Woman who has been racially abused in Willenhall (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

Nick

Administrator
It just looks too blatent, if that makes sense? I mean who would write that on the door about "ni**as rule"?

Macca

Very cynical about this story but if true needs to attract as much outrage as the Fat Chelsea fans incident

Macca

I can't think of a black person I know that would write that unless they were 10. Silly kids or someone looking for a move ;-)

bringbackrattles

Doesn't shock me at all as my son lived in Willenhall for six months and he said it was dodgy then and that was a few years ago.

Macca

To be fair there is so much extremism on the both sides of the race issue these days I don't know what to believe anymore

The Lurker

I can't think of a black person I know that would write that unless they were 10. Silly kids or someone looking for a move ;-)

So the fact the housing agency (whitefriars) have said this has happened before means nothing? Hate to say it, if it was a hate note to a black or Asian person, they'll be up-roar! I live 2 mins away from the flats. You ask anyone in willenhall what it's like now. There's gangs of Somalians causing havoc but it's never in the spotlight

Grendel

This is clearly bollocks. Made up nonsense to stir up anti black feeling by ukip types I would guess.

Grendel

So the fact the housing agency (whitefriars) have said this has happened before means nothing? Hate to say it, if it was a hate note to a black or Asian person, they'll be up-roar! I live 2 mins away from the flats. You ask anyone in willenhall what it's like now. There's gangs of Somalians causing havoc but it's never in the spotlight

If you did right such a hate note there would rightly be uproar.

bigfatronssba

Ah the old only white people are racist line.

bigfatronssba

This is clearly bollocks. Made up nonsense to stir up anti black feeling by ukip types I would guess.

Bigoted nonsense.

Lets hope the authorities take this more seriously than you have.

Nick

Administrator
Bigoted nonsense.

Lets hope the authorities take this more seriously than you have.

It should be investigated the same as any other hate crime, it just seems a bit weird.

I'm obviously not saying only white people are racist, just that this instance seems a bit strange.

The Lurker

Do you, though?

Yes cos this is my area. And it seems racism is just a one way street according to a few bigots on here. Let's hope you or your kids never get racially attacked. The sheer fact many are questioning this woman is wrong. Would they if a black woman complained about a racial hate note?

The Lurker

It should be investigated the same as any other hate crime, it just seems a bit weird.

I'm obviously not saying only white people are racist, just that this instance seems a bit strange.
Why is it strange? The housing company admitted they've had issues in the past and I live near the flats. Serious question. Do you personally know anyone in willenhall?

Nick

Administrator
Why is it strange? The housing company admitted they've had issues in the past and I live near the flats. Serious question. Do you personally know anyone in willenhall?

I know a couple of people.

It is strange because of how blatant / almost like a parady it is, maybe it is naivety and not understanding people's thought process.

ajsccfc

Yes cos this is my area. And it seems racism is just a one way street according to a few bigots on here. Let's hope you or your kids never get racially attacked. The sheer fact many are questioning this woman is wrong. Would they if a black woman complained about a racial hate note?

Nobody believes only white people can be racist.

The reason I question whether you do hate to say 'but if it was a black person' is because you've just done it again.

It's a disgusting story, it doesn't need 'what if it was your kids' or 'there'd be uproar if it was someone else'. Hypothetical examples to make whatever point you're trying to make are unnecessary.

bigfatronssba

The sort of tactics used are very similar to what an Asian family living on my Grans road in Hillfields had to endure when I was a kid. Paint & graffiti all over the windows, threating letters and rubbish through the letterbox.

Nowadays in our politically correct world people have become unaware of this, as now someone saying a naughty joke is a horrible racist (when in actual fact the correct term would be xenophobe). So then when real racism (which is now very rare) happens it looks unrealistic.

The Lurker

I know a couple of people.

It is strange because of how blatant / almost like a parady it is, maybe it is naivety and not understanding people's thought process.

Ask them what it's like? And then come back to me. At night it's terrible. Somalian drug dealers are wrecking the community but if anyone says anything there racist. I hope it's just a one off incident but evidence from the housing association says otherwise. Why would they lie too?

The Lurker

Nobody believes only white people can be racist.

The reason I question whether you do hate to say 'but if it was a black person' is because you've just done it again.

It's a disgusting story, it doesn't need 'what if it was your kids' or 'there'd be uproar if it was someone else'. Hypothetical examples to make whatever point you're trying to make are unnecessary.

Because would people say it was a lie and jump against her if it was a black woman? The answer to that is no and you know that

ajsccfc

If people always believed and trusted black people, there'd be none of this racism to pretend people think only white folk are accused of.

bigfatronssba

If people always believed and trusted black people, there'd be none of this racism to pretend people think only white folk are accused of.

So while were making sweeping generalisations, do black people trust white people?

ajsccfc

Some people are racist and wouldn't automatically believe a black woman's story. Some people are racist and would intimidate a white mother being in the wrong area. These aren't sweeping generalisations as it's not 'white people do this, black people do that'.

bigfatronssba

Some people are racist and wouldn't automatically believe a black woman's story. Some people are racist and would intimidate a white mother being in the wrong area. These aren't sweeping generalisations as it's not 'white people do this, black people do that'.

No of course not.

But we all know how these things get treated. A black/Asian person gets attacked unprovoked its immediately a suspected racist assault.

A white person gets attacked and its just suspected assault. Or, as in this instance, the alleged victims character is called into question.

ajsccfc

I get what you mean, but attacks on minorities quickly being regarded as racial is also questioned, it's not quite the automatic truth. Nobody actually believes that only white people are capable of racism however. Nobody with any sense, at least.

For what it's worth, this story isn't being all that hidden away:

79wVmJ0.png

Prominent position on the most popular English language newspaper site on the internet, it'd only be higher in the page if it involved Isis, Eastenders or Kim Kardashian.

Users who are viewing this thread