
Walton Brighton keeper told to find another club,getting ostigard chances decreased as Dan burn is out for a number of weeks injured.

Hobo

May 13, 2013
Coventry
I would have though Pask good enough for a lower league

He might be but after Covid clubs haven't got the money. Plus other clubs have to try and shift their dead wood too.

skybluegod

May 13, 2011
Wayne Rooney says Derby are looking to sign James Garner, Teden Mengi and Liam Delap on loan.

I find it so frustrating that they will potentially be getting some incredible talent on loan, when they are such a basket case.

For such good players surely there are clubs that would be much better for their development who aren't in such dire straits.

Reactions: Skybluedownunder

fernandopartridge

Dec 9, 2011
I find it so frustrating that they will potentially be getting some incredible talent on loan, when they are such a basket case.

For such good players surely there are clubs that would be much better for their development who aren't in such dire straits.
On the other hand they're guaranteed to play, the siege mentality might help them long term

skybluegod

May 13, 2011
On the other hand they're guaranteed to play, the siege mentality might help them long term

If it was a decent manager, and the club was looking to come out of its troubles anytime soon I would agree to be fair. But there are neither of those two things.

fernandopartridge

Dec 9, 2011
If it was a decent manager, and the club was looking to come out of its troubles anytime soon I would agree to be fair. But there are neither of those two things.
Yeah but the players are there for a season, they're protected from any of the club's real issues and will be playing every week

Hobo

May 13, 2013
Coventry
The thing is Jobello and Hillsner might not have a chance of playingany games here - but without an offer they won't be playing anyway.

Winny the Bish

Mar 26, 2010

Delap came up through Derby's academy so I can sort of understand that one. The others are bonkers though: Garner should be at a top Champ/lower PL club.

Reactions: skybluegod

Users who are viewing this thread