With Lee Burge playing against Preston (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Mcquoid, Allsop and Couilbaly are the only ones involved that day who are no longer with the club. Obviously Mcquoid and Allsop weren't banished as they played after the FA cup match, Coulibaly was an unused substitute that day and was sent back a few days after I believe.

Nonleagueherewecome

Reda keeps banishing himself...

J

Jack Griffin

vanish10.jpg

With my insincere apologies to Reckitt Benckiser

skybluepm2

Ha ha the infamous Pressley rant, sending ripples through social media in an attempt to win back fans for his 'passion' and lay the blame solely at the players door.

It would be interesting if the Telegraph actually brought it up during their Friday interview instead of costing up to him about whether he will be wearing training gear or a suit.

'Steven, after the Cup fiasco you went absolutely ape shit and pretended you were going to 'banish' players 'make no mistake about that'. Well, it turns out it was a mistake in you saying yet more hollow words as it appears they are all still here you useless twat. Could you please elaborate? Also, congratulations on being the 1st manager to attempt and fail to implement 72 separate formations in one season.'

skybluedan

Ha ha the infamous Pressley rant, sending ripples through social media in an attempt to win back fans for his 'passion' and lay the blame solely at the players door.

It would be interesting if the Telegraph actually brought it up during their Friday interview instead of costing up to him about whether he will be wearing training gear or a suit.

'Steven, after the Cup fiasco you went absolutely ape shit and pretended you were going to 'banish' players 'make no mistake about that'. Well, it turns out it was a mistake in you saying yet more hollow words as it appears they are all still here you useless twat. Could you please elaborate? Also, congratulations on being the 1st manager to attempt and fail to implement 72 separate formations in one season.'
and even forgetting all that elvis Your a c**t

I know I don't have a great reputation when talking about keepers, but hear me out on this one. The kid made a mistake. Name me 1 person who has never made a mistake. Yes, it was a very high profile error but he deserves another go. I wouldn't chose him over Jones as in the 2 games I've seen him, he's looked better than Burge. But seeing as Jones cant play, get Burge between the sticks. Worse case scenario, we lose and go back to Jones on Tuesday. Best case, he does well and we have 2 keepers vying for the number 1 spot, which can never be a bad thing. Just give him a chance guys

torchomatic

Lee Burge. God Help Us.

Should be on a billboard somewhere.

Nick

Administrator
I know I don't have a great reputation when talking about keepers, but hear me out on this one. The kid made a mistake. Name me 1 person who has never made a mistake. Yes, it was a very high profile error but he deserves another go. I wouldn't chose him over Jones as in the 2 games I've seen him, he's looked better than Burge. But seeing as Jones cant play, get Burge between the sticks. Worse case scenario, we lose and go back to Jones on Tuesday. Best case, he does well and we have 2 keepers vying for the number 1 spot, which can never be a bad thing. Just give him a chance guys

It isn't just him getting sent off, it was the fact he was awful before that too.

TBF he wasn't the best, but I think the majority are still really pissed that he kicked that player up the arse. But Im willing to give him another go, and he's the only real option we have. RCC isn't ready yet IMO

runner

May be a stupid question, in fact am sure it is ... but why is Jones not able to play this weekend ?

Nonleagueherewecome

Alsop was bollocks before being dropped as well, wasn't he? When he came back in after Worcester, he was like a different player. If Burge has kicked on half as much since he was dropped, he'll do OK.

NorthernWisdom

My point, tbh, wasn't that we shouldn't give him a chance (we should), more that Pressley's claims of banishment have been, well.. spectacularly missing the boat!

Can hardly help discipline and respect when extreme threats turn out to be empty threats.

rupert_bear

Actually I think Burge if he was singled out by the manager was harshly treated, yes he was a dick kicking out at that player, getting himself sent off and giving that penalty away but in the heat of a moment things like that happen, it wasn't bad goalkeeping just a moment of madness

stupot07

Actually I think Burge if he was singled out by the manager was harshly treated, yes he was a dick kicking out at that player, getting himself sent off and giving that penalty away but in the heat of a moment things like that happen, it wasn't bad goalkeeping just a moment of madness

The freekick the week before was, as was the 2-3 times he recklessly came out of his area vs exeter on one occasion handling outside the box, and there are other examples. Not his fault he should have gone out on loan to league two and make his mistakes there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread