Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Sunderland Match Thread - Saturday 25th Feb (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

I’d rather wipe my arse with sandpaper than post anything on that forum and have to converse with those dense deluded fuckers
They will openly say they dislike us , call us all sorts , talk down on the city of Coventry and its people .. and the cov fans on there will be like , yea but please like me

TomRad85

They will openly say they dislike us , call us all sorts , talk down on the city of Coventry and its people .. and the cov fans on there will be like , yea but please like me
James Blake Football GIF

Sunderland friend

alexccfc99

Not saying it’s coming tomorrow but bubbling away under the surface I can see a Sheffield United at home moment from last season brewing for the upcoming weeks - where everything just clicks into place for a game and we give someone a hiding

theferret

Really ? Hardly like we are playing Leicester .. feels like a normal game but with a bit more as we can close in on top 6 with a game in hand on a couple .

I was being a bit tongue in cheek. To be honest every Friday feels like Christmas Eve when we're playing Saturday. Just a touch more anticipation with this one. Luton was more Xmas 1985 when I was getting a Mr Frosty. Tomorrow is more 1986 when I was in for a commodore 64.

SBT

I read somewhere there’ll be a minute’s silence for John Motson at games this weekend. Not sure if we’re doing the same, but yesterday the club posted Motty’s eulogy for Jimmy Hill at the Coventry Cathedral funeral service in 2016. Wouldn’t it be lovely if they could play the whole thing on the big screens and over the tannoys in the concourse before the game as tribute - how can we get the club to make this happen?

pusbccfc

Worse still, Sunderland fans will say all that, plus sing songs about a dead man and yet will scream to you about how 'they don't care about Cov'.

robbiethemole

I read somewhere there’ll be a minute’s silence for John Motson at games this weekend. Not sure if we’re doing the same, but yesterday the club posted Motty’s eulogy for Jimmy Hill at the Coventry Cathedral funeral service in 2016. Wouldn’t it be lovely if they could play the whole thing on the big screens and over the tannoys in the concourse before the game as tribute - how can we get the club to make this happen?

won't that just piss off the Sunderland lot even more, hearing good things about JH??

bigfatronssba

Suppose this is the level you stoop to when you haven't won a trophy since 1973.

That lads bio says born in 1998

Imagine being that upset by something that happened 21 years before you were born!

alexccfc99

Some clown has responded to that with a picture of Bradley Lowery. Just no need for that.
They are both as bad as eachother - But when you look at the Cov fans calling out our las as opposed to how many likes the original tweet has, it sums up us vs them

they’re vermin, can’t believe people will happily sit on their forum chatting to them

Bad Boy

Not suggesting tomorrow is a must win game but it would be an indication of serious intent to push for the playoffs.
Make no mistake we're a good side on our day and why shouldn't little old Coventry City be where we once proudly were.

napolimp

It's baffling that someone from Sunderland would call Coventry a dump. Do they walk around with their eyes closed up there? It's one of the most depressing places I've ever been - except for the winter Gardens, they're pretty cool.

TomRad85

They are both as bad as eachother - But when you look at the Cov fans calling out our las as opposed to how many likes the original tweet has, it sums up us vs them

they’re vermin, can’t believe people will happily sit on their forum chatting to them
We defo have some whoppers supporting us, I mean we've all seen the Facebook forum, all clubs have them. But Sunderland, that percentage is unusually high.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Bad Boy

It's baffling that someone from Sunderland would call Coventry a dump. Do they walk around with their eyes closed up there? It's one of the most depressing places I've ever been - except for the winter Gardens, they're pretty cool.
It is a dump, but it's our dump. But theirs is dumpier and we don't want it.

pusbccfc

It is a dump, but it's our dump. But theirs is dumpier and we don't want it.

Coventry isn't even that bad these days, unlike towns like Sunderland, it's progressed massively. City of culture helped, let's not forget we beat Sunderland to that too.

theferret

Not sure, I expect floods of tears from the away end so could get a bit slippery.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Nothing is going to happen at 10.30am and after the game it'll be a sea of hi-vis vests. Most that will happen will be a bit of fence rattling.

It’sabatch87

Heard their main coaches are pitching up in Nuneaton before they come over to Cov
Don’t most opposition coaches stop outside of the main city? It’s law isn’t it I’ve done it.
Anyway they’d probably think Nuneaton is a bit posh compared to Sun’lun!!

Users who are viewing this thread