Your analysis of the team so far. (1 Viewer)

woody11462

Alright, just a bit of fun and away from the off field troubles. This is referring to on field performances ONLY. Nominate a player or give a score out of ten in each subject for player/manager performances so far this season:

Player of the season
Suprise player of the season
Disappointing player of the season
Goal of the season
Youth team player your most looking forward to seeing develop (Not Christie/Thomas/Wilson/etc, the fringe players like Phillips and Haynes)
Overall team performance (out of 10)
Managers performance (out of 10)
Predicted league position

covcity4life

Player of the season FLECK
Suprise player of the season J CLARKE
Disappointing player of the season MANSET(for not getting fit)
Goal of the season MOUSSA VS LO
Youth team player your most looking forward to seeing develop PHILLIPS OR LOBJOIT
Overall team performance (out of 10) 8
Managers performance (out of 10) 9
Predicted league position 5TH

shy_tall_knight

Based on 3 away games, 15 mins on the hill plus the blades live game

Player of the season Christie

Suprise player of the season Callum Wilson followed by Jordan Clarke
Disappointing player of the season Blair adams - don't think he can defend
Goal of the season Moussa - Port Vale
Youth team player your most looking forward to seeing develop (Not Christie/Thomas/Wilson/etc, the fringe players like Phillips and Haynes) Phillips
Predicted league position 4th

kg82

Player of the season - Fleck
Suprise player of the season -Wilson
Disappointing player of the season - Adams
Goal of the season - going to split this in to 2. Individual goal - Moussa vs LO, team goal - Moussa vs Carlisle
Youth team player your most looking forward to seeing develop (Not Christie/Thomas/Wilson/etc, the fringe players like Phillips and Haynes) - Lobjoit
Overall team performance (out of 10) - 8
Managers performance (out of 10) - 9
Predicted league position - 8th

Warwickhunt

Player of the season Wilson
Suprise player of the season Wilson
Disappointing player of the season Barton
Goal of the season Moussa V Leighton Orient
Youth team player your most looking forward to seeing develop Aaron Philips
Overall team performance (out of 10) 10
Managers performance (out of 10)10
Predicted league position 5th 2nd with 10points given back to us

ccfcway

How Adams can dissappoint anyone over Barton is beyond me

Barton was touted as a £5 million pound player wanted by Liverpool once

shy_tall_knight

Barton is not a regular, adams is and I am concerned that for all his ability going forward he is weak as a defender, Wimbledon winger tore him a new one even though he had little supprt from the Mouse, whereas what I have seen of Phillips he is a cracking defender.

torchomatic

Player of the season - John Fleck
Suprise player of the season -Callum Wilson
Disappointing player of the season - Webster. Looks a little dodgy considering his experience
Goal of the season - Moussa against Leyton O
Youth team player your most looking forward to seeing develop - Lobjoit
Overall team performance (out of 10) - 9
Predicted league position - 5th

RoboCCFC90

Suprise player of the season - Jordan Clarke
Disappointing player of the season - Barton
Goal of the season - Moussa vs Port Vale
Youth team player your most looking forward to seeing develop (Not Christie/Thomas/Wilson/etc, the fringe players like Phillips and Haynes) - Phillips
Overall team performance (out of 10) - 8
Managers performance (out of 10) - 10
Predicted league position - 4th

SkyBlueScottie

Player of the season Fleck / L Clarke
Disappointing player of the season Manset
Goal of the season Moussa (chip v Leyton Orient)
Youth team player your most looking forward to seeing develop (Not Christie/Thomas/Wilson/etc, the fringe players like Phillips and Haynes) Daniels
Managers performance (out of 10) 8
Predicted league position 3rd

For anybody who is disappointed in Adams only needs to remember how poor we were after we lost him to injury last year. Basing his season on a dodgy 60 minutes against a pacy Wimbledon winger (who Adams got better against as the game went on) is effing ludicrous.

Covstu

Player of the season - Callum Wilson without a doubt
Suprise player of the season -Conor Thomas (didn't really rate him given the hype but has vastly improved)
Disappointing player of the season - cannot say I am 'disappointed' with anyone really, Barton and Webster are 'okay' players
Goal of the season - Moussa!!!
Youth team player your most looking forward to seeing develop - Lobjoit or Phillips
Overall team performance (out of 10) - 9.23
Managers performance (out of 10) - 9.89
Predicted league position - 4th

Injuries and squad depth will be the key here, the way we play will result in us conceding goals which is inevitable so hopefully we can add some more young promise in January.

fernandopartridge

Barton is not a regular, adams is and I am concerned that for all his ability going forward he is weak as a defender, Wimbledon winger tore him a new one even though he had little supprt from the Mouse, whereas what I have seen of Phillips he is a cracking defender.

It was more to do with the lack of support rather than Adams being a poor defender I think.

kg82

Player of the season Fleck / L Clarke
Disappointing player of the season Manset
Goal of the season Moussa (chip v Leyton Orient)
Youth team player your most looking forward to seeing develop (Not Christie/Thomas/Wilson/etc, the fringe players like Phillips and Haynes) Daniels
Managers performance (out of 10) 8
Predicted league position 3rd

For anybody who is disappointed in Adams only needs to remember how poor we were after we lost him to injury last year. Basing his season on a dodgy 60 minutes against a pacy Wimbledon winger (who Adams got better against as the game went on) is effing ludicrous.

Not ridiculous. I rate Adams. But he's disappointed me a bit this year. That's more to do with how he played last year. Barton hasn't disappointed me because, even though I feel he has the potential to be a good player, he hasn't shown that yet and therefore I have nothing to be disappointed about.

RoboCCFC90

It's wrong to slate Blair since Cyrus' injury he has shown he can go forward really well and defend, more unsung rather than not been any good.

torchomatic

I've thought he's been good ever since we had him on loan. I was really pleased when he signed permanently. I think he's a cracking left back. He likes to get forward and he can cross the ball brilliantly. I love Blair!

It's wrong to slate Blair since Cyrus' injury he has shown he can go forward really well and defend, more unsung rather than not been any good.

RoboCCFC90

I've thought he's been good ever since we had him on loan. I was really pleased when he signed permanently. I think he's a cracking left back. He likes to get forward and he can cross the ball brilliantly. I love Blair!

Indeed! His set pieces have been better then Baker's this season with all due respect to Carl. There have been a few disappointments this season but I would say Barton is topping them followed by Manset and Lobjoit.

kg82

Indeed! His set pieces have been better then Baker's this season with all due respect to Carl. There have been a few disappointments this season but I would say Barton is topping them followed by Manset and Lobjoit.

Just to clear up, I haven't slated Adams and explained my reasons but to say Lobjoit has disappointed IS actually ridiculous! He's a kid with no senior starts - I'm not even sure how much he's played but it must only be minutes! With only talk of how good he can potentially be, his age and with others rightfully ahead if him in the pecking order, how can he be disappointing?

thaiskyblue

he was given a testing time against afc in the cup, but fair play kept at it, and in the end held is own.

RoboCCFC90

Just to clear up, I haven't slated Adams and explained my reasons but to say Lobjoit has disappointed IS actually ridiculous! He's a kid with no senior starts - I'm not even sure how much he's played but it must only be minutes! With only talk of how good he can potentially be, his age and with others rightfully ahead if him in the pecking order, how can he be disappointing?

I can explain why I mentioned Lobjoit, with young Leon I expected him to be on the verge of the first team this season, pushing our current central pair all the way, but it hasn't happened, in the last few match day squads Leon hasn't even been on the bench! Someone then said that Leon was heading out on loan to Bury I don't think this ever materialised, to be fair Leon is on my Facebook but I'd rather he keep his Facebook hush and knuckle down hard because he could be on the verge of the first team if he did. Potential is nothing without hard work.

shy_tall_knight

Blair impressed me last season, but thought he looked shaky at Port Vale and at points on Friday night reminded me of Greggy Downes, he was beaten with ease far too regularly. Again based on 3 away games and 2 tv viewings and he wasn't on the pitch v ShrewB

thaiskyblue

Suprise player of the season -Callum Wilson
Disappointing player of the season - Webster. Looks a little dodgy considering his experience
Goal of the season - Moussa against Leyton O
Youth team player your most looking forward to seeing develop - Lobjoit
Predicted league position - 5th
i think webster has made a big difference and has helped clarke blossom.

kg82

I can explain why I mentioned Lobjoit, with young Leon I expected him to be on the verge of the first team this season, pushing our current central pair all the way, but it hasn't happened, in the last few match day squads Leon hasn't even been on the bench! Someone then said that Leon was heading out on loan to Bury I don't think this ever materialised, to be fair Leon is on my Facebook but I'd rather he keep his Facebook hush and knuckle down hard because he could be on the verge of the first team if he did. Potential is nothing without hard work.

Those expectations are surely through talk on here though? He has potential, that's all it is at the moment. And putting pressure on our young players isn't the way forward in my opinion.

RoboCCFC90

Those expectations are surely through talk on here though? He has potential, that's all it is at the moment. And putting pressure on our young players isn't the way forward in my opinion.

No, It's not pressure I just hoped personally for a little bit more this season from Lobjoit.

TSB I did mean Young Leon as in Leon Lobjoit

torchomatic

yeah, I think you're right there. I had no time for JC before this season and he's really come into his own. Could be in the influence of Webster that has helped improve his game.

i think webster has made a big difference and has helped clarke blossom.

shy_tall_knight

Jordan's improvement could be maturity as well, concentrating on his career which he has a talent for and avoiding the twitter limelight like previous seasons.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Alright, just a bit of fun and away from the off field troubles. This is referring to on field performances ONLY. Nominate a player or give a score out of ten in each subject for player/manager performances so far this season:

Player of the season Fleck
Suprise player of the season Thomas
Disappointing player of the season Manset/Barton
Goal of the season Moussa vs Orient
Youth team player your most looking forward to seeing develop (Not Christie/Thomas/Wilson/etc, the fringe players like Phillips and Haynes) Willis
Overall team performance (out of 10) 10
Managers performance (out of 10) 10
Predicted league position 8th

stupot07

I think those criticising Adams have to remember he played behind a 5 man midfield last season in which both Jennings and Bailey were more defensively minded and covered sheffers and moussa. Without that protection moussa's leaving him exposed a lot, which is why teams are targeting that side of the pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

LJC_CCFC

Player of the season - Callum Wilson - When the lad gets the ball he just makes things happen.
Suprise player of the season - Jordan Clarke - Absolutely dire at right back, was often stuck between his attacking and defensive duties. Now he has been able to just defend, what a player he has become.
Disappointing player of the season - Manset - A fit Manset should destroy this division; touch, power, pace he has it all imo...when his fitness is at at 100% we need to utilise him.
Goal of the season - Moussa's lob - Couldn't recreate if you tried 10000000 times.
Youth team player your most looking forward to seeing develop (Not Christie/Thomas/Wilson/etc, the fringe players like Phillips and Haynes) - Aaron Phillips - Will definitely play at a higher level.
Predicted league position - Play-offs are a must after the start we've had.

shmmeee

Player of the season - Wilson: He's been what we've been missing from the academy since Sheffers first came through, an exciting attacking player and a goal scorer to boot.
Suprise player of the season - Clarke: Never thought he'd make it at CB, I couldn't have been more wrong.
Disappointing player of the season - Manset
Goal of the season - Moussa's chip
Youth team player your most looking forward to seeing develop (Not Christie/Thomas/Wilson/etc, the fringe players like Phillips and Haynes) - Lobjoit: Mostly cos he's got a vaguely funny name and he's good on FM, but also because I'd like to see more midfielders come through. Urquhart in second place, I'd like to see him at CB at some point.
Overall team performance (out of 10) - 8: We've slipped into old habits for parts of games here and there, but always come through. This is considering I'd have put us at a 5 for most of last season and about a 2 for the season before.
Managers performance (out of 10) - 8: Not convinced by his signing ability and still think he can be out thought by some. However on every other front (style, media, fan engagement, philosophy, results, man management) he's the best we've had in my lifetime.
Predicted league position - 5th if we hold on to players/sign in January, 10th if we lose key players and don't replace them (either through sales or injury)

skybluejelly

Player of the season ........leon Clarke ,,his strike rate since he has been with us is phenominal
Suprise player of the season...connor Thomas ..I thought he was deadful pre season but he has really matured
Disappointing player of the season..can only be manset
Goal of the season...carl baker against orient
Youth team player your most looking forward to seeing develop (Not Christie/Thomas/Wilson/etc, the fringe players like Phillips and Haynes) lobjoit (he is so good at the crossbar challenge)he is hopefully going to be a deadball demon.

Overall team performance (out of 10)9
Managers performance (out of 10)9
Predicted league position.. 5th

Hod dog

Player of the season Fleck
Suprise player of the season J Clarke
Disappointing player of the season Barton
Goal of the season Moussa v port Vale
Youth team player your most looking forward to seeing develop (Not Christie/Thomas/Wilson/etc, the fringe players like Phillips and Haynes) Phillips or Lobjoit
Predicted league position 6th

valeskyblue

Player of the season FLECK
Suprise player of the season WILSON
Disappointing player of the season MANSET
Goal of the season WILSON vs sheff utd
Youth team player your most looking forward to seeing develop (Not Christie/Thomas/Wilson/etc, the fringe players like Phillips and Haynes) GARNER
Overall team performance (out of 10) 9.5
Managers performance (out of 10) 10
Predicted league position 6th

Pusb! Good to have a thread about football for a change

Users who are viewing this thread