Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Sheffield United Match Thread - Wednesday 19th Oct (1 Viewer)

alexccfc99

I’m really quietly confident for this! I think we can nick a win

they’ve some front line to be fair Sheff Utd, N’Diaye is some player, Sharp always scores against us and McBurnie seems to have pulled his finger out this season! Probably the biggest test of our defensive renaissance so far

Liquid Gold

Pressure seems to have dropped a little after 3 points on Saturday and their form is patch after a great start.

I see a point here which would take us off bottom if Huddersfield lose.

Should be a great atmosphere either way.

PVA

Eccles should start if he's fresh enough. He hasn't played much so might not be quite ready for two games in a week but he definitely deserves the shirt if he's fit enough

Great_Expectations

Keep Eccles. He deserves his place and I was pleased to see him show he’s actually a good footballer on Saturday.

Hamer is a good option from the bench, especially if we need an injection. Yea he’s creative but he’s been out for 4 games, and as it is he only turns up 1 in 3/4 so let him come on with 30/40 minutes to play and make amends.

I wouldn’t mind Waghorn for Godden, or Palmer for Godden alongside Allen at 10, but I don’t think we’ll see it. Godden did more than usual on Saturday too to be fair.

Confident we’ll sneak a win and we’ll see a good game to boot. COH to make a 10 minute cameo and score the winner.

2-0, Gyokeres, McFadzean (or 1-0 COH 95th minute winner).

Either way atmosphere to be fantastic.

OldBedrocker

I’m in Glasgow until 3 hoping to drive back in time. Any highways agency city fans out there can stop any cars joint the M6 after me!? Would be greatly appreciated😁

rexo87

Kieth Stroud is the ref for this game, another “look at me” fucking wanker.
I actually think he's been alright the last few times we've had him. Doesn't tend to just give decisions to the bigger/better sides like most do

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

AOM

Wilson
Rose Fadz Panzo
Dabo Sheaf Eccles Bidwell
Hamer Palmer
Gyokeres​

This is the best team I've been able to come up with too.

Assuming Hamer has been okay in training, he should ideally be back in, but also would like Palmer and Eccles playing so they can build some momentum on the last game.
Bring Waghorn or Godden on later on if it's still 0-0

Offhegoes

Jamie Allen will not be dropped after having a decent game (from all accounts) on Sat. I would hope at least Palmer will get a start, as the team that started at Cardiff is far from our best 11, and without Hamer, O'Hare & Palmer lacks creativity. Might be ok for slogging out an away win, but not at home please.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Honestly I can't stand Sheffield United or their fans hope we batter them but would happily take a 1-0 win

CV22SBA

Any idea how many Sheffield United are bringing? Attendance looking a bit like a tribute to our former landlords atm!
They've sold 1700 and yeah i just looked and ticket sales are really poor, thought it would be a big crowd. Virtually none sold behind the goal.

PVA

I would seriously contemplate dropping godden and playing waghorn. But then do we change a winning team?

Waghorn did well when he came on but I thought Godden was very good on Saturday.

Played a key part in the goal with a lovely layoff for Allen and also set up Gyokeres a few times with good play. It was his best game in weeks.

Robinshio

so they put in a stupid appeal for their keeper
The blackpool appeal has been rejected, so expect their one will be aswell
I am surprised they didnt get an extra game for an out of hand appeal, as it was all in wrestling

coop

Cold Wednesday night money tight unlikely win most people stay in with a coat on and a hot chocolate.

Users who are viewing this thread