Would you start Maddison on Tuesday, or keep him on the bench? (1 Viewer)

Otis

If he's fit enough I think it's worth giving him a go from the start. He adds a freshness to the team and offers something a little bit different.

As Nouble isn't doing much at all on the pitch at the mo, maybe we could play Proschwitz up front, with Maddison just behind.

Just looking at other options up front and there's not much is there.

torchomatic

I'd keep him on the bench.

Sky Blue Harry H

If he's fit enough I think it's worth giving him a go from the start. He adds a freshness to the team and offers something a little bit different.

As Nouble isn't doing much at all on the pitch at the mo, maybe we could play Proschwitz up front, with Maddison just behind.

Just looking at other options up front and there's not much is there.

Play him, but make him wear a ginger wig, and 'name' him as Ryan Haynes. If he plays great, maybe we can sell Haynes for decent money in the Summer, and if he has a stinker fans can carry on giving Haynes abuse. By the way Ryan, I wish you all the best, but I really want to keep hold of young Maddison, who I think will go on to be something special (other opinions available from other supporters!)

torchomatic

I just think he's more of an impact player and considering his age and enthusiasm we should keep him on his leash this season.

RFC

Simple keep him on the bench and bring him on at the right time, impact player just what we need. PUSB!

Hobo

On the bench, use him when there are a few tired legs and the game is being stretched.
He is not the finished article yet and needs bringing along with care.

Nick

Administrator
On the bench, use him when there are a few tired legs and the game is being stretched.
He is not the finished article yet and needs bringing along with care.
This, don't think he will have as much of an impact from the start

torchomatic

He started the last JPT game didn't he and wasn't as effective, so yeah, keep him until we need him.

This, don't think he will have as much of an impact from the start

Paxman II

He's a good impact player not someone who can irritate the opposition for 90 minutes. Pros was awful so I hope we have someone else fit.

Johnnythespider

Give him the last 30 mins and as Otis says let him pair up with the German who seems decent at holding it up and laying it off.

ptr

Start him ahead of nouble, if anything it may may nouble realise he's not the bees knees he thinks he is. Plus maddison deserves a start after that performance, no matter what age he is. Throw him in I say

stupot07

Tough call. The lads got some talent, but whether he can produce over 90 minute or not is unclear. I'd like to see him play up front with Proswichz. Thought bar the miss he played ok, also (unlike Nouble) actually wants to get in the box and get played in behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Tough call. The lads got some talent, but whether he can produce over 90 minute or not is unclear. I'd like to see him play up front with Proswichz. Thought bar the miss he played ok, also (unlike Nouble) actually wants to get in the box and get played in behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Well that's the thing. I think we all agree Nouble has been very disappointing. If the only other option in Jackson then we should at least consider Maddison to start.

What's the point of playing Nouble if he's not that bothered?

stupot07

Well that's the thing. I think we all agree Nouble has been very disappointing. If the only other option in Jackson then we should at least consider Maddison to start.

What's the point of playing Nouble if he's not that bothered?

No idea. It was just a bizarre performance by him. Ran around like a looney closing down the keeper for 5 minutes, then spent 10 minutes rolling his foot over the ball but achieving nothing, the second half looked completely disinterested.

I don't think I've ever seen a striker with less desire to score goals as him.

hamil99

Facebook User
If we play him from the start doesn't mean he has to play 90 mins. Maybe let him know he's only playing the first 45 and to run them ragged!

Sky Blue Harry H

How long are we committed to Frank for - isn't it just the end of the season? If so, I'm not up for offering him any longer. One of SISUs short term measures that might (accidentally) have worked!

Otis

How long are we committed to Frank for - isn't it just the end of the season? If so, I'm not up for offering him any longer. One of SISUs short term measures that might (accidentally) have worked!

He has the strength, he has the skill, he can score. He just lacks the application and drive and without that then he is pretty pointless isn't he?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Keep in on the bench and bring him on for the second half,we are in danger of destroying our kids playing in a relegation threatened team every game,they need to be brought on gradually.

Otis

Keep in on the bench and bring him on for the second half,we are in danger of destroying our kids playing in a relegation threatened team every game,they need to be brought on gradually.

Well yeah, get all that, but if Nouble can't be arsed? Would we rather play a player who doesn't look interested, than a kid who is well up for it?

Delboycov

To use a word often coined by RFC...simple....he has earned his place from the start...if he doesn't provide the 'impact' that we know he's capable of then we have substitutes to replace him.

skybluedan

Well yeah, get all that, but if Nouble can't be arsed? Would we rather play a player who doesn't look interested, than a kid who is well up for it?

I would certainly give him some game time if we secure safety

Users who are viewing this thread