Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Watford Match Thread - Monday 10th Apr (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Need a couple of early goals to settle the nerves.

We do need a win today so want to see us really go for it if we need to.

EalingSB

Bit random but I’m in Sanur, Bali, and will be in a pub to watch it at 10pm local time if any other Cov fans are around.

Lots of negativity around the Swansea game but I managed to watch it in full yesterday without knowing the result and I thought we played OK against a decent team. We could have nicked it but fair result for me.

Grendel

Need a couple of early goals to settle the nerves.

We do need a win today so want to see us really go for it if we need to.

The problem is Cuffey and Esbrand are poor at creating much at all and leave huge gaps at the back

He won’t consider 4-3-3 and will probably start godden

We could easily get overwhelmed very quickly

pusbccfc

Unless Vik has a blinder, I have no idea where the goals will come from today.

Terry Gibson's perm

The problem is Cuffey and Esbrand are poor at creating much at all and leave huge gaps at the back

He won’t consider 4-3-3 and will probably start godden

We could easily get overwhelmed very quickly

Just the same with Dabo he creates virtually nothing.

He would have started with one up top today but we seem a bit low on midfielders and he obviously doesn’t fancy Maguire.

Greggs

The Watford forum seems a decent place, they think their team is shite and want Elton John back as chairman/manager.
This post was the highlight though ...
  1. Legend has it that Coventry was the birthplace of St. George, dragon slayer and patron saint of England.
  2. Britain's car industry was founded by Daimler in a disused Coventry cotton mill in 1896
  3. George Eliot lived and went to school in Coventry. Life in the city around 1830 was the model for Middlemarch, her most famous novel.
  4. All modern bicycles are descended from John Kemp Starley's Rover safety cycle, invented in Coventry in 1885.
  5. The city was the birthplace of jet pioneer Sir Frank Whittle, the poet Philip Larkin and the pop impresario Pete Waterman.
  6. George Orwell wanted to use Coventry as the model for his study of poverty in England during the 1930's. But he found it too prosperous and took The Road To Wigan Pier.
  7. Coventry has two universities (Warwick and Coventry) and three cathedrals - the ruins of St. Mary's, destroyed by Henry VIII, the ruins of St. Michael's, blitzed in November 1940 and Sir Basil Spence's new cathedral, consecrated in 1962 and recently voted Britain's most popular 20th century building.
  8. The expression 'true blue' has Coventry origins and dates from the 14th century, when cloth dyed Coventry blue became very fashionable and expensive.
  9. The first tank, the first traffic indicators for cars and the first dumper truck were built in Coventry. The first motorised funeral was held in the city.
  10. The phrase 'sent to Coventry' originated during the English Civil War, when captured Royalists were imprisoned in the heavily fortified and strongly pro-Parliament city. They were given a hard time by the local people.
  11. Chuck Berry recorded his number one hit 'My Ding-A-Ling' at a Coventry dance hall.
  12. Coventry will easily beat Watford.

Sbarcher

Shit weather. Hope it doesn’t put anyone off.

Ashdown

The Watford forum seems a decent place, they think their team is shite and want Elton John back as chairman/manager.
This post was the highlight though ...
  1. Legend has it that Coventry was the birthplace of St. George, dragon slayer and patron saint of England.
  2. Britain's car industry was founded by Daimler in a disused Coventry cotton mill in 1896
  3. George Eliot lived and went to school in Coventry. Life in the city around 1830 was the model for Middlemarch, her most famous novel.
  4. All modern bicycles are descended from John Kemp Starley's Rover safety cycle, invented in Coventry in 1885.
  5. The city was the birthplace of jet pioneer Sir Frank Whittle, the poet Philip Larkin and the pop impresario Pete Waterman.
  6. George Orwell wanted to use Coventry as the model for his study of poverty in England during the 1930's. But he found it too prosperous and took The Road To Wigan Pier.
  7. Coventry has two universities (Warwick and Coventry) and three cathedrals - the ruins of St. Mary's, destroyed by Henry VIII, the ruins of St. Michael's, blitzed in November 1940 and Sir Basil Spence's new cathedral, consecrated in 1962 and recently voted Britain's most popular 20th century building.
  8. The expression 'true blue' has Coventry origins and dates from the 14th century, when cloth dyed Coventry blue became very fashionable and expensive.
  9. The first tank, the first traffic indicators for cars and the first dumper truck were built in Coventry. The first motorised funeral was held in the city.
  10. The phrase 'sent to Coventry' originated during the English Civil War, when captured Royalists were imprisoned in the heavily fortified and strongly pro-Parliament city. They were given a hard time by the local people.
  11. Chuck Berry recorded his number one hit 'My Ding-A-Ling' at a Coventry dance hall.
  12. Coventry will easily beat Watford.
That’s all a bit too intelligent and polite for the average football fan

Great_Expectations

Wasn’t supposed to be there today as had a rare child free day so we had a day out planned, however the weather has ruined that and my partner said she is ‘fine’ with me going now….

We all know that doesn’t actually mean fine, but I’m going with it.

Not massively confident, but holding out hope we scrape something and all leave the ground with play offs still within our grasp.

Be interesting to see the team, for such a pivotal position our selection of wing backs is poor. I would go Bidwell and Burroughs.

Users who are viewing this thread