Wolves Game (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Has something changed? They are obsessing over the keeper being a couple of inches off the line and a player a few inches in the box for a penalty.

This goes on every penalty doesn't it? It shouldn't but I have never heard pundits obsess over it.

no_loyalty

Has something changed? They are obsessing over the keeper being a couple of inches off the line and a player a few inches in the box for a penalty.

This goes on every penalty doesn't it? It shouldn't but I have never heard pundits obsess over it.

There is a new directive for penalties, var will monitor the keepers position to make sure they not off their line and likewise for players encroaching into the box.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

As long as it's applied consistently and for both sides equally I don't mind. Early on it'll be leading to god knows how many retakes and pundits will be 'it's ruining the game' when they should be saying 'why can't the dumbarses on the pitch keep to the rules'

I remember a little while ago Man U had a penalty which was saved and was ordered to be retaken because a defender had encroached in the area (Man U players had as well). Retake was scored but it clearly showed three Man U players in the area when the ball was struck but goal given. Why wasn't that a retake as well? Infuriating.

I always though the penalty spot was 12 yards so the keeper could take a step off his line? All other rules are a player has to be 10 yards away so why different for a penalty?

Users who are viewing this thread