Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Sunderland Match Thread - Saturday 25th Feb (1 Viewer)

coop

Jack Clark a decent player for them not sure but I thought that Roberts was out for the season or am I getting mixed up with another player who was banging goals in for them.

Bugsy

Jack Clark a decent player for them not sure but I thought that Roberts was out for the season or am I getting mixed up with another player who was banging goals in for them.

I think its Ross Stewart their striker who is out mate

jordan210

We should have signed O’Nien a few years ago. He is the type of shithouser we need when trying to kill and game off and slow it down.

the rumpo kid

O’Nien is a dirty little shithousing fucker with little skill, and left one in on Vik the first game.
Can’t believe the things he gets away with, usually lunging tackles and stays on the pitch. Maybe Fadz can get close to him at some point on Saturday, and give him some back hahaha
Gus is 19 games without a card, I'd let him off one if he did this little c**t !

jordan210

A modicum of footballing ability would be nice though.

I did just look at his stats and he has 1 goal and 1 assist this year. Was expecting a lot higher the way Sunderland fans go on about him.

obvs he will now score on sat.....

Great_Expectations

Agree re O’Nien he’s such a poor footballer, however I am worried he’ll end up injuring Vik. Especially as Gyokeres often pulls onto the opposing RB and he’ll clearly have his pants down so I’d expect O’Nien to retaliate.

However, while he isn’t the ideal attacking threat, Bidwell is as solid as they come and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go in on O’Nien whenever he gets the chance…..

Astute

2-0 to us. No recognised striker. Several players are slow compared to ours. And we have Gyokeres back on form as well as our defence.

If we get an early goal it could end up a rout.

Happy_Martian

Agree re O’Nien he’s such a poor footballer, however I am worried he’ll end up injuring Vik. Especially as Gyokeres often pulls onto the opposing RB and he’ll clearly have his pants down so I’d expect O’Nien to retaliate.

However, while he isn’t the ideal attacking threat, Bidwell is as solid as they come and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go in on O’Nien whenever he gets the chance…..

Considering the speed of both Wilson and Fadz, that has come to light when they're charging down the pitch to celebrate another of Vik's goals, I'd imagine if O'whatsisface does try to damage one of ours, he's gonna get surrounded pretty damn quickly, even if he's in their corner quadrant.

#😤💪✊🥴

Sick Boy

O’Nien is a dirty little shithousing fucker with little skill, and left one in on Vik the first game.
Can’t believe the things he gets away with, usually lunging tackles and stays on the pitch. Maybe Fadz can get close to him at some point on Saturday, and give him some back hahaha
Sounds like the sort of player we need.

no_loyalty

2-0 to us. No recognised striker. Several players are slow compared to ours. And we have Gyokeres back on form as well as our defence.

If we get an early goal it could end up a rout.
They have Gelhardt on loan from Leeds, scored for them last night.

We should have enough quality to beat them.

jordan210

Having just watched the goals from last night. If we can get Palmer and Gus playing in Vik constantly he should have a field day.

We just need to be quick create space and run at them.

Astute

I hope O'Nien gets his legs broken the first minute to be fair.
Keep him on the pitch.....until he gets sent off. He gives it a lot of effort but he isn't that good. Wouldn't even make our bench.

fernandopartridge

Found this funny on the Sunderland forum (a comment about the bi-polar nature of football message boards):

A week ago you had posters cheering on Sheff Utd dropping points, as we were on the verge of rampaging up the league and overhauling a 90 point gap. A week later we're heading into a 'must win' against Coventry, just to keep the season alive 😄.

I love this place. Its like simultaneously receiving a strip tease from Salma Hayek, while out the corner of your eye you can see Therese Coffey grinning at you, lubing up the anal beads in a rubber glove.

coop

Fingers crossed keep 11 on the pitch and I think we should have enough. Can see a red card in this game though hopefully for them.

jordan210

They don’t like it up ‘em

I was going to put penetrate.

Carry On Mood GIF

Brighton Sky Blue

Ignoring O’Nien they have a fair number of quality players. If we aren’t at our best we get turned over-so focus on our own performance.

Sky Blue Harry H

They have a whole thread called 'Must win' referring to our match, and nearly all of the posts say we are a good team, most not 'expecting' a win, it will be a tough game, and not one insulting comment about past history etc. I'm sure it may appear later, but it was/is a balanced sensible thread.

Brighton Sky Blue

They have a whole thread called 'Must win' referring to our match, and nearly all of the posts say we are a good team, most not 'expecting' a win, it will be a tough game, and not one insulting comment about past history etc. I'm sure it may appear later, but it was/is a balanced sensible thread.

I have a soft spot for that part of the world-really a shame that nonsense from the 70s was allowed to be used 45-50 years later.

Frostie

On O'Nien, these are just last night...

Ignore the Ogbene flop in the first clip, that's not even O'Nien (or barely even a foul) but can't link the second vid without it for some reason.

Sunderland fans don't even think they're fouls btw.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread