York City v Coventry City (1 Viewer)

YCFC

Hello there,

Just a brief bit of info for Coventry supporters planning to come to Bootham Crescent for tomorrow night's JPT match.

First of all, you CAN pay on the gate tomorrow night. We have sent just over 800 tickets to Coventry City to sell in advance but if you don't have a ticket don't worry, you can pay on the turnstiles (£12 adults, £6 Under 16s and Over 65s, FREE for kids Under 5). The away end holds 1,600 (1,300 standing, 300 seats) and is a terrace behind the goal with seats on the side.

There will also be a match programme on sale ("The Citizen") priced at £3 for a 52-page edition, including quite a bit of stuff about the Sky Blues.

There is a bar at the ground ("Pitchside Bar") which usually lets away supporters in. There is a pub round the corner from the away end ("The Burton Stone") which is away-fan friendly and, if you want to wander down Bootham towards the City Centre, there are the Bootham Tavern, White Horse and Exhibition pubs. Plus lots of pubs in the centre itself well worth a visit.

There is a chip shop round the corner from the ground.

Parking is generally on street in the streets around the ground, it's usually no problem to find somewhere.

If you didn't come here in 1959 (!) you will find York to be a friendly, hospitable place and we look forward to welcoming you to Bootham Crescent for what is probably a much bigger game for us than it is for you, but hopefully entertaining nonetheless.

I will post a link to our match preview and programme info later.

Have a good trip.

Phil
York City.

1nilandwe...

Great place is York. Would recommend anybody that hasn't been to go. Fingers crossed for 90 minutes of decent performance!

scroobiustom

nice race track there, could be a good weekend for the boys - spend those bonuses on the track!

CovisGod

Thanks for that YCFC, interesting read.

I think we'll just about nick it tomorrow, I'm going 1-0

:)

YCFC

Score prediction for tomorrow night YCFC? :)

Ouch! Tough one. If we can avoid defeat over the 90 minutes then we will have done ourselves proud I think.

I know it's an understatement to say that you've had better sides in your famous colours but it's still Coventry City after all so you should be better than us and it would be a sad day if you weren't.

We will give you a good game but you should have the quality to win and Mark Robins, who knows all about the lower leagues, will have done his homework.

You never know though!

The Reverend Skyblue

What a nice man YCFC seems. i get the feeling that fans in League 1 and 2 are way more welcoming that the miserable gits in the Championship, this post being a good example, and we have had other simular posts from other teams.

We are one of the best supported teams in the JPT, and it could be a big pay day for York in this instance, so i hope the SBA have a good day/evening out.Never been to York but it looks and sounds fantastic from friends who have been.

One last question, do the regular away fans at Cov feel more welcome this season ?

The Rev

Last edited:

Johnnythespider

Was just going to post something similar Rev, i think in the money obsessed higher leagues it's easy to forget the smaller clubs lower down, so far they have restored my faith that football may just have a future. Who knows one day the premier league may just go tits up and clubs like this will get a higher profile, i hope so.
What a nice man YCFC seems. i get the feeling that fans in League 1 and 2 are way more welcoming that the miserable gits in the Championship, this post being a good example, but we have had other simular posts from other teams.

We are one of the best supported teams in the JPT, and it could be a big pay day for York in this instance, so i hope the SBA have a good day/evening out.Never been to York but it looks and sounds fantastic from friends who have been.

One last question, do the regular away fans at Cov feel more welcome this season ?

The Rev

fernandopartridge

Great place is York. Would recommend anybody that hasn't been to go. Fingers crossed for 90 minutes of decent performance!

It is a great place, the Shambles etc is a reminder of what Coventry could have been like to a certain extent, if it wasn't for a combination of the Luftwaffe and idiot planners.

nicksig

I live in York so can't wait to see City play tomorrow night. York are a decent side that played really well towards the back end of last season. They'll give us a good game - I think it will be tight. Hopefully 2-1 City. PUSB!

Astute

I am hoping this will not last as long as the previous tie. Win 9-8 on pens this time

blueflint

i spent 5 yrs at pocklington as bus driver did york runs daily loved the olace

CovMatt1987

few points to make here:

what a helpful friendly post that was! Not going personally but always nice to see such helpful opposition fans hosting the SBA on away days.

I really hope we take this game seriously and go for it. I really think this club and our fans could benefit by a trip to Wembley which, if you are my age or younger, you wont remember the last time we got there. Something needs to spark this club and a decent shot at Wembley could do just that.

Enjoyed the article above, seems some clubs at least see us as a kind of big club still (even though York are the ones who have apparently been to Wembley four times in four years! thats just greedy). Despite his name Mcsheffrey is about as scottish as Clinton Morrison is Irish. I think this one may go to penalties again you know.....

Sawyer

Please anyone coming please say hello to myself and gf who will be wearing home and away kit with "Maule 8" on back!

Thank you so much for this post, very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread