10 years ago today… (2 Viewers)

SBT

Five years ago yesterday…

SHFWR

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I'm not so sure.

He's never consistently played higher than League One and his height, or lack there of, would pose a pretty sizeable issue.

The fact he's not particularly technically astute with the ball and his distribution was poor would only highlight his flaws and expose him terribly.

Agreed - I think it was probably a blessing he rejected our contract offer after the 18/19 season ended. Very good League 1 player, but always thought his speed got him out of trouble caused by poor positioning/reading of the game.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Agreed - I think it was probably a blessing he rejected our contract offer after the 18/19 season ended. Very good League 1 player, but always thought his speed got him out of trouble caused by poor positioning/reading of the game.

Yeah, he was a capable defender who was athletically superior to most on the pitch in any given game.

That's always going to give you an advantage as a player.

Against better players though, who are far more intelligent both on and off the ball, he'd be quickly found out.

Liquid Gold

A fit Willis would get into our current side - in fact a speedy centre back is what we need. His distribution was very suspect though.
Absolutely no chance.

We weren't able to play the passing style that got us out of L1 until he moved on because his distribution was terrible. Nothing in his career to me suggests he's a top10 L1 centre back let alone a Championship one.

SBAndy

I was there too, miserable day out all round. Bad pub, crap food, poor beer, knackered old stand pre-redevelopment, got soaking wet walking to the ground in the rain across a field and through some grim underpasses. Woeful game left us set up for relegation. We needed to win and we went down like a sack of potatoes. Bank holiday Monday as well if I remember rightly.

At least you didn’t get left at Michael Wood services!

CDK

Disaster of a so called manager thorn only ever heading on a downward spiral the club,don't think he was any good as a scout.

Users who are viewing this thread