2,500 tickets sold for Saturday (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

It wasn't a myth, the club have accepted there is/was a problem with the website. In fact it's part of the reason for stopping the £2 charge.

Its a £2 discount. Not a £2 charge.

D

Deleted member 4439

It wasn't a myth, the club have accepted there is/was a problem with the website. In fact it's part of the reason for stopping the £2 charge.

Could well be the case; however, the essence of SBL's point remains - there really are no excuses. We all know that whether for today's game or not, we will be back to the 10K hardcore, which is pretty lamentable for a city of our size.

Kingokings204

Could well be the case; however, the essence of SBL's point remains - there really are no excuses. We all know that whether for today's game or not, we will be back to the 10K hardcore, which is pretty lamentable for a city of our size.

Just out of interest what should the attendance be and why?

theferret

Now the walk-up surcharge has gone along with the myth that buying tickets online is arduous, I look forward to reading some new made up excuses as to why the people of Coventry won't come and support their team after a year away.

Because its absolutely not repeat not because a huge number of them simply can't be arsed..

Of course some people simply cannot be arsed, or simply choose do to something else. Who has said differently? And why are you so arrogant as to think everyone ought to be as committed as you anyway?

Some people can't be arsed, some people simply can't (work, distance etc), some perhaps cannot afford it and might go to the next game instead or perhaps the one after that. Doesn't mean it is not worth debating ticket prices or other possible incentives to encourage people back. Our average gate is half now what it was just a few years ago - so we have lost a lot of people who up until recently could be arsed. No harm in talking about that and how we can fix it.

theferret

Ah, the '10K hardcore' nonsense again. Totally oblivious to the fact we are currently getting our worst gates for about 50 years - so decidely UNtypical of this club, and yet completely unwilling to engage in sensible discussions about the reasons for that and how we might reverse the trend.

I think it is pretty lamentable that Wolves got league gates of less than 3K in the fourth division, but then there were reasons for that and the club rebuilt itself and tapped back in to their massive fanbase. All clubs have seen big fluctuations in their support over the years, why shoud we be any different?

bawtryneal

The biggest contributing factor is success on the pitch. If we are up or around the play offs or even better close to automatic promotion the gates will be 20k plus. Coventry is not different to any other city or football club.

D

Deleted member 4439

Ah, the '10K hardcore' nonsense again. Totally oblivious to the fact we are currently getting our worst gates for about 50 years - so decidely UNtypical of this club, and yet completely unwilling to engage in sensible discussions about the reasons for that and how we might reverse the trend.

I think it is pretty lamentable that Wolves got league gates of less than 3K in the fourth division, but then there were reasons for that and the club rebuilt itself and tapped back in to their massive fanbase. All clubs have seen big fluctuations in their support over the years, why shoud we be any different?

Plead guilty to a rather throwaway post rather than presenting a thesis. But on a point, I would have thought comparisons over the last thirty years rather than fifty would be a starting point. And of course the gates depend on the level of success, who would have said otherwise?

bhday

IPSWICH FAN IN PEACE -

I work local, due to working nights this weekend I can't get to Portman Road, decided to come and cheer on Nouble!
Hope the crowd does improve dramatically, it's a big shame that such a wonderful club as yours has these problems.

Ben

Kingokings204

The biggest contributing factor is success on the pitch. If we are up or around the play offs or even better close to automatic promotion the gates will be 20k plus. Coventry is not different to any other city or football club.

Yes we all agree but what myself and other posters are saying. We haven't had a top 6 finish in the league for 40+ years so we have never had chance to see this.

What should be happening is without success like ccfc has had none as we know how do we get gates of 20k because it seems some posters think 10-12k fans today is "pathetic"

I don't agree fans haven't got a reason to turn up and haven't had a good reason for over 10 years. In those 10+ years we have seen no investment all our good players leave, never a sustained challenge for the playoffs or more. Ticket prices are not all that affordable. Opposition doesn't attract many people such as yeovil town today. We will always have the "hardcore" but it's the non hardcore you try and get back to become hardcore fans surely?

I'm sorry we need to be coming up with family tickets of 2 adults and 2 kids or 1 adult and 3 kids and reducing ticket prices slightly to £19-20 with no premium zone. Also sod off the £2 increase on a match day as we want fans to come don't we? Match packages like Nick said that make people commit so 6 match package that works out to £15-17 a game but keeps them coming back. Not every one can commit to a ST.

They are numerous ways to increase the fan base again but at the moment we currently have done nothing about it. I will commend the club on scraping £2 walk up today as clearly there has been problems and it's just not fair to go "yeah come but pay £2 more even though you have been trying all week"

Other clubs seem to offer loads of initiatives that have been discussed. We need them. We have a great advantage at Coventry and we have a 32k stadium so please let's use it. It's an advantage not a disadvantage so use it.

All this is without any other club having to deal with the last 18 months of our club and Northampon with a clear hatred for our owners with some clearly not coming back at all until they go.

stupot07

I really think we're gonna make the play off's this season. Can't wait the new excuse when fans can no longer blame no top 6 in 40 years nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

I work in Manchester, so no chance of getting to the shop to queue for tickets.

But I decided I wanted to go last weekend, so I ordered tickets online in less than a minute and my ticket arrived in the post early on in the week.

Moral of the story........ planning ahead

Yep!

Bought my ST on the first day they were available and my post has just been this morning and still no Yeovil ticket, so now have to go to the Gallagher or the Ricoh to pick it up.

Planning ahead works for sure. :facepalm:

stupot07

Yep!

Bought my ST on the first day they were available and my post has just been this morning and still no Yeovil ticket, so now have to go to the Gallagher or the Ricoh to pick it up.

Planning ahead works for sure. :facepalm:

Snap. Feel slightly irritated that I have to go and collect them. It's says you have to go to the Ricoh from 11 on the ccfc site. No mention of the Gallagher, unless you've heard differently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

kevinleftpeg

I tell you what Grendel, you certainly know how to cheer someone up. Log on after a few days to see another upbeat Grendelfest.

I am sure if someone gave you a winning Euro Lottery ticket you would refuse it as 'they are not my favourite numbers'

Astute

I haven't seen a single post where it is being argued that reducing prices won't bring in any more supporters.

What people have been saying is that income may reduce as the number going won't be sufficient to make up the difference, you agree with this.

Try reading again what I did post. I said it might not bring in more income. I didn't say that anyone is saying that it wouldn't bring in more people. There can't be anyone on here that stupid can there........

Or did some say that reducing prices by £4 wouldn't make any difference?

Otis

Snap. Feel slightly irritated that I have to go and collect them. It's says you have to go to the Ricoh from 11 on the ccfc site. No mention of the Gallagher, unless you've heard differently?

No, stu.

Some people have said though that they went to Gallagher and they had a box of envelopes with the tickets in for ST holders.

Am now guessing this box will have been passed over to the Ricoh.

It's a mess isn't it and I can see why it is putting people off. For those of us who bought season tickets two weeks ago I find it totally ridiculous that we haven't got tickets for today's game.

stupot07

No, stu.

Some people have said though that they went to Gallagher and they had a box of envelopes with the tickets in for ST holders.

Am now guessing this box will have been passed over to the Ricoh.

It's a mess isn't it and I can see why it is putting people off. For those of us who bought season tickets two weeks ago I find it totally ridiculous that we haven't got tickets for today's game.

Agreed Otis. They should have send out paper tickets for both the gillingham and Yeovil games to ST's in that first week, it would have bought them a little more time. My gillingham ticket arrived in good time but a no show this morning.

Also feeling annoyed at car parking, they have another event so only one car park and I'm struggling to get hold of the car park office to order one.

And with the parking situation, will we be able to park up and collect the tickets from 11?

Last edited:

Spagbol

They have given season ticket holders paper tickets for the Preston game as well, that indicates they are not expecting to get on top of it until then....:( It's a joke. Hope the team make it all worth the trouble today. PUSB

Rusty Trombone

Try reading again what I did post. I said it might not bring in more income. I didn't say that anyone is saying that it wouldn't bring in more people. There can't be anyone on here that stupid can there........

Or did some say that reducing prices by £4 wouldn't make any difference?

You said there were people arguing that reducing the price wouldn't bring in more people. It's in your first paragraph.

I haven't seen anyone say that.

Bagsy

They have given season ticket holders paper tickets for the Preston game as well, that indicates they are not expecting to get on top of it until then....:( It's a joke. Hope the team make it all worth the trouble today. PUSB

Would love to know where my 'paper ticket' is! Not turned up today, so going pick it up before the game now :(. Why do I get the impression I'm not in the minority!

Otis

Agreed Otis. They should have send out paper tickets for both the gillingham and Yeovil games to ST's in that first week, it would have bought them a little more time. My gillingham ticket arrived in good time but a no show this morning.

Also feeling annoyed at car parking, they have another event so only one car park and I'm struggling to get hold of the car park office to order one.

And with the parking situation, will we be able to park up and collect the tickets from 11?

Yes, just got mine. Queue forming as we speak and just 2 windows open. Inside the office they seemingly have all the ST's tickets for todays game in individual envelopes. Gave me Yeovil and Preston tickets.

Expecting the queue to grow and grow. Seems quite slow moving.

letsallsingtogether

Some should get them half time then.

Yes, just got mine. Queue forming as we speak and just 2 windows open. Inside the office they seemingly have all the ST's tickets for todays game in individual envelopes. Gave me Yeovil and Preston tickets.

Otis

Some should get them half time then.

Doesn't look promising and with just 2 windows that is going to make the whole process slow. When I finally got to the window I was served within about 30 secs, but many more in front of me seemed to be many minutes at the window. Am guessing they were buying tickets rather than picking up ST game ticket ones.

I was only there half an hour, but then there were only about 20 people in front of me and it was before the offical 11 a.m.opening time.

The queue was considerably bigger when I left.

Bagsy

Doesn't look promising and with just 2 windows that is going to make the whole process slow. When I finally got to the window I was served within about 30 secs, but many more in front of me seemed to be many minutes at the window. Am guessing they were buying tickets rather than picking up ST game ticket ones.

I was only there half an hour, but then there were only about 20 people in front of me and it was before the offical 11 a.m.opening time.

The queue was considerably bigger when I left.

Maybe they should just do what most other sporting events do and have a separate kiosk or something for collecting tickets... That would be too easy though. Hopefully when the queue is still big 15 mins before KO they just go down the queue and hand the tickets out to people. Again I don't hold out much hope though! Haha.

Sounds to me like they haven't even bothered posting out the majority of tickets.

Otis

Maybe they should just do what most other sporting events do and have a separate kiosk or something for collecting tickets... That would be too easy though. Hopefully when the queue is still big 15 mins before KO they just go down the queue and hand the tickets out to people. Again I don't hold out much hope though! Haha.

Sounds to me like they haven't even bothered posting out the majority of tickets.

Well yep, seems that way. Mine is in an envelope with my name and address on it, as if it was to have been posted.

Where they are there are just 2 windows. Maybe they should just set up a table outside as a collection point for people who have already bought tickets and are just picking them up.

Or is that too simple?

stupot07

Just got here....queue is pretty big. 30 mins they reckon.

wellerfan

I got there 10 mins early, about 20 in front. 20 mins in queue and 7mins at counter.
Only wanted my own ticket and handed over receipt, so shouldn't have took to long.
Queue was quite long when I left. Can see problems looming!

Grendel

Just got here....queue is pretty big. 30 mins they reckon.

You don't even live around Coventry do you, its a very poor bit of planning.

Nick

Administrator
I got there 10 mins early, about 20 in front. 20 mins in queue and 7mins at counter.
Only wanted my own ticket and handed over receipt, so shouldn't have took to long.
Queue was quite long when I left. Can see problems looming!

What took them 7 minutes to serve you???

stupot07

You don't even live around Coventry do you, its a very poor bit of planning.

Poor Planning all round. If they'd have not said they were posing them out and to come and collect I would have picked them is earlier this week. But they said they were posting them but to collect if they don't turn up - I've waiting for todays post to come, they didn't arrive.

Otis

Poor Planning all round. If they'd have not said they were posing them out and to come and collect I would have picked them is earlier this week. But they said they were posting them but to collect if they don't turn up - I've waiting for todays post to come, they didn't arrive.

Exactly the same here. I could have collected them days ago, but we were told they were posted out, so I waited untilt he final postal delivery this morning. Seems to me that lots and lots of tickets simply weren't posted out at all. If that is the case they should have said so and asked us to collect them.

lifelongcityfan

i am prepared to cut the club some slack for Gillingham, but there really is no excuse for this fiasco.

It really does not take much to add extra phone lines and take on casual staff.

stupot07

Exactly the same here. I could have collected them days ago, but we were told they were posted out, so I waited untilt he final pst this morning. Seems to me sthat lots and lots of tickets simply weren't posted out at all. If that is the case they should have said so and asked us to collect them.

Yep. Been a stood here for 30 mins only half way.

Bagsy

Or is that too simple?

Yes. One thing I've got used to supporting this club for years is the serious lack of common sense! Guess I'm going to miss some of the first half then as I can't leave till 1 at the earliest :(

Users who are viewing this thread