2,500 tickets sold for Saturday (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

G. Thing is he actually got served quicker today then we did in the week, 2 hour wait for about 20 in the queue.

I say that was good planning....;)

But they really need to learn from this? once ok shit happens twice sorry not good enough.

You don't even live around Coventry do you, its a very poor bit of planning.

covcity4life

Yep. Been a stood here for 30 mins only half way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

This never happened when ticket office was at Ricoh :)

But u boys keep backing the club onntheir ticketing policy lmao. Working out well for you.

Bagsy

Should just let us take proof of season ticket with a print out the online order and just let us in. Not like there is any barcodes or anything to scan anyway.

stupot07

That's 1 hour stood in a queue and still a fair few in front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Bagsy

That's 1 hour stood in a queue and still a fair few in front.

Oh dear, just about to set off. Wondering whether to bother now as I might not get in till 4:30!! Tempted to just stay here watching Arsenal vs Man City! Lol

Astute

You said there were people arguing that reducing the price wouldn't bring in more people. It's in your first paragraph.

I haven't seen anyone say that.

Do you mean like the posts saying that a £4 reduction won't make any difference because we can't be bothered?

I am starting to think that reduced prices won't make much difference. Not because we can't be bothered but because they are struggling with demand at full price.

stupot07

This never happened when ticket office was at Ricoh :)

But u boys keep backing the club onntheir ticketing policy lmao. Working out well for you.

Brilliant. You're right, never happened at the Ricoh ticket office, then again the Ricoh ticket office has never had to deal with a mid season Ricoh return after a 18 month hiatus.....

We have no idea whether we'd have had exactly the same issue with a Ricoh ticket office. It's would be the exact same numbers and members of staff...

stupot07

Oh dear, just about to set off. Wondering whether to bother now as I might not get in till 4:30!! Tempted to just stay here watching Arsenal vs Man City! Lol

Yeah. Nightmare if you're picking a ST up but no issue for paying on the gate.

Grendel

Yeah? Nightmare if you're picking a ST up but no issue for paying on the gate.

It would but surely a staff member can walk up the queue taking details of the season ticket collectors and hand them out?

stupot07

It would but surely a staff member can walk up the queue taking details of the season ticket collectors and hand them out?

You would think so....

covcity4life

Brilliant. You're right, never happened at the Ricoh ticket office, then again the Ricoh ticket office has never had to deal with a mid season Ricoh return after a 18 month hiatus.....

We have no idea whether we'd have had exactly the same issue with a Ricoh ticket office. It's would be the exact same numbers and members of staff...

You hate being wrong dont you :)

hill83

Let down by the people of Coventry again. 11k is pathetic. Embarrasing.

Last edited:

The Prefect

Let down by the people of Coventy again. 11k is pathetic. Embarrasing.

No. Let down by the owners over the last few years.

If my memory is correct, clubs publish their prices at the start of the season and can't vary them. They're allowed to do a certain number of promotions where they reduce the prices but they're strictly limited. I think just over 11,000 is good.

There are a lot of people that won't be going back after all that has happened. It isn't possible to repair the damage with two home games at the Ricoh. It will take some time.

Astute

Embarrassing?

Not yet. We all know the reasons why. But we have now won two games on the trot. We should beat Scunny. Have a good chance of beating Rochdale. If we win both of these games we should be close to the top 2 clubs. If that don't get our supporters back I would fear that many won't come back whilst SISU are in place.

We shall have to wait and see.

hill83

11k is pathetic after 27k the other day. Regardless of cost or any other bollocks.

JohnWH

No. Let down by the owners over the last few years.

If my memory is correct, clubs publish their prices at the start of the season and can't vary them. They're allowed to do a certain number of promotions where they reduce the prices but they're strictly limited. I think just over 11,000 is good.

There are a lot of people that won't be going back after all that has happened. It isn't possible to repair the damage with two home games at the Ricoh. It will take some time.

11, 000+ more than I expected.

I offer no proof for my opinion, of course, but I suspect that the ticketing office simply need to ramp up their ability to make it easier for people to purchase and secure tickets both in-person and online. I have heard rumblings about both methods.

I'm a "forgiving" individual, I am sure that the two little old ladies working the shop have worked at the hardest of their ability. There needs to simply be improved resources on personnel and ticket purchase process. If a fan cannot feel confident he/she can actually get a ticket, why would he/she bother trying to go?

Otis

11k is pathetic after 27k the other day. Regardless of cost or any other bollocks.

11,000 is poor, but the club have to hold their hands up and admit to their part in this mess. Seems like quite a few people tried to get tickets and were put off by long queues etc.

Hobo

Unfortunately people have struggled to get tickets receive tickets.

But more importantly, Coventry is a very poor city. I saw a survey just before we left the Ricoh for Northampton. It showed we had some of the best value for money ticket prices. But we were practically at the bottom of the league when measuring the fans disposable income.

Let's not despair. Rebuilding the fanbase won't happen overnight. It will take time and needs improved results over the season. I am confident it will happen.

covcity4life

I wobder how much is down to queues? People may have not had time during week and if they walked up they may have turned around again when they saw match day wait!

Really does need to be addressed. Should lower Preston price as an apology :)

Atmosphere was good though I felt. Seating layout could work.

Otis

Tend to agree.

16,000 to vanish in a week is a bit of a shocker. Anybody really expect it to go that low that quick?

Nope, not me. Earlier in the week I was thinking it could 17,000.

Fair play to the fans though today. That was a great noise generated out there.

Astute

Don't you understand that many won't forget all the other bollocks as quickly as others?

11k for a division 3 game when our city has many without money, selling everyone they can get money for no matter who they are, all poor seasons for many years and run by a hedge fund that has bent us over and shafted us isn't too bad when you consider everything.

Nick

Administrator

But more importantly, Coventry is a very poor city. I saw a survey just before we left the Ricoh for Northampton. It showed we had some of the best value for money ticket prices. But we were practically at the bottom of the league when measuring the fans disposable income.

Let's not despair. Rebuilding the fanbase won't happen overnight. It will take time and needs improved results over the season. I am confident it will happen.

We have best value for money for season tickets? If people really want to then get a basic 0% credit card and buy the season ticket, then set a standing order every month, then cut it up.

The club should be doing that though, but there are ways if people are desperate.

NorthernWisdom

Nope, not me. Earlier in the week I was thinking it could 17,000.

Fair play to the fans though today. That was a great noise generated out there.

Yep, I honestly thought we could hold up 16k for a while, especially if we won a few games... and I thought I was being conservative!

Mitigating factors, sure, but it was a bloody menace getting tickets for Gillingham too.

Astute

Tend to agree.

16,000 to vanish in a week is a bit of a shocker. Anybody really expect it to go that low that quick?

Thought we would get more, but a tenner a ticket to over £20 for most tickets as well as the tenner a game being our first game back was always going to make a big difference.

hill83

Can't really argue with any of those points. But a drop of 16k is shocking.

JohnWH

Not sure if this is much perspective:

Posh were at the top of the league and unbeaten going into today's game against Notts Co.
Attendance for that game was only about 6500.

H

Huckerby

Don't get why everyone is shocked. When products are on promotion one month there is a huge drop off in sales the next month. Same concept...was always going to be a drop off - nothing new here

Bagsy

Queue wasn't as bad a expect.. Got there at 10 to 2 and had my tickets (for this game and Preston) by 2:15. Shame there was only 11k there tho :(

chiefdave

Why is there an assumption that the crowds should be significantly higher than they were before we left? We all know that one off last last week or the JPT final will see the ground full, we should all know by now they don't come back the next week.

There will be people who went before the move to Sixfields who have been lost, my Dad has no interest in going back after nearly 60 years of going. You also have to consider that the level of season ticket holders is very low, those who previously had season tickets may not be now going to games.

How many casual fans heard about the problems getting tickets or switched on CWR at 2pm to hear about huge queues and problems getting in and decided not to bother?

Users who are viewing this thread