Match Thread ⚽️ Burnley vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 14th Jan (4 Viewers)

Grendel

I can’t see how we will hold on to Gyokeres - he stands out as by far and the way our best player

EalingSB

Having wide players higher up the pitch is making a big difference to our build up play. Burnley are pretty stretched because of it and Hamer and Sheaf have the quality to hold the midfield in a 2
Agreed, and it means we're pinning them back so the likes of Maatsen aren't getting forward.

SkyBlueMatt

I'm liking Norton so far, some good crosses. I think once he settles and becomes more familiar with Gyokeres, could be dangerous.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Grendel

Love the way Yok never hesitates to run straight at the defence. Scares the shit out of them.

he causes so much damage - it’s a nonsense we have no other players who can score goals

stupot07

Good half been the better team, Burnley will surely not come out too passive in the second half.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Paxman II

The opportunities are there, we just need one to fall our way. Second half you will expect Burnley to come our flying. pressing and interceptions have been brilliant so far from us. Hamer is the best player on the park.

Tommo1993

We’ve been better. Alas, we’re far too forgiving when we get close to goal. Norton-Cuffy looks good.

SBAndy

Having wide players higher up the pitch is making a big difference to our build up play. Burnley are pretty stretched because of it and Hamer and Sheaf have the quality to hold the midfield in a 2

That’s where the bloody wing backs should be half the time!!

steve101

Tactically won that half. Unfortunately, Burnley will surely make some tactical changes second half. Despite it being a different formation, I have impressed at how well we are keeping our shape and discipline. Also shout out to Dabo (after being written off by some), who has done well at right back.

kg82

Really good half that was, and we got more confident as it went on. I’m still not expecting anything, Burnley have to improve second half. But, if we carry on like that, we’ve got half a chance.

Finham

Whether by design or emergency, our surprise "two banks of four, jumpers for goalposts" formation has worked really well. Only concern is if we use it long term that Norton-Cuffy was probably meant to be playing WB as part of his loan conditions, but if you ask Rotherham fans they would tell you this would suit him better.

Users who are viewing this thread