Wycombe (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
They look so awful against Swansea.

It's like without Jacobson and Akinfena they have nothing at all.

Terry Gibson's perm

Just watched the half time with that bloke on it moaning about a foul, he should look at himself when he plays he fouls every time they kick it up in the air for him. The only benefit him being on the tv is that I don’t need to watch him waddle around the field.

They are going to get some real thrashings this year and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them go down again next year.

Terry Gibson's perm

Ainsworth looked like a beaten man when he came out after half time. He has been worked out already

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair I don't think they expected anything else and being in the Championship this season will keep their finances in order for longer than it may have otherwise. Helps our survival prospects no end though

Covstu

Was anyone shocked by this? They always looked bang average and got through on a technicality

Marty

It was a shambles how both Wycombe and Rotherham made it to the championship, both were dropping points like crazy towards the end.

Mucca Mad Boys

It's a 44/46 game season, I completely understand why the others were annoyed with the decision.

I think Rotherham may have stayed in it, although I do think Fleetwood were the team to watch. Would they do any better than Wycombe are now?

Clubs that size just don't have the budgets required, nor the potential growth in the clubs to survive. Wycombe fans will enjoy this season because if my friend is anything to go by, this is their Premiership. Fans my age (26), literally used to watch Wycombe when they were in the Isthmian League.

Undoubtedly, Wycombe deserved to go up. They beat the two in-form team (minus ourselves) in the league to go up. They shouldn't have made the playoffs as the unweighted PPG wasn't the fairest outcome, the EFL probably chose unweighted PPG to spite Peterborough. As for Rotherham, they were pretty much in the top 2 the whole season, so I don't think anyone can be too aggrieved at that.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think Rotherham may have stayed in it, although I do think Fleetwood were the team to watch. Would they do any better than Wycombe are now?

Clubs that size just don't have the budgets required, nor the potential growth in the clubs to survive. Wycombe fans will enjoy this season because if my friend is anything to go by, this is their Premiership. Fans my age (26), literally used to watch Wycombe when they were in the Isthmian League.

Undoubtedly, Wycombe deserved to go up. They beat the two in-form team (minus ourselves) in the league to go up. They shouldn't have made the playoffs as the unweighted PPG wasn't the fairest outcome, the EFL probably chose unweighted PPG to spite Peterborough. As for Rotherham, they were pretty much in the top 2 the whole season, so I don't think anyone can be too aggrieved at that.

Just a shame for them they can't go to any of the grounds. We're about the only club in the world glad that nobody can go!

Mucca Mad Boys

Just a shame for them they can't go to any of the grounds. We're about the only club in the world glad that nobody can go!

My mate is actually gutted, someone who does around 40 games a season in the league. As for us, it's our equaliser. Personally, the good thing about the rugby season being delayed is being able to watch all the games.

I did really want to do our Yorkshire away days, especially Barnsley. I have a uni mate who supports them and my uncle lives up there (and another in Huddersfield) - we planned to do all the Yorkshire away days when we can.

Brighton Sky Blue

My mate is actually gutted, someone who does around 40 games a season in the league. As for us, it's our equaliser. Personally, the good thing about the rugby season being delayed is being able to watch all the games.

I did really want to do our Yorkshire away days, especially Barnsley. I have a uni mate who supports them and my uncle lives up there (and another in Huddersfield) - we planned to do all the Yorkshire away days when we can.

Makes me sad to think of what might have been in an alternate universe where we won the title on the pitch, got a Ricoh return and bumper crowds in the Championship.

Mucca Mad Boys

Makes me sad to think of what might have been in an alternate universe where we won the title on the pitch, got a Ricoh return and bumper crowds in the Championship.

We can have our fingers crossed around June/July 2021 where we await the deadline to tell the EFL where we’ll be playing next season.

Only to be let down, again.

Terry Gibson's perm

The owner of Fleetwood has a few quid from memory he spent £7 million on the training ground

Travs

It does look bleak for Wycombe.... But given that we are not even 1/15th into the season we should probably hold our tongues before writing others off.

We could just as likely end up adrift in the bottom three, as be in a playoff battle (admittedly both would be unlikely).

ccfcchris

Like I mentioned on the other thread. It's worth betting against them most weeks with careful thought to their opponents. Luton look quite good value to beat them Saturday but will wait for teams news etc.

no_loyalty

The record for the lowest points total is 23 I believe, does anybody think Wycombe will beat that?

SkyBlueCharlie9

I think Wycombe got promoted into football league in early 90's. Well run club.

Terry Gibson's perm

Once they have that big lump back the press will be saying how unlucky they are and how good it is to see him in the higher leagues, when in reality he brings nothing to the game a bit like his media work.

Users who are viewing this thread