Match Thread ⚽️ Blackburn Rovers vs Coventry City Match Thread - Wednesday 19th Apr (4 Viewers)

CJ_covblaze

Will take a point considering how we played. Still can’t believe what I just saw 😂😂😂

Hertsccfc

Blaming BNC for the goal is laughable, unless you expect the wing backs to stay in their own half the whole time and not attack.

There's 3 or 4 players more at fault for the goal than BNC
He was about as much to blame for the goal as JWE was for the Sunderland goal. And Oggy expressly said he wasn't responsible contrary to what someone said earlier.

ps1948

Wilson punched it in the net
Took 25 minutes after your "we'll never score" comment to finally come back, and then it's a totally accurate comment, but failing to acknowledge that it was given as a goal, we got a draw which keeps us well in the mix, and gives you another opportunity to moan about (no-one else but) JWE and BNC.
I await the usual smart-arse response from you

Paul Anthony

Think that's a given. What a season Ben has had.
Should be a bumper crowd Saturday cheering the mighty Sky Blues on. Can't wait.

I have to admit, I got it very wrong about Wilson. I was one of those who was adamant at the start of the season that Moore should be our established number one, well he's more than proven me wrong and long may it continue.

Sky Blue Harry H

I have to say that Diaz did us a favour by being caught unnecessarily offside so much, when he was in potentially dangerous positions.

Brighton Sky Blue

I have to say that Diaz did us a favour by being caught unnecessarily offside so much, when he was in potentially dangerous positions.

Hardly noticed him all game. Their midfield however were undoubtedly what gave them the edge first half, more energetic and more accurate on the ball. Then they got drawn in to the time wasting nonsense second half.

skyblu3sk

Tonight I had a rare blip couldn't see a goal being scored for all the chances we had. I'm still not sure we will make the play offs but I will be incredibly thankful if we do. Life would be simple without people 🤣

ccfc1234

Hardly noticed him all game. Their midfield however were undoubtedly what gave them the edge first half, more energetic and more accurate on the ball. Then they got drawn in to the time wasting nonsense second half.
Don't mean to be a killjoy but has a keeper ever scored a winner? Surely if the game was a draw there is no way a keeper would be up for corners!

SeaSeeEffCee

Don't mean to be a killjoy but has a keeper ever scored a winner? Surely if the game was a draw there is no way a keeper would be up for corners!
Depends on the situation. If it’s 1-1 and Team A need to win and a loss and a draw have the same outcome then the keeper would be going up.

Wasn’t the Alisson goal vs West Brom a few years a winner? I might be misremembering that but I feel like it won them the game 2-1.

The Philosopher

Independent has done a piece on Ben and goes on about other scoring keepers.

ps1948

Interesting read through all of the comments on here. No-one really mentions anything that Wilson had to do defensively, which tends to suggest that he didn't. McNally too escaped the vitriol of just about everyone.
A great point for us on a night that Norwich could only draw at QPR, Preston lost again, at Swansea, Luton only drew at Reading, Watford lost at home to Cardiff, and the day after Sunderland could only draw at home to Huddersfield and Millwall lost at home to Blues. West Brom did win, but they drew at home to QPR the other week and also lost at Rotherham this month.
It's almost like no-one wants to actually get into the play-offs, but to be in with a chance 3 games from the end of the season, especially with the injuries we've had to so many key players, is just a tremendous achievement.
I look forward to the inevitable over-inflation of the Sky Blue balloon of expectation as the weekend approaches, and just hope that Reading don't come along and pop it.
PUSB

Ashdown

Fucksake, just watched the game now on record. Good first half , competitive. Awful second from both teams , Wilson the hero again…… has to do it all.
Sheaf was a bad loss to us.
BNC was poor, Kelly is now a liability, Godden very quiet.
Hamer has multiple Duracell batteries and has learnt not to kick people at least.
it’s still all to play for ….see you Saturday 🙏🍻🏆🏆

usskyblue

Good first half

Kelly is now a liability

confused-no.gif

Grendel

Took 25 minutes after your "we'll never score" comment to finally come back, and then it's a totally accurate comment, but failing to acknowledge that it was given as a goal, we got a draw which keeps us well in the mix, and gives you another opportunity to moan about (no-one else but) JWE and BNC.
I await the usual smart-arse response from you

The biggest insult to your post is the fact that simpleton @The Philosopher gave it a like

Users who are viewing this thread