Yesterday (1 Viewer)

ccfcdr

drove all the way to gillingham to be told at 2.45 with my grandson the steward told me I had enough to drink I wasn’t getting in after ranting raving that I hadn’t even had a sniff never a pint the police cane over and told me F off your not getting in you don’t leave you will be nicked I’m 52 if younger would’ve ended up getting arrested as older so called wiser plus had grandson I left on leaving talking to lads walking to my car that yesterday this had happened to quite a few City fans yesterday this has happened once before at reading and there is nothing you can do as fans I’m driving home with tickets in my pocket feeling like guts stretched out more for my grandson
Anyone else get this yesterday off the little power hitler stewards ??

Magwitch

Why would a steward backed by the police stop an apparently sober middle aged bloke with a kid going through the turnstiles? Not saying it didn’t happen but what attracted this steward to you ?

ccfcdr

What are you in steward brigade ?? I tryed talking to him he didn’t wanna know called police over like I said it happened to a few people yesterday

Magwitch

What are you in steward brigade ?? I tryed talking to him he didn’t wanna know called police over like I said it happened to a few people yesterday
But what attracted him to want to talk to you ? I’ve been to loads of away matches and home for that matter and as far as I can remember I have yet to be spoken to by a steward.

ccfcdr

It’s all great saying breath test etc do you think a copper has anytime for a football fan before kick off he told me he said your not getting in you ain’t getting in mate F off now or get arrested ... my attraction to him was walking to the turnstiles end of ...... one lad chatted to had two pints he was told same and another had 4 or 5 pints he obviously found out his wife shagging behind his back as described same fella to me

Magwitch

Sorry pal don’t buy it unless you were unlucky and came across a ccfc hating Gillingham steward. I take it as you were to drive home you hadn’t had a drink at all let alone a few especially with your young grandson in tow, atleast I hope you didn’t.

ccfcdr

The post was did this happen to anyone else yesterday ? Not for you to call me a liar I’m sure this is happened to loads of people over the yrs (reading away myself) but you would rather think different because it’s not happened to you get in the real world of football mate

Magwitch

I haven’t called you a liar and accept for some reason your behaviour got you barred from entry, you say it wasn’t drink I accept that but what was it. I’ve been going to football for decades and it’s fan behaviour that attract the attention of authorities and yes there can be jobsworths but a jobsworth and a prick of a copper makes you a sober middle aged chap with a young grandson in tow very unlucky

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
A bit random, why would they refuse somebody no entry for being drunk if they hadn't had a drop?

Did you go to the ticket office or anything or just go home?

Gint11

Don’t buy this one bit. If you were barred from entry then there will be a reason why.

Magwitch

Answer my question, what attracted you to the steward ? Who spoke first ?
Sorry some people need to look at themselves.

Otis

Why would a steward backed by the police stop an apparently sober middle aged bloke with a kid going through the turnstiles? Not saying it didn’t happen but what attracted this steward to you ?
His animal magnetism?

ccfcdr

My doc marten boots skinhead braces bleached jeans and a.c.a.b tattoo on forehead dunno why he picked on me

Magwitch

This is one of the reasons I hate all seater modern stadiums with the old terrace ones if a knob head came and stood by you you could move elsewhere

Otis

This is one of the reasons I hate all seater modern stadiums with the old terrace ones if a knob head came and stood by you you could move elsewhere
This is why I don't tell you exactly where I sit at the Ricoh.

Sick Boy

That's ridiculous, what were they threatening to arrest you for? What would the charge have been?

There were a couple of states in there yesterday as well, a couple of them got thrown out I reckon as they were staggering around going back to the ground on the final whistle.

Travs

To be fair to the original poster, similar happened to me after driving to Barnsley one year. Had a pint in the leisure centre, walked down the hill, stopping to tie my lace halfway. As I walked past a steward he grabbed me and said "I've just seen you staggering down the hill, I'll let you in but if I see you at the bar I'm chucking you out".

I was pretty gobsmacked, gave a bit of a protest that I was sober, and made my way in (and duly went to the bar). Gave him an absolute stack of shit when I saw him on the way out though...

It's probably the "ranting raving" bit that didn't help... not saying they were right, but if the police only see that then you're onto a losing situation from the start. All you can do is remain calm.

rob9872

I'm 46. Been watching City for 40 years, been going away for 30 years. Some away games I've been so p*ssed I can barely stand, but never been refused entry (some times wish I had!). Find it really difficult to believe this happened without any provocation.

Otis

That'll be the beer goggles.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
I tried to discourage them from wearing them to be quite honest, but women always get their way in the end, don't they.

I on the other hand very rarely had my way.

westofrayne

Was there yesterday, no issues with Stewards actually found them to be very good natured.

A few questions if I may:

1. What time did you arrive at the ground to gain entry?
2. Did you submit to being searched by Stewards (I also noted that home fans were being searched when I walked around the ground)
3. Where did the incident occur, at turnstile, at search line (5 yds front of turnstyles) or somewhere else.
4. Did the steward just walk up to you and tell you you had been drinking and therefore can't come in or was there communication before this.

it's very hard to fully understand how this incidence started and why. if you can explain pure facts and the timeline I think most of us would understand more and can then form an opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread