You know what... (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

... I think Pressley was a good appointment, I was speaking to some lads at school about the appointment, and they were disappointed, but actually, I was quite happy, and assuming the 5 names in the running were; Dickov, Brown, Curle, Black and Pressley, he's probably the best choice. Brown, is a joke, been ok at 1 team, Dickov and Curle, both hoofballers, as well as 2 L1 rejects from teams below us, and Black, he was my choice, but, he was here nearly 10 years ago and there's no guarantee he wouldn't have done a Thorn (I believe Thorn would be drawn as an 'Eric Black' had he not been appointed full time) and he has no management experience since, whereas Pressley, has done quite well at Falkirk, as they've been cost cutting to a larger scale than us and he's a young manager who I think could do well, here's why:

- Youth policy: Pressley appears to be committed to a youth policy and it appears we have some talent coming through, which MR neglected somewhat, and if Pressley can get some of these lads playing, we need not make signings in those areas. I think he may be able to do it. Hopefully Thomas starts.
- Formation and tactics: he seems to be forward thinking as shown in his open letter to the SFA, and I was impressed with that, he doesn't tend to play 4-4-2, favouring a 4-3-3/4-5-1 and 4-2-3-1 (by the looks of it).
- Selection: will be different, players like Fleck, Thomas will start (possibly others?) and I think it could be good for CCFC.
- he's Scottish and angry, he's going o be half-decent minimum ;)

It's only opinion of course, I could be terribly wrong, but oh well.

Steven Pressley's Sky Blue Army!

hill83

The key here is Scottish and angry.
My scottish grandmother could run a football team on that alone.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think the important thing is he is who we have so we need to get behind him and to give him a decent chance. I think it will take a season or so for him to prove his worth especially with all the off field problems in terms of lack of funds, embargos etc affecting his ability to change things. I like the idea that he might focus on the youngsters...... assuming they are good enough.

Otis

If it was indeed out of Dickov, Brown, Curle, Black and Pressley, then Pressley had to be the right choice by a country mile didn't he?

Didn't Eric Black actually say he hadn't applied for the job but would be interested if the club approached him?

Don't think that is the right way to get people enthusiastic about your desire to be manager.

If he wanted the job he should have applied.

GusG

Can see Fleck being used a lot, as he was highly rated in scotland before he came here!

Otis

Don't think anyone questions his ability, it's just his desire and mental attitude.

CovMatt1987

if he can get that desire and passion out of Fleck - he could be worth it on that alone.

Fleck could be a huge player for us if we could really get him invested in the team. I am not suggesting Pressley will be able to just because he is Scottish! Im just hopeful he will install some fight and passion back into him.

if this guy seemed genuinely bothered, he would be the guy for us to build a team around. I am hopeful that Pressley will bring some real fight and bottle to this team. we know that we have the quality to beat any team on our day - however the lost points from winning positions show we just need a bit of Physical and mental strength at times and I hope this is where SP comes in.

Johnnythespider

I once played in a pub team that was managed by an angry scotsman, one sunday morning we were losing 4--0 at half time, all he could do as this happened was shout abuse and F & blind at us from the sideline, come half time he told us we were shit and fucked off, by the end of the game the score was 4-4, we don't need no angry scotsman IMO
The key here is Scottish and angry.
My scottish grandmother could run a football team on that alone.

Users who are viewing this thread