You starting XI (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueJord

What would be your starting 11 on Sunday, following these few defeats and poor performances things needs to be shaken up.

---------------Murphy--------------
Christie--Webster--Seaborne--Adams
Petrasso--McGeouch--Fleck--Moussa
-------Delfouneso--Wilson-----------

Thomas has put in some dreadful performances recently, I'd like to see what McGeouch is capable of doing in the middle of the field with Fleck. Petrasso impressed on Saturday despite defeat, I'd like to see him play on the right, might offer more stability to Baker, he's given away some silly possession. If Delfouneso and Wilson are fit, I think they can become another solid partnership.

It's a very attacking side, shows how weak our defence is, need another solid CB as soon as. Willis and Clarke aren't fully capable replacements.

RoboCCFC90

Murphy (GK), Adams (LB), Willis (CB), Seaborne* (CB), Clarke (RB), Moussa (LM), Thomas** (CM), Fleck (CM), Petrasso (RM), Fonz (ST), Akpom (ST)

Subs: Burge, Christie, Webster, Baker, McGeouch, Marshall, Wilson

I posted this yesterday on another thread.

wingy

That side has no bite In midfield
Akpom up front, Wilson won're be fit enough for whole game IMO.

shmmeee

Are people that impressed with the Fonz? I'm not.

For me:

Murphy
Clarke Willis Seaborne Adams
Marshall Fleck Moussa Petrasso
Wilson Akpom

But even that doesn't feel right. Not sure Baker deserves to be dropped but I'd like a lot more dynamism in the middle and IMO Baker slows down attacks.

Edit: Just noticed it says for Saturday. Swap Wilson out for Fonz then.

Sterling Archer

That side has no bite In midfield
Akpom up front, Wilson won're be fit enough for whole game IMO.

Thomas isn't exactly "bite in midfield" himself either.

Agree about Wilson though, would seemingly be unfair to throw in as a starter.

Really want to see Marshall get a start.

shmmeee

Thomas isn't exactly "bite in midfield" himself either.

Agree about Wilson though, would seemingly be unfair to throw in as a starter.

Really want to see Marshall get a start.

Same here. We really lack some bite in the middle (how long have we been saying that).

Either that or we need a striker of a capability of Clarke so we don't have to worry about defending.

fernandopartridge

Barton in central midfield alongside Fleck. Played well in the last game we won. He is actually no worse a tackler than Thomas.

I'd go with

Murphy
Phillips
Webster
Clarke
Adams
Marshall
Fleck
Barton
Moussa
Akpom
Petrasso

Wilson on the bench

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's difficult

----------Murphy
Phillips--Clarke--Seabourne--Adams
Marshall--Thomas--Fleck---Moussa
--------------Petrasso
--------------Akpom

Some difficult choices in there, I think Webster and Christie should be dropped. We have several options to replace them at RB the candidates are Clarke, Phillps and Willis and at CB we have Clarke and Willis. So you could make a case for any combination of RB-CB from the above players. In midfield Petrasso and Marshall have both impressed in poor team performances by all accounts and and you can't drop Moussa but would Pressley drop the captain Baker? (Could swap Petrasso and Moussa also)
At striker start with Wilson if considered fit enough, otherwise go with Akpom

dongonzalos

...........................Murphy...............................

.............Willis..Webster..Seabourne.............

Christie.............................................Adams

...................Thomas....Fleck....................

............Baker.......................Moussa

...........................Wilson......................

60 minutes bring on Matshall, Petrasso for pace.

Sterling Archer

Same here. We really lack some bite in the middle (how long have we been saying that).

Either that or we need a striker of a capability of Clarke so we don't have to worry about defending.

The only thing that genuinely petrifies me about wanting some extra bite in Midfield is the memories of Michael Doyle and the infamous "everybody needs a Michael Doyle in their side." No. They don't.

I actually think Jennings may have been able to do that role and was a bit unfairly judged on a poor final third of last season.

I'm still unsure of Thomas in all honesty, although he has been earning better reports this season and has had good games in the ones I've gone but I've not gone to as many this season for obvious reasons.

johnwillomagic

Think defence needs a bit of a shake u....I would go with.

Murphy
Willis (RB)
J.Clarke (CB)
Webster (CB)
Adams (LB)
Fleck (CM)
Barton (CM)
Marshall (RM)
Moussa (LM)
Delfounso (CF)
Petrasso (CF)

subs: Burge, Seabourne, Christie, Baker, Thomas, Akpom, Wilson