Would anyone like Robins back at Cov (1 Viewer)

Baginton

:claping hands:unfinished business, that would be funny, come back Mark, might make a few quid in getting rid of Pressley

Last edited:

skybluepm2

No. He is pretty much hated by the majority of fans plus I don't think he would have any intention of returning even if given the opportunity and despite him having sky blue blood. He burnt his bridges with Scrotium when he jumped ship. I'm surprised they didn't find a way of battering him in court for breach of contract!

Rich

Good manager regardless of the sky blue blood jump off a sinking ship thing. I'd have him back. I think Fergie is a complete knob but I'd have him too.

RFC

We have the right manager in charge, success is not instant but comes through hard work, belief & time. PUSB

Sba180

Good manager regardless of the sky blue blood jump off a sinking ship thing. I'd have him back. I think Fergie is a complete knob but I'd have him too.
Outplaying teams and scoring for fun or the guff that ive seen in 180 minutes so far this season. Yeah, id have him back today.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'd never have Robins back. He walked out once, he would do it again without hesitation. The man is a low-life.

ajsccfc

I'm no fan of Robins and his amazing technicolour blood, but I don't buy for a second that a manager is just lucky when a player in a team that he puts together and tells how to play ends up doing quite well.

skybluepm2

If Pressley goes, I'm sure Eric Black will be odds on favourite for the 23rd time since he left. Who in their right mind would come to us now?!

Sky Blue Dal

Wishful thinking?

We should be encouraging him to stay instead of helping him make his decision for him plus making him feel unwanted.

I think he has done a grand job considering the resources our crappy owners have given him and minus the 10 points.

Even if Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho or Arsene Wenger were to manage us today could not do better.

He is the only decent thing we have in our club and we showing him the way to the door.

Wake Up.

Last edited:

covhead1

We should be encouraging him to stay instead of helping him make his decision to go by making him feel unwanted.

I think he has done a grand job considering the resources our crappy owners have given him and minus the 10 points.

Even if Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho or Arsene Wenger were to manage us today could do much better.

He is the only decent thing we have in our club and we showing him the door.

Wake Up.

Wake up and smell the deep fried mars bars!

Pressley is not going to take us anywhere but down!

shmmeee

Pressley inherited one and got the best out of the other...

Why does Pressley get credit for Wilson but Robins doesn't for Clarke and McGoldrick?

You could argue that last season was always going to be Wilsons breakthrough season. His form since leaving suggests it wasn't just Pressley's influence.

Sky Blue Dal

Wake up and smell the deep fried mars bars!

Pressley is not going to take us anywhere but down!

and the next managers going to do any better under our existing regime... Please enlighten me how?? What descent manager in there right mind will want to join us.

He is not going to win a war with bows and arrows when the other side have fighter jets.

Last edited:

mark82

We should be encouraging him to stay instead of helping him make his decision for him plus making him feel unwanted.

Even if Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho or Arsene Wenger were to manage us today could not do better.

He is the only decent thing we have in our club and we showing him the way to the door.

Wake Up.

5 wins in 26 is nothing to be shouting from the rooftops about. The thing that irritates me most is that he puts a positive spin on every game. Even if we were absolute turd.

NorthernWisdom

Why does Pressley get credit for Wilson but Robins doesn't for Clarke and McGoldrick?

You could argue that last season was always going to be Wilsons breakthrough season. His form since leaving suggests it wasn't just Pressley's influence.

I'd happily give both Pressley and Robins credit for getting the most out the strikers they had, tbh.

NorthernWisdom

5 wins in 26 is nothing to be shouting from the rooftops about. The thing that irritates me most is that he puts a positive spin on every game. Even if we were absolute turd.

To a degree, he's only doing what the likes of Ferguson did for years. It's not entirely inappropriate for him to defend his players in public. In private, I'd expect him to help them get better and some players will respond better to the arm round the shoulder, some the punch in the face... but in public, supporting your players is no bad thing IMHO.

LB87ccfc

Every manager defends his side, even the likes of Wenger and Rodgers do it in the premier league when beaten, they always defend their man in the public eye... no need to come out and say this and that was shit, that is a conversation indoors.

Robins was a twat the way he left, and quite frankly will never return so get over it.

Sky Blue Dal

Plenty would apply. As they always have done, as they always will do.

Name me some decent experienced managers out there who would whist we are at Sixfields.

Bloody hell if we are about to lose another manager to Huddersfield it is obvious we are not a catch anymore.

We need to get in the real world and stop letting our loyalty blind us.

So who can we get that can do a better job than SP with the resources we have to work with??

You might surprise me and I may agree its a good shout but I can't see it unless the return to the Ricoh is back on the card but I am not sure about that either whilst SISU are in charge.

shmmeee

I'd happily give both Pressley and Robins credit for getting the most out the strikers they had, tbh.

Both seemed to create sides that made chances didn't they?

Problem this season may be that we started the first game without any of the four main playmakers last season (Baker, Moussa, Fleck, Christie)

Colonel Mustard

Name me some decent experienced managers out there who would whist we are at Sixfields.

The majority of unemployed former Championship and L1 managers, I would imagine. It's a job - a six figure job at that - and a chance to get back in the game and rebuild their reputation.

So who can we get that can do a better job than SP with the resources we have to work with??

Impossible to say. I think it's always pot luck. Since exiting the Premier League, our best managers have been Nilsson, Black and Robins, who IMO outperformed more experienced managers like Reid, Adams and Coleman. Go figure.

shmmeee

Worth mentioning that Pressley would be in that list (Nilsson, Robins, Black (and I'd argue Dowie) if his tenure had been as short as theirs.

As it is, unless he turns things around quickly, he's decidedly closer to Reid, Adams, and Coleman. But you have to ask: would the others have fallen off as well over a longer period?

To be honest, I'd trust Waggott to unearth another decent manager. It's one thing he seems to be able to do fairly well. Though I'm becoming less convinced about his ability to scout players (bring back Andy Thorn).

Sky Blue Dal

Both seemed to create sides that made chances didn't they?

Problem this season may be that we started the first game without any of the four main playmakers last season (Baker, Moussa, Fleck, Christie)

This is one of the main points I am making..why should SP be getting the flack when every decent player we had last season were released and sold off by our owners and at the same time messing up his plans to build a steady and solid squad.

The same is going to happen with the next manager and the manager after that. The amount of managers have we had under SISU shows we are a club not fit for purpose.

NorthernWisdom

There'd always be someone...

Although tbh results to me are ultimately irrelevant as they'll follow if the foundations are right. Thought at the time we had our decent half season under Adams, once we were safe we should've used the players to be at the club the next season rather than playing Wise, and our form after showed I might have been right.

Ditto with Pressley. He does at least have an awareness the club needs foundations. He's not being given all the tools he needs, but I am glad he buys into having a decent youth setup and actually playing the kids, rather than 38yo wasters.

Sky Blue Dal

Ditto with Pressley. He does at least have an awareness the club needs foundations. He's not being given all the tools he needs, but I am glad he buys into having a decent youth setup and actually playing the kids, rather than 38yo wasters.

Exactly .. but even this is being hindered by our beloved owners who sell them off. How is our team going to benefit when we nurture them but can't hold onto the good one's for more than one season.

Users who are viewing this thread