You won't win owt with kids (1 Viewer)

Manchester_sky_blue

I have to hold my hands up and say im not that clued up on our reserve/under 21/whatever you want to call it squad.

Just wondered if we could actually put out a full match day squad consisting only of academy graduates and what that might look like.

..............Burge.............
Phillips..........Willis............Dion KE...........Haynes

.............C Thomas......Finch.............Lawton

......................Maddison................

.............................G Thomas...........

Beyond that im struggling for names.

Astute

And your point is? Are you saying that we won't be signing any players so we will have to play with our younger players only?

If any of them are good enough they will play at times. Or if they are better than we expect like Wilson was they will be in the side on merit. Do you live in Manchester? How did Manure do with young players? If they are good enough they will play.

Manchester_sky_blue

And your point is? Are you saying that we won't be signing any players so we will have to play with our younger players only?

If any of them are good enough they will play at times. Or if they are better than we expect like Wilson was they will be in the side on merit. Do you live in Manchester? How did Manure do with young players? If they are good enough they will play.

Err no?? Calm down dear.

Purely curiosity as to whether we could field an entire squad of academy graduates thats all. The one positive (in my view) of the last few seasons is that we have had a few local lads pushing on to the first team.

Astute

Err no?? Calm down dear.

Purely curiosity as to whether we could field an entire squad of academy graduates thats all. The one positive (in my view) of the last few seasons is that we have had a few local lads pushing on to the first team.

Of course we can if you want us to get beat each week.

ajsccfc

I think the thread's just more a 'here's a team of Academy players' than anything more sinister.

KersleyDigs

Burge
Phillips
Willis
Harries
Haynes
Spence/Kelly-Evans
Lawton
C Thomas
Finch
G Thomas
Maddison

Would be your academy XI if you absolutely HAD to...

Irish Sky Blue

All time academy team during my time of watching
Sealey
Oakey Curtis Blockley Holmes
Smith D. Mortimer. Carr. Rees
Ferguson Thompson
No place for Danny Thomas. Not good enough in midfield and would never get in ahead of Graham Oakey in my team. I loved watching him play.David Smith would be lucky to get in but I was struggling for a right winger. Thought of putting Ndlovu there but not really home produced. Also struggled for a class left back hence Jimmy Holmes is there. No recent players have played in the top flight so didn't include any of these. Just looking, case could be made for Curtis not being home grown too. If I had to leave him out probably play Dugdale.

Hobo

All time academy team during my time of watching
Sealey
Oakey Curtis Blockley Holmes
Smith D. Mortimer. Carr. Rees
Ferguson Thompson
No place for Danny Thomas. Not good enough in midfield and would never get in ahead of Graham Oakey in my team. I loved watching him play.David Smith would be lucky to get in but I was struggling for a right winger. Thought of putting Ndlovu there but not really home produced. Also struggled for a class left back hence Jimmy Holmes is there. No recent players have played in the top flight so didn't include any of these. Just looking, case could be made for Curtis not being home grown too. If I had to leave him out probably play Dugdale.

wide right what about Steve Whitton? I'd put him ahead of Smith.

shmmeee

Burge
Phillips
Willis
Harries
Haynes
Spence/Kelly-Evans
Lawton
C Thomas
Finch
G Thomas
Maddison

Would be your academy XI if you absolutely HAD to...

Lawton, Thomas, Finch is a bit samey. Couldn't we play a Kelly Evans in there?

Users who are viewing this thread