Yesterday (1 Viewer)

CUS Wyken

Firstly great support...

Took over that villiage Theale, great seeing coaches and pubs full off city. As usual the football wrecks the day.

Arriving to the ground, quality to see all the coaches and mini-buses.

The football however especially first half was shocking. Murphy, what was he doing for the first goal? Desperate goalkeeping.

Second half improved, Nimley looking a real threat, different class. Mcsheffrey played well too.

As for SISU proof in the pudding that they hate bad press. This should be the time Everyone backs the sisu out campaign. There a bunch of mini hitlers

EleanorRigby

It's the football thats the problem not the supporters. How many times has there been fantastic support away from home especially considering our away form but the players just don't seem up for it at times. Is it attitude, lack of ability a mixture of both. Just how given that superb show of support in tough times financially and after recent set backs can the players justify that first half performance.

CUS Wyken

Exactly mate... First half they were lacklustre for whatever reason. Despite that still sang our hearts out.

On a side note, how bad was Bell when he came on? How he made it as a professional footballer I do not know.

Shame the players don't show the same commitment as the fans.

EleanorRigby

They won't, no George Curtis's, Brian Kilcline's or Big Oggy's out there mate. Curtis would have punched some of those yesterday representing Coventry City Football Club.

Lord_Nampil

If u have no confidence how can u get better? Look at Torres he's been shit for 2 seasons yet we all know he is t as bad as he has been! At the moment we have a squad with no leader and no confidence!! Just shows u we need drastic changes on and off the pitch and it needs to happen quick!
Untill the end of the season we can only do what we did yesterday as fans!!

CUS Wyken

If u have no confidence how can u get better? Look at Torres he's been shit for 2 seasons yet we all know he is t as bad as he has been! At the moment we have a squad with no leader and no confidence!! Just shows u we need drastic changes on and off the pitch and it needs to happen quick!
Untill the end of the season we can only do what we did yesterday as fans!!

Only players who could be happy with there performance we're Christie, Nimley, Keogh and Mcsheffrey. Murphy was a joke. Reading were nothing special and I can't remember Murphy having to make a save. We're bottom of the league. It apart from a 15 min period second half there was no urgency amongst the players.

Clingan is a disgrace. Why does Thorn persist in playing him? Obvious he's not in it for the cause

Lord_Nampil

Only players who could be happy with there performance we're Christie, Nimley, Keogh and Mcsheffrey. Murphy was a joke. Reading were nothing special and I can't remember Murphy having to make a save. We're bottom of the league. It apart from a 15 min period second half there was no urgency amongst the players.

Clingan is a disgrace. Why does Thorn persist in playing him? Obvious he's not in it for the cause

I thought Clarke played well too, first half was a joke and you have to ask why Thorn didn't start with the formation he ended with?? We were like a group of kids chasing the ball, and when we looked organised the game was lost! Clingan shud have gone in The summer and the last 2 games show how important Conor Thomas is!

In my eyes we have a group of players who managed correctly with imbedded confidence would be fine in this league! Sadly we have been mismanaged on and off the pitch which has left us 8 points from safety with 16 games to go!

Brighton Sky Blue

I guess because he's got nobody else to play there, but he didn't seem up for it anyway. Murphy on the first goal was kids' stuff, only he knows what he was thinking.

CUS Wyken

I thought Clarke played well too, first half was a joke and you have to ask why Thorn didn't start with the formation he ended with?? We were like a group of kids chasing the ball, and when we looked organised the game was lost! Clingan shud have gone in The summer and the last 2 games show how important Conor Thomas is!

In my eyes we have a group of players who managed correctly with imbedded confidence would be fine in this league! Sadly we have been mismanaged on and off the pitch which has left us 8 points from safety with 16 games to go!

We deffo miss Thomas. What's happened to Bigi? Would rather see him in the team instead of Clingan. Norwood didn't do much to inspire me.

Ever since Barnsley away I said on here Thorn not the right man, 5 months on its got worse yet people still stick up for him? God knows why... Beggars belief.

CUS Wyken

I guess because he's got nobody else to play there, but he didn't seem up for it anyway. Murphy on the first goal was kids' stuff, only he knows what he was thinking.

Thing is Brighton, like you said he didn't seem up for it yet he's one of the players who we gave a contract to. Shocking.

I really don't see how were gonna close the gap. Yet when we have a go we get called moaners. What is there to be happy about? We're a team who looks like they've given up themselves so it's going to rub off on the fans surely?

Lord_Nampil

We deffo miss Thomas. What's happened to Bigi? Would rather see him in the team instead of Clingan. Norwood didn't do much to inspire me.

Ever since Barnsley away I said on here Thorn not the right man, 5 months on its got worse yet people still stick up for him? God knows why... Beggars belief.

I said he wasn't the man after we lost in the last win against Preston (his 2nd game) I actually don't like him, hes not a manager who you think yeah hes the man i want to run my football team!

This is where the mismanagement off the pitch comes into affect, Fisher clearly said its Imperative we stay up. If that's the case you replace Thorn with someone who can do a better a job (there clearly is / are people out there).

The only thing i can think of is one part of the on going talks is the manager stays in place untill the outcome of the talks has finished, from twitter i had a mentioned that the Hoff was very confident with a positive outcome. BUT if that's the case then were holding ourselves back!!!

Brighton Sky Blue

Thing is Brighton, like you said he didn't seem up for it yet he's one of the players who we gave a contract to. Shocking.

I really don't see how were gonna close the gap. Yet when we have a go we get called moaners. What is there to be happy about? We're a team who looks like they've given up themselves so it's going to rub off on the fans surely?

After the 2nd goal most of us just turned on the players, and you couldn't blame us-the players just didn't look like it meant something. Norwood was totally anonymous; what he offers I don't know. Deciding to have a go at 0-2 was all well and good, but we won't win away for all of time playing like that. Murphy just has to catch an unchallenged cross and he watches it in-pathetic.

Lord_Nampil

We bossed the 2nd half so maybe we should cling on to that.

We did Otis but when your 2-0 up have the best or second best defense in the league and have the best Goalie in the league did they actually need to do anything ?? To be fair did they do much all game?? I thought Reading were an average well organised side and that's what beat us!!

Otis

So you're telling me we didn't get any points for winning the 2nd 45 mins? :thinking about:

Otis

We did Otis but when your 2-0 up have the best or second best defense in the league and have the best Goalie in the league did they actually need to do anything ?? To be fair did they do much all game?? I thought Reading were an average well organised side and that's what beat us!!

I was being sarcastic.

pusbccfc

I would like to see bigi given a game, he gives 10times more than clingan!!
Clingan is a disgrace, didn't look interested and is supposed to be our captain and main man in midfield!
He's woeful and his free kicks and corners are shocking these days!!
Norwood was decent, did one or two great long balls, few decent passes.
Nimely is immense, is first touch is easily premier league class, you can see he trains along side, aguero, nasri,silva and the rest!
Murphy well... What's happened! I still remember the murphy who had the performance of the year verses west ham!

Once again, great support.

Lord_Nampil

Doesnt help when you captain looks scared stiff when he gets the ball and doesn't no what to do with it and makes costly mistakes! As a captain you need to set the example and he doesn't!

As for Bigi, since Burnley hasn't looked the same player has he? And to be fair has rarely been in the team!

CUS Wyken

Doesnt help when you captain looks scared stiff when he gets the ball and doesn't no what to do with it and makes costly mistakes! As a captain you need to set the example and he doesn't!

As for Bigi, since Burnley hasn't looked the same player has he? And to be fair has rarely been in the team!

Why Keogh isn't captain i do not know...

Its obvious hes not interested.

skybluesteve76

Exactly mate... First half they were lacklustre for whatever reason. Despite that still sang our hearts out.<br />
<br />
On a side note, how bad was Bell when he came on? How he made it as a professional footballer I do not know.<br />
<br />
Shame the players don't show the same commitment as the fans.
<br />
<br />
I was more bothered how awful Clingan was. Don't think you can single Belly out for much criticism really.

ccfctommy

Firstly great support...

Took over that villiage Theale, great seeing coaches and pubs full off city. As usual the football wrecks the day.

Arriving to the ground, quality to see all the coaches and mini-buses.

The football however especially first half was shocking. Murphy, what was he doing for the first goal? Desperate goalkeeping.

Second half improved, Nimley looking a real threat, different class. Mcsheffrey played well too.

As for SISU proof in the pudding that they hate bad press. This should be the time Everyone backs the sisu out campaign. There a bunch of mini hitlers

Did you go on the coach from the Royal? My dad went on that coach.

CUS Wyken

Did you go on the coach from the Royal? My dad went on that coach.

No mate but met them in the village. Coach from the Royal, coach from the wheel and the sky blue army coach all met in Theale. Good turnout.

Not sure which coach but one got lost from the village to the ground haha

CUS Wyken

<br />
<br />
I was more bothered how awful Clingan was. Don't think you can single Belly out for much criticism really.

Clingan been awful last few weeks, dunno why Thorn still plays him and has him as captain.. We all know he's off. My issue is bell who we offered an extension too looked disinterested and was just awful when he came on again.

Last edited:

Otis

Thorn is not winning over any friends giving the armband to Clingan rather than the obvious choice and most consistent player in a City shirt, Keogh.

chiefdave

Thorn is not winning over any friends giving the armband to Clingan rather than the obvious choice and most consistent player in a City shirt, Keogh.
as bad as Clingan is playing it would still be a pretty big deal to strip him of the captaincy. Perhaps if he's out for a while now Keogh will take over and they'll just never give it back to Sammy.

CUS Wyken

as bad as Clingan is playing it would still be a pretty big deal to strip him of the captaincy. Perhaps if he's out for a while now Keogh will take over and they'll just never give it back to Sammy.

Dave - Clingan on recent performaces doesn't deserve a spot in the starting 11 let alone the armband.

Users who are viewing this thread