Youth Cup v Crewe (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

2-0 up at half-time, Sambou with both.

The kid knows where the goal is, doesn't he?

D

Deleted member 4439

Fancied going tonight but having done work today and the cold on sat, couldn't get myself up for it. Would be interesting to see more of Sambou in the first team, when the opportunity presents itself. From what I saw at Barnsley (was it?) think he'll need quite some development yet, but a good prospect it seems.

Sick Boy

Our academy is something we can truly be proud of.

Got to agree with this, the number of decent and quality players we have produced over recent years is impressive. It would be pretty special if we could emulate Crewe's previous reputation for producing talented youngsters. It'd surely make us more attractive to the top clubs when looking to loan out players.

SkyBlue_Bear83

After years of producing full backs, defenders and defensive midfielders looks like we're finally producing some decent attacking players.
Wilson and Maddison over the last few years with exciting players like G Thomas and Sambou still to come through.

chiefdave

The downside of going out of all the cups early is we can't really give Sambou any first team minutes.

Johnnythespider

I dream of an academy frontline of Sturridge & Wilson playing together for England, wonder what odds I could get on that ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread