You have to admire Robins and the team (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Despite all the off field shambles, Robins and team have not looked one bit distracted from the jobs they are meant to do as footballers. If anything they look stronger than ever and take my hat off to them at this current time. :pimp:

ricohman

Although some fans have been moaning about the attendances i think our gates are prob the highest in the division, but i Might be wrong

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Considering the unrest we had last season and the fact it unsettled the squad (clearly) makes you wonder why it wasnt handled this way by previous regimes (well it doesn't take a genius to work out why that was **cough** pally pally Andy Thorn **cough**).

Credit to Robins!

dongonzalos

Considering the unrest we had last season and the fact it unsettled the squad (clearly) makes you wonder why it wasnt handled this way by previous regimes (well it doesn't take a genius to work out why that was **cough** pally pally Andy Thorn **cough**).

Credit to Robins!

I won't comment on this, as I am often accused of not letting it go......there certainly has been unsettlement this season.
Shows what having a bit of consistently can do.
Hopefully we get it off the field now.

Brighton Sky Blue

Robins definitely is good at saying the right things-giving praise where it's due but also rightly stating that we're still only in mid-table and there's a lot of work to be done for us to have a successful season. Especially pleasing to see this attitude filter down to the players and when they speak they're more or less echoing the same sentiments; this was an appointment the club couldn't afford to get wrong and it looks to have been judged just right.

Godiva

Despite all the off field shambles, Robins and team have not looked one bit distracted from the jobs they are meant to do as footballers. If anything they look stronger than ever and take my hat off to them at this current time. :pimp:

That is most likely because the issues are kept away from the players.

Get a SOC rel. 2.0 up and running with protest at the stadium, national television coverage, banners and SOC chanting in the stands ... then the players will quickly lose concentration and team results will suffer.

Just like last season.

cloughie

Get a SOC rel. 2.0 up and running with protest at the stadium, national television coverage, banners and SOC chanting in the stands ... then the players will quickly lose concentration and team results will suffer.

Just like last season.

And have we seen anything like that when it could have happened due to the recent dispute

Only you would bring this up yawn yawn yawn

Delboycov

Just like last season.

It had nothing to do with that and if you had a balanced opinion and took your shitsu tinted glasses off for a minute you'd realise our failures last season were more to do with having a wafer thin squad decimated by sales and injuries and having a clueless manager in charge....any excuse to spout the SISU party line with you though.

Delboycov

And as Cloughie says we've had national media coverage over the last couple of months focusing on the possibilty of us being wound up...far worse than what happened last season. That's co-incided with the most exciting run we've had in years....or are you suggesting that the players haven't seen any of this negative publicity?

Last edited:

dongonzalos

It had nothing to do with that and if you had a balanced opinion and took your shitsu tinted glasses off for a minute you'd realise our failures last season were more to do with having a wafer thin squad decimated by sales and injuries and having a clueless manager in charge....any excuse to spout the SISU party line with you though.

If a reply is that me not letting it go again.
Kinda feels like this letting it go thing is a one way street

dongonzalos

The post is chiefly a dig at SISU to be fair Don.

Yep with a dig at AT in there. Generally I only chirp up with my defence of him when that happens..
It just happened on another post as well.

Yet when I reply defending AT because it is not the general consensus I am told to let it go.

However digs about AT are fair game.

Grendel

Grendel

In an attempt to change the topic which players would you like gone in January and in which order and can u see it realistically happening

Gone:

McDonald (possible if cheap)
O'Donovan (not likely)
Bell (less likely)
Elliot (possible)
Hussey (probable)
Malaga (probable)
Brown (depends on loan arrangement)
Dunn (50/50)

dongonzalos

I like Bell but if he is on big wages and that can be used for others our midfield seems strong enough without him. Maybe a loan with a view to a move.

A bit controversial one as I really like him however if wood is our top earner then if I knew his wages could be used for DMC I would consider that with Cameron/Willis/Malaga stepping up to the plate. Or MR coming up with his own cheaper option.

I don't mind hussey I would like him to still be here as back up for Adams. Also u never know what can happen with recalls.

Happy for Elliot to go really don't feel he gave it his all. He clearly has ability.

Don't get it with Brown surely both cov and Utd can agree to terminate the loan if the player can't get playing time.

Controversial one here but if they can get a decent fee for Thomas and it meant getting Bailey sorted and starves off administration I would say take it.

ROD on loan to league two

McDonald off on loan due to the fact he came back fat, another Freddie In the making despite obvious ability.

Also Ball is not my type of player.

I know Reckford has gone, has Henderson gone back to Arsenal?

Delboycov

If a reply is that me not letting it go again.
Kinda feels like this letting it go thing is a one way street
Yep with a dig at AT in there. Generally I only chirp up with my defence of him when that happens..
It just happened on another post as well.

Yet when I reply defending AT because it is not the general consensus I am told to let it go.

However digs about AT are fair game.

The post was in response to Godiva suggesting that the crap season we had was due in no small part to the protests against the owners and the national media attention that this attracted. He also said that the difference this season is the issues are kept away from the players which is of course nonsense considering we're in the midst of our most negative off field media attention for years. Of course it was primarily a huge dig at SISU...didn't think that was too hard to spot! I personally didn't rate Thorn either though and rate him even less now we at last seem to have a manager who knows what he's doing. It's a little bit like spending years with the same woman thinking life was good and then meeting a sexy new model who shows you what you've been missing out on-not that I'm describing MR as a sexy new model though. My opinion is last season we had crap owners and a crap manager...now we just have crap owners. Just my opinion which I'm entitled to...I didn't think I'll slip a 'dig' in aimed at AT so I can annoy Don! Jeez...it's not all about you, you know! ;-)

Last edited:

dongonzalos

The post was in response to Godiva suggesting that the crap season we had was due in no small part to the protests against the owners and the national media attention that this attracted. He also said that the difference this season is the issues are kept away from the players which is of course nonsense considering we're in the midst of our most negative off field media attention for years. Of course it was primarily a huge dig at SISU...didn't think that was too hard to spot! I personally didn't rate Thorn either though and rate him even less now we at last seem to have a manager who knows what he's doing. It's a little bit like spending years with the same woman thinking life was good and then meeting a sexy new model who shows you what you've been missing out on-not that I'm describing MR as a sexy new model though. My opinion is last season we had crap owners and a crap manager...now we just have crap owners. Just my opinion which I'm entitled to...I didn't think I'll slip a 'dig' in aimed at AT so I can annoy Don! Jeez...it's not all about you, you know! ;-)

Ha ha I was suggesting your were.

I was accused of not letting it go regarding AT. I was just making the point when I defend him, if it usually after someone else has had a pop. On the rare occasion wil introduce the topic.

Users who are viewing this thread