Your average centre back (1 Viewer)

BigCsCheesyGrin

Didnt go today and had a chuckle at Ians call about the goal definately not being deflected e.t.c and the subsequent tweets but found Linnells comments about cranie and keogh not being centre backs bizarre. Having seen both playing in alternative positions i think they have excelled at centre back. They are far from your typical 'big guy limited skill' centre backs aka Wood, Mcpake and just thought his opinions way off the mark. Undoubtedly 2 of our best players. Comments please ?

PVA

Haven't seen his comments but Linnell is absolutely clueless about football so it does not surprise me.

Brighton Sky Blue

Deflected or not, Murphy was a muppet for watching it go in. Keogh battled and handled Roberts well; but on the whole it was a half-arsed display from the others.

Big Cyrille

Thought the defence did okay, We only had two midfielders and one forward though and we might as well of put me in goal!!

Paxman II

it's all a matter of opinion AND results! We are bottom and keep leaking goals at the back with poor judgement. That's an undeniable fact. i watched Elliott Ward play well for Norwich on MOTD and seem to recall most here had a dislike for him when I was trumping his cause? Like I said....matter of opinion and results for your proof.

CovLis86

I think our CBs are of a good standard, but end of the day, week in week out, it seems that someone is left unmakred to score the winner against us. Its always down to a lack of concentration. If they kept it for 100% of the game time, at least we would have a chance of drawing 0-0 every week.

harvey098

Norwich played that second half with a centre back partneship of Elliot Ward + Leon Barnett. These are two players that were deemed not good enough for us. Makes you wonder, doesn't it.

WillieStanley

Always like Ward even if he had the tendancy to have an off day. Barnett sealed his fate with all those needless red cards, there would have been outrage if we'd have offered him a perminent deal.

All in all, I think the CB partnership of Keogh and Cranie is a lot better than Ward and Barnett. Oosh!!:pimp:

Gray

does annoy me when he plays wood at left back and cranie centre half when craine is a much better option at left back and wood a much better option at centre half

WillieStanley

I think our CBs are of a good standard, but end of the day, week in week out, it seems that someone is left unmakred to score the winner against us. Its always down to a lack of concentration. If they kept it for 100% of the game time, at least we would have a chance of drawing 0-0 every week.

I don't think it's lack of concentration... ok maybe a little. I think its more a case of a lack of communication and leadership. No one is talking. No-one is shouting to watch the runners or whatever.

Hermann was communicating well on the one occasion I saw him. None of the lads help eachother out, and that is the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread