Your pet (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
As it's my dog's 5th birthday tomorrow, I thought it would be nice to see everyone's pet picture on here. It doesn't have to be a dog. It can be a cat, rat, guinea pig, snake, horse or slug.
Many years ago I had a horse, well, a Welsh Mountain pony. I took him out for regular hacks, mainly at week-ends. The only picture I have of him is below.
My current pet is my dog. He's a long-haired Chihuahua which I guess a lot of you will call a snappy, yappy, little ankle biter. Believe me, he's none of those! He is the most fabulous, loving and intelligent dog you could wish to meet. Anyway, here's a few pics. (1st one is me with my horse, Storm)…...
Me with my Welsh Mountain Pony.jpg
And now my Chihuahua, Harvey.....
20191014_133041.jpg
IMG_1377.jpg
IMG_2801.JPG

LastGarrison

My little rascal! Turned two in September and we got her in the November so had her literally just over two years.

Love her more than the majority of my friends and family.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My little rascal! Turned two in September and we got her in the November so had her literally just over two years.

Love her more than the majority of my friends and family.
Same here LG. I would lay down my life for my dog. Family? Meh. Maybe one or two!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I don't have a pet, but here's a cute and very friendly neighbourhood cat that visited me a few times.
Came into my house once, explored all the rooms, and then left.
View attachment 13536

We've got loads of cats down my street and most are very friendly and love a bit of fuss . Can be a bit annoying when they're yowling at each other in the garden in the early hours. I have to make sure the doors shut or they will wander in.

Quite a few years ago a neighbour was looking after the house while we were on holiday and when we got back I went in the bathroom and it smelt horrible. In the bath were a few piles of cat shit. Then I noticed a lump behind the blind, had a quick look round the edge and these wide eyes of the little cat from two doors down staring at me petrified. Quickly grabbed a saucer and put some milk in one and water in another and the poor thing shot out from behind the blind and was lapping the milk up like it was possessed. Went round my neighbours but they weren't in, so went round a couple of other houses we knew had cats to ask if we could borrow a tin of cat food to feed it. They said that the family had been round 3 or 4 days before asking if anyone had seen the cat as it hadn't been home. When they did get home and we told them they were nearly in tears that he'd been found and their kids were absolutely ecstatic, as was the cat when it saw them. It was fine and lived over a decade longer and was always friendly (although never came near the door!)

As for pets, I've got bird feeders and stuff in the garden and I much prefer watching the wildlife coming and going. Lovely when the youngsters start turning up in the summer from the nests being fed by the parents. And the cats don't really seem to be affecting them much.

tommydazzle

That would have been a good photo even without the dog.
Just the cobblestones and leaves.
You'd probably have to remove the cigarette butts though, they would spoil the effect.
Yes and I think the poor dumb animal on the end of the lead would have been better photographed without his foot showing.

richnrg

not really into pets - but I LOVE animals. Here's one I took a shine to at the weekend:
1427830827-54fa5a146102d-italian-herb-roasted-chicken-400.jpg

Mcbean

DA654224-4375-4A83-BFE7-5B3E4E86FC12.jpeg He runs the house - still does a 40
Min walk every day - will eat everything except cucumber - steals socks when you are putting them on and takes up most of the telly watching sofa and that would be so bad but he doesn’t watch football

Users who are viewing this thread