Would be happy with Arsenal putting 6 past us.... (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

....if it meant getting 3 points in a league game.

By the sounds of it, our extra time efforts vs Brum had an effect on our performance at Crewe today. Perhaps it shouldn't of, but there you go.

Otis

Let's just take the money and run.

Arsenal are going to have to play really poorly for us to have any chance.

The CableGuy

With City you just don't know what the frack their going to do down there.

Wouldn't be too surprised to see us play Arsenal (all be it their Youth Team) off the park there, only to then lose at somehere like Walsall.

Otis

We will of course try our best and put our strongest team out, but as you say we need to be looking at 3 pts from league games first and foremost.

Covstu

League takes priority, we have no chance of winning down there even with a team of kids

Paxman II

Actually I expect defeat of course but I also expect a performance. Would not like a thrashing with a goal glut from the opposition as this would seriously dent the confidence but a good fighting performance above our pay grade so to speak will serve us well with the Emirates being a reminder of everyones target grade ;)

Blinxs

Went to see Liverpool v Arsenal with a mate who supports Liverpool (don't worry my blood still runs sky blue) and have to say was very impressed with Arsenal. I hope they do play their younsters otherwise it might be a heavy defeat although they were helped today by a shocking Liverpool team. Their strength is in the centre of midfield so if Jenning can disrupt that then we may have a chance and would be great if we could get a result but a good cup run tends to affect clubs in two distinct ways, either it boosts morale and the team carries the winning menality into the league or the team suffers from fatigue and injuries and loses all momentum in the league (as palace did last season) so hope to beat arsenal but also hope a cup run is a positive thing.

PUSB from another Battlestar fan (original and remake)

The CableGuy

With City you just don't know what the frack their going to do down there.

Wouldn't be too surprised to see us play Arsenal (all be it their Youth Team) off the park there, only to then lose at somehere like Walsall.

I swear, this lot are saving themselves for Arsenal. Watch them play their arses off down there when their in the shop-window.

They can beat a full strength Brum team from the Championship in the Cup, but they can't beat Crewe, Stevenage or Tranmere? OK, the latter 2 are unbeaten this season but still, you would have thought we would get more than 0 points from those 3 games.

Users who are viewing this thread