would league 1 be for the best to force sisu out? (1 Viewer)

now while it may seem ridiculous to want your team to be relegated, and for almost any other club it would be, i am deadly serious to have come to the conclusion that this might be the only way of moving forward in the long run. it is obvious the hoffman takeover is waiting in the wings while it is also plainly obvious sisu are not interested in letting go. the problem for me is while we are in the championship sisu and their deluded board of advisors see us as only being one promotion away from the premier millions and can just about get by with the championship crowds. now i firmly believe relegation to league 1, a million miles from the prem and average gates of 9,000 to contend with would finally make sisu realise they are finished of any chance of making money back and would have to settle for whatever they can get and new owners can take control and rebuild us. the sad realism for me is, ok so we stay up this year and sisu stay then it will be the same again next season but probably even worse if thats possible

Grendel

It will be a disaster end of the club as we know it. We are not half as big as we think. Relegation will show how small we are. I dread it.

Tonylinc

I think you are absolutely correct BSB. I have said this in previous threads. If we somehow survive this season (which I now think is impossible) then it is going to be more of the same next time wheras when we are relegated I believe that Sisu will want to move out asap and as such will be more willing to accept a reasonable offer.

Lord_Nampil

small club?? disagree history proves through our history as a league club we have spent the majority of time in the top 2 leagues! i also think today shows how many fans we can get behind us IF there is a chance of something to cheer about, you wouldn't see many clubs take nearly 3,000 fans away from home with them when they are at the bottom of the league!

As for the SISU remark, as they have asked Hoffman back to the table it seems to me a comprised deal is what there looking for as they know they cant manage us alone if we get relegated. I can see in the near future some kind of announcement regarding Hoffman acquiring 51% of the shares and therefor becoming the new owner, SISU will have shares in the club which they will sell for a price once we return to the top flight! SISU will not just walk away for a £1 they will want more than that!

So will have to wait and see what happens in the coming months!

Tonylinc

I really can't see Hoff. going to bed with Sisu. He will want outright ownership for his investors or nothing at all.

Lord_Nampil

I really can't see Hoff. going to bed with Sisu. He will want outright ownership for his investors or nothing at all.

I wants dont always get! IF he loves the club like he says he does he will compromise, 51% is a start and better than nothing ALSO it allows him to buy the share in the Ricoh which will give him a stronger hand when it comes to purchasing the remaing shares!

Owning 51% of the club it would mean that SISU wouldn't actually control the club, they would be like what Brody is now!

Thats what i can see happening....

Tonylinc

As much as I want Hoff. to succeed in his bid; I also want Sisu gone and would not therefore be happy with this compromise. Furthermore, I cannot see him gaining any interest in the Ricoh whilst Sisu are still in the picture. I think that the Council have had more than enough of them too.

Lord_Nampil

As much as I want Hoff. to succeed in his bid; I also want Sisu gone and would not therefore be happy with this compromise. Furthermore, I cannot see him gaining any interest in the Ricoh whilst Sisu are still in the picture. I think that the Council have had more than enough of them too.

SISU would be a share holder Hoff would be the owner, why wouldn't they deal with the owner???

Tonylinc

SISU would be a share holder Hoff would be the owner, why wouldn't they deal with the owner???
In your scenario Hoff. and Sisu would be joint owners, albeit Hoff. and his backers would be the majority partner, but neverthless a partner only. The Council have shown distain for Sisu and have already effectively refused to deal with them. Going back to your point about Hoff. buying Sisu shares at a future date; surely if part ownership of the Ricoh had been gained by that stage, it would only make those shares more valable.

For me, our fate is now sealed - and in all honesty probably was when we chucked away the points at Blackpool and at home to Ipswich. League One - with or without SISU is going to be an awful place to be and a tough place to get out of, and I can't see us getting out of there for some years. I just hope we get to a position and then bounce back like Southampton have done. A long hard road lies ahead on all fronts but I'm sure we can get through it.......

Users who are viewing this thread