1987 (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

Yep… just have so little recollection of the day. Wish I’d taken more time to look around and take it all in instead of getting bladdered!!

Macca1987

Me also, went to the Rugby League final the week before, and ended up standing on roughly the same patch of terrace for both

Gman1987

A 14 year old version of me was there! What a day, couldnt see a lot from where I was but remember the messiah diving past a despairing Hughton!

rob9872

A 14 year old version of me was there! What a day, couldnt see a lot from where I was but remember the messiah diving past a despairing Hughton!
Same. Didn't expect our return to take so long and actually enjoyed Checkatrade and L2 play off more.

eastwoodsdustman

16 Year old me. I went to every round and very nearly missed out on a final ticket as I couldn't afford a season ticket on my paper round money. I think about 5 or 6 people behind me in the queue got tickets and that was it.
Came home on the train and remember walking up to Mcdonalds in Walsgrave and it being gridlocked with cars and everyone hanging out of windows shouting and singing.

torchomatic

Me, I was 21. Ticket cost me - well, my Dad - £45 from a bloke at the pub in Southam. Imagine what £45 is nowadays. I cannot remember why we had to do this though as I was a STH even back then. Three of us went down and I was the only one who had a ticket. Got the train from Cov station. Remember being in a large cattle shed queuing up to get on the train. What a day.

duffer

Hell yes. Remember it like yesterday, stood behind the goal, two thirds of the way up, amazing view.

Then Clive Allen scored and I remember thinking, "We're going to get spanked 5-0!".

It was probably the first season when I followed us home and away religiously.

The bastards, I thought every season would be like that. 😄

Hertsccfc

Me, I was 21. Ticket cost me - well, my Dad - £45 from a bloke at the pub in Southam. Imagine what £45 is nowadays. I cannot remember why we had to do this though as I was a STH even back then. Three of us went down and I was the only one who had a ticket. Got the train from Cov station. Remember being in a large cattle shed queuing up to get on the train. What a day.
From memory I think my ticket was £6.

torchomatic

torchomatic

Used an inflation thing. Face value ticket (£6) would now be worth £16.50ish. Bargain. My ticket was the equivalent of £124 today. Sell worth it though.

rob9872

Looks like we had knobheads profiteering from other fans even back then. Think ours were £6 or £7. In fact sold one for tomorrow night to someone on here I didn't know for face value. I understand supply and demand, but buying tickets just to sell to the highest bidder should be banned from buying in the future.

rob9872

yeah, that was the face value, I think. Sadly, I no longer have my ticket.
Looks like someone beat me to it, but that's a shame you font have it. I have mine framed along with programme and signed shot of Houchens header.

NortonSkyBlue

I lived in London, met my dad at Euston, some Spurs fans had a open double decker bus tried to piss on us, got to Wembley early, enjoyed the preamble and cried when the teams came out. My team was in the FA Cup final.
Cried at the end when killer lifted the cup, took my dad back to Euston, got home and my wife said “I haven’t cooked as I didn’t know what time you would be back. Did they lose?”
Watched it on MOTD, cried again. Travelled into central London bought all the early editions of the Sunday papers and read them all night. Memories that will never be beaten, simply the best day, RIP George, John and Cyrille.

Covkid1968#

Me also, went to the Rugby League final the week before, and ended up standing on roughly the same patch of terrace for both
I went to all the Silk Cut finals in the mid 80s so I would have done that

Adge

Was a nipper and couldn’t see a thing-tried to climb on the fence for a better view but was relying on the crowd really as we got near the goal! 😁
Managed to get a viewpoint though for Killer lifting the cup 👍

torchomatic

It was a memorable week. Remember 12K or whatever it was for the Youth Cup Final on the Wednesday night.

ccfcanon

I was 16 years old had my last exam the day before and on the first train out in the morning and then after getting back to the Cheylesmore club to meet my Dad to be told that he had punched a hole in the ceiling when he jumped up to celebrate the winner .
Great day with some great people who are sadly missed

Skybluecol

I was 7....went to the Youth Cup final (against Charlton Athletic if I remember correctly). Watched the Cup Final at my Grandparents house....remember it like it was yesterday even though I was very young (which I'm so grateful for)
Remember going to see the bus parade in town and was outside the Belgrade with my older cousin climbing the traffic lights to get the best view

It’sabatch87

I was 18 and slept overnight at highfield rd for my ticket as they went on sale early.
I was on that football special train from Cov to Wembley Central that stopped just outside Cov and had to run from Wembley Central to get in, in time for the game.
Got in while abide with me was being sung.
My ticket cost £6 standing up right at the back behind the goal.
A great day PUSB👍👕

Ashdown

Went every round and the Charity shield….time of our lives in that year. Musical paradise, pubs fantastic, ciggy with your pint

ovduk78

I went with my younger brother. Caught the train from Coventry & I think the train in front of ours broke down and we were a bit delayed but not as bad as them who arrived at Wembley just in time for kick off. Met my friend at the stadium and he had managed to buy a ticket on the day for the Spurs end but by putting 3 tickets together with his in the middle we all got in the upper terrace. After the match we found the queue for the train back and were in it for ages & didn't get back to Coventry until after 11pm.

Terry_dactyl

I went to the semi* but my dad couldn’t get tickets for the final. Didn’t the club immediately start selling them straight after the Southampton game, which we were at?

9 year old me was elated when we won…I still think about it often.

*which was amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread