Your help required. Coventry or Northampton? (1 Viewer)

albion83

Hi guys a few of us Brighton fans are building a new web site called "FootballCities" due to be available in September.

It is about Cities and their football clubs and gives info, suggestions, photos etc.. for fans who wish to travel to away matches.

The problem we have with Coventry City is that the club belongs to Coventry but matches are currently being played in Northampton.

We have prepared our text etc. for the City of Coventry and history of Coventry City.

We are not sure which way to go with regard to providing information for away fans. Should we write about Coventry city facilities or Northampton's'?
Should we give information about Sixfields or ignore writing about your current stadium.

We are aware your battles re Ricoh etc. are locally political so would like to know your views as to how we should tackle these issues.

The new site will also be raising monies for charity and would be pleased to hear your nominations as to which National charity you would like helped.
These nominations can be forwarded to [email protected]

Good luck for the coming season. Your club is needed back in the Championship.

Sincerely hope this Thread is not abusing your Forum.

Monners

I would have thought the answer was obvious. The clue is in the name; the club is still called Coventry City. If you want info on Northampton Town's ground then go to their forum or club website. You may be better off going to the Sky Blue Trust site and asking someone there I suspect - this could easily be viewed by forum members at a piss take - how can I put this? -All Cov fans are a little touchy at the moment!

Grendel

how about putting directions for away fans as 'don't go, give the money to our national charity of choice' NOPM
They'd have to do that for MK Dons as well.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Hi albion83. Apologies on behalf of others who are a wee bit ignorant on here. I've read all your previous post (since September, and I would certainly not find you abusive, indeed your post dated 11th Oct last year, goes to show this, with the amount of "likes" you received (27) (http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/37890-Support-from-a-BHAFC-fan?p=565220#post565220)
As you asked, which ground should you use for us on your site? Awkward one this. There's no real answer. Northampton is the one where we actually play the game as a "home" team, but the majority of our fans still regard the Ricoh as our "home" ground. Personally, I wish we'd never left Highfield Road.
So, that's it in a nutshell really. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but that's the reality of it all at the moment. Football, these days is all about money and our club has suffered at the hands of greed.

Kingokings204

We are getting asked by an innocent genuine fan if Coventry city should be portrayed in Northampton or Coventry.

And people wonder why we have all lost interest and it's all doom and gloom

To answer the OP, use Coventry please. It's where I was born it's where I live and it's where I will die. Shame about the football club. But yes use the Ricoh as it's just looks better. Thanks

wingy

Yes would appreciate If you promote our home City facilities ,you could then publicise a link to the Northampton Town website for Directions .

stupot07

Did you consider yourself Brighton or Gillingham?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

albion83

Did you consider yourself Brighton or Gillingham?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

You have hit the nail on the head. I can assure you our position was a lot worse than yours at the time. Us season ticket holders had a 140 mile round trip to watch home matches.
We did it to keep the club alive. Not to have done would have killed the club.
I wasn't asking anyone whether they are Coventry City or Northampton Town supporters, as I know the answer. We played in Gillingham but were Brighton supporters.
The point for us was that we needed away fans to visit Gillingham to boost the coffers but didn't want them spending their money in Gillingham town.

I am genuinely trying not to offend you fans as I have great respect for fans like us who have or are currently suffering. (remember we played in the S******e called Withdean for over 10 years when we got back to Brighton as I am sure some of you know who went there.)

I think we will concentrate all on Coventry and give basic info re Sixfields. Anyway, would appreciate charity nominations, we really are decent football fans.

Samo

Hi guys a few of us Brighton fans are building a new web site called "FootballCities" due to be available in September.

It is about Cities and their football clubs and gives info, suggestions, photos etc.. for fans who wish to travel to away matches.

The problem we have with Coventry City is that the club belongs to Coventry but matches are currently being played in Northampton.

We have prepared our text etc. for the City of Coventry and history of Coventry City.

We are not sure which way to go with regard to providing information for away fans. Should we write about Coventry city facilities or Northampton's'?
Should we give information about Sixfields or ignore writing about your current stadium.

We are aware your battles re Ricoh etc. are locally political so would like to know your views as to how we should tackle these issues.

The new site will also be raising monies for charity and would be pleased to hear your nominations as to which National charity you would like helped.
These nominations can be forwarded to [email protected]

Good luck for the coming season. Your club is needed back in the Championship.

Sincerely hope this Thread is not abusing your Forum.

Are you taking the hug & kiss?

You have hit the nail on the head. I can assure you our position was a lot worse than yours at the time. Us season ticket holders had a 140 mile round trip to watch home matches.
We did it to keep the club alive. Not to have done would have killed the club.
I wasn't asking anyone whether they are Coventry City or Northampton Town supporters, as I know the answer. We played in Gillingham but were Brighton supporters.
The point for us was that we needed away fans to visit Gillingham to boost the coffers but didn't want them spending their money in Gillingham town.

I am genuinely trying not to offend you fans as I have great respect for fans like us who have or are currently suffering. (remember we played in the S******e called Withdean for over 10 years when we got back to Brighton as I am sure some of you know who went there.)

I think we will concentrate all on Coventry and give basic info re Sixfields. Anyway, would appreciate charity nominations, we really are decent football fans.
You sound very genuine so fair play,if u want a charity the grace research fund is a good call !!! #PUSB !!!

TheRoyalScam

If you want a bullshit answer ask Tim Fisher.

Or Mark Labovitch.

Neither of them can communicate using the English language though.

mark82

We are getting asked by an innocent genuine fan if Coventry city should be portrayed in Northampton or Coventry.

And people wonder why we have all lost interest and it's all doom and gloom

To answer the OP, use Coventry please. It's where I was born it's where I live and it's where I will die. Shame about the football club. But yes use the Ricoh as it's just looks better. Thanks

Do this but provide a short explanation of our situation and link to the Northampton Town page.

Brighton Sky Blue

Thanks for this. Charity nomination noted.
Again, good luck to you all for your future battles.

Lived in Brighton for a year and all the Albion fans I came across only had encouragement to offer and the health of the club is proof of how things can improve from a bleak position. Do your fans still have that charity match with Palace at the end of the season?

dadgad

Familiar with the Brighton story as was involved with the development/planning of Falmer site.
The luck and difference with Brighton was that ultimately control was wrested from unscrupulous owners by fans with local ties. The Community dimension to this in BHFC's recovery cannot be underestimated.
Currently there is no such dimension to the CcFc board, sadly.

Boycott us please.

Sky Blue Fans would like the whole football family to boycott Coventry City home games at Northampton. No tickets, no programmes, no merchandise, thus hopefully bankrupting SISU/Otium. Last weeks high court judgement says it all. SISU attempting to distress stadium owners for their own financial gain.

Grendel

Sky Blue Fans would like the whole football family to boycott Coventry City home games at Northampton. No tickets, no programmes, no merchandise, thus hopefully bankrupting SISU/Otium. Last weeks high court judgement says it all. SISU attempting to distress stadium owners for their own financial gain.

Fuck off

skybluetom

Put Northampton's details; it's where we play at the minute like it or not and that ain't the fault of away fans just looking for a postcode for their sat navs or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread