You love to see it (1 Viewer)

robbiekeane

Just feeling so good about being a city fan right now!

- Great signings for the future (u23s)
- Really promising talent development
- When bigger teams come in for our players we seem to get really good deals
- Best style of football I’ve ever seen coventry play
- Serious harmony within the team....everyone seems to be playing for the shirt
- Dabo, O’Hare and Walsh
- Double promotion on the cards within 3 years
- About 12 Guinness on a Sunday

...you just love to see it!!!

rob9872

Funny thing is, looks like McCallum will be playing against us next season in the same league. So much for his premier league move.
I'm sure he knew that too and I'm also sure Norwich would suggest the Championship is the right place for him next season regardless of whether they're in it or not. It's continued development for him. The difference is whilst they woyld be looking to get promoted, we'd be looking to stay up. It's nonsense really and like comparing Norwich and Liverpool this season.

stevefloyd

Hey with the shortfall of money due to losing halfish of the fans it had to be made up from somewhere so selling one of your assets to survive/build for the future is good business and well done to the lad and the club

SkyBlueCRJ

Hey with the shortfall of money due to losing halfish of the fans it had to be made up from somewhere so selling one of your assets to survive/build for the future is good business and well done to the lad and the club

Obviously the money was specifically needed to plug the losses, but realistically I think we still would've sold even if we were at the Ricoh. Like you said it's excellent business as it provides us with an extra revenue stream for the seasons to come and gives us that extra security moving forward. Realistically most clubs in our division would've found it difficult rejecting such an offer as few are in the position to.

better days

Obviously the money was specifically needed to plug the losses, but realistically I think we still would've sold even if we were at the Ricoh. Like you said it's excellent business as it provides us with an extra revenue stream for the seasons to come and gives us that extra security moving forward. Realistically most clubs in our division would've found it difficult rejecting such an offer as few are in the position to.
Just as Norwich will do in their turn if the lad is a success

Liquid Gold

Norwich will probably lose Cantwell as all players that are successful move on to more lucrative contracts elsewhere. Just because we may well be in the same division doesn't make it a sideways move at all. To suggest it is shows a complete lack of understanding of modern football.

lifeskyblue

Norwich will probably lose Cantwell as all players that are successful move on to more lucrative contracts elsewhere. Just because we may well be in the same division doesn't make it a sideways move at all. To suggest it is shows a complete lack of understanding of modern football.

Agree totally. This is a step forward for McCallum. depending on who they retain/lose I could see him being loaned (like maddison was) to a Scottish premier club (possibly Aberdeen or hibs) to give him good experience if he is not first choice at Norwich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magwitch

I'm sure he knew that too and I'm also sure Norwich would suggest the Championship is the right place for him next season regardless of whether they're in it or not. It's continued development for him. The difference is whilst they woyld be looking to get promoted, we'd be looking to stay up. It's nonsense really and like comparing Norwich and Liverpool this season.
Think we will do better in the championship than some on here expect. As for young McCallum fair play to him he was on the move anyway so good luck to him. Don’t know the long term situation re Giles but wouldn’t be surprised with another loan deal next season.

Specs WT-R75

Funny thing is, looks like McCallum will be playing against us next season in the same league. So much for his premier league move.

Lets live in the future not the past... maybe next year we can command much more money for the next player that we are forced into selling.

Brylowes

Norwich were pretty much nailed on for relegation when he signed for them,
He will be playing for one of the firm promotion favourites ‘and obviously for
more money.
They have already sold 21000 season tickets for next season, so all and all
this has to be seen as an upward move for him.

Paxman II

I'm not suggesting it was not a good move for us financially at all. I'm also not suggesting its not a good move for him. Wind your necks in!
I simply said it was a funny old thing becuase he is likely to be playing in the same league as us next season.
By the way those that suggest Norwich are nailed on favourites for promotion have a lot to learn about football.

SlowerThanPlatt

I'm not suggesting it was not a good move for us financially at all. I'm also not suggesting its not a good move for him. Wind your necks in!
I simply said it was a funny old thing becuase he is likely to be playing in the same league as us next season.
By the way those that suggest Norwich are nailed on favourites for promotion have a lot to learn about football.

Why is it funny? It’s hardly breaking news that we might go up and Norwich are likely to be relegated

clint van damme

They may loan him out. Like they did with Maddison. But if he does play against us I really hope he gets a good reputation the lad deserves it. Top kid.

it's a proven path to bigger and better things, will only enhance both clubs reputations for developing talent if Sam does well.

Brylowes

By the way ‘Who has suggested Norwich are nailed on promotion favourites.

Users who are viewing this thread