Worth another chance? (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

While I'm all for people learning from their mistakes, It's the tweets and chatting to the Sun that sits most uneasily with me. To end up back in prison for them suggests bad regrets, he has none.

But...

Otis

While I'm all for people learning from their mistakes, It's the tweets and chatting to the Sun that sits most uneasily with me. To end up back in prison for them suggests bad regrets, he has none.

But...
Yes,same. I am all for people learning from their mistakes and being given another opportunity in the right circumstances, but the inappropriate tweets seem to point to a lack of remorse. Would be good to see what he said.

No remorse, no reform, no second chances as far as I am concerned.

Otis

Screenshot_20200923-083607.png

What opinion does he have about beating his girlfriend with an iron bar, breaking her jaw and smashing a mirror over her head?

Sounds very arrogant talking about "opinions."

Otis

He apparently also made her lick paint up from the floor during a three day ordeal.

Just found this tweet of his in response to a dig.

Thompson responded to a tweet from a fan, who wrote: "I’ve been redecorating the back bedroom and spilt some paint.

"Do I hit the Mrs with an iron bar & make her lick it up or just use a cloth?"

Thompson replied with a smiling face and thumbs up emoji and wrote: "Pretty sure from post examination no paint or other substances were found in the persons stomach/system.
So that rules the paint part out."

covmark

Definitely not worth another chance. Wife beaters are down there with the dregs of society like paedos.
Stick him in a room with the girls dad. Let him deal with the scummy c**t.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

stay_up_skyblues

Definitely not worth another chance. Wife beaters are down there with the dregs of society like paedos.
Stick him in a room with the girls dad. Let him deal with the scummy c**t.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Couldn’t agree more. You might begrudgingly agree that a one off drunken mistake where man strikes wife in an argument and serves his time deserves another chance. But this ordeal he put his missus through was a sick prolonged attack designed to degrade/abuse and so the bloke is not right in the head. Like a nonce, he deserves no second chance in my opinion.

Evo1883

I'm not of the belief everybody should get a second chance.. It's purely circumstantial.

jimmyhillsfanclub

What an odious little c**t......heres hoping someone gives him a fucking good kick around a darkened car-park at some point in the very near future.

Otis

Yes.

I do think that we do have to have a second chance option on the agenda. We can all walk a fine line at times and I have seen people lash out in a moment of madness. This guy though, that is prolonged and vicious and seemingly, liltte or no remorse shown at all.

I do not think we can ever ditch the notion of second chances though, under the right circumstances.

If there are no second chances at life, what do you think we should have done with bringbackrattles?

Otis

Selby Town now saying the offer for him to play for the the club, has now been withdrawn, following a backlash from fans.

Grendel

Selby Town now saying the offer for him to play for the the club, has now been withdrawn, following a backlash from fans.

well it’s as the sponsor threatened to pull out

I’ve no interest in him but it’s worth pointing out these tweets were months ago and parole was revoked and he was sent back to prison

Grendel

Always find these debates interesting given our association with Marlon King

Grendel

tbf, I had the same issue with him.

Well Boothroyd allegedly negotiating the deal while he was inside was a new low. Let’s be honest if this guy was a great footballer he’d be snapped up and fans would make excuses

David O'Day

Seems the "he's served his sentence" line wasn't strictly true and he is still on license. That's what made the sponsors pull out.

Sick Boy

Well Boothroyd allegedly negotiating the deal while he was inside was a new low. Let’s be honest if this guy was a great footballer he’d be snapped up and fans would make excuses
Very true; still can’t quite get over sections of our fans singing “she said yes Marlon”.

Users who are viewing this thread