Windows 11 (1 Viewer)

JAM See

My laptop is still running absolutely fine. Hey ho, I'll just have to milk Windows 10 for a few years.

Almost like there's an agenda to get people to replace perfectly good hardware in order to run an new operating system.
1635345089547.png

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Got a MacBook Pro back in December 2018 and would never go back to Windows, it's shite, would rather have Linux.

JAM See

Got a MacBook Pro back in December 2018 and would never go back to Windows, it's shite, would rather have Linux.
I can't afford Stone Island winter coats or apple products.

I'm too stupid to go for linux.

Windows all the way for me (just a shame that an i5 7th gen isn't capable of running W11, seems a bit dodgy to me).

Skybluefaz

My laptop is still running absolutely fine. Hey ho, I'll just have to milk Windows 10 for a few years.

Almost like there's an agenda to get people to replace perfectly good hardware in order to run an new operating system.
View attachment 22446
If you can enable tpm you can manually install Windows 11 even though it says the processor doesn't support it. It's really just bells and whistles at the moment though. Not really worth upgrading.

Sick Boy

Windows all the way for me (just a shame that an i5 7th gen isn't capable of running W11, seems a bit dodgy to me).
I got an 8 year old refurbished MacBook Pro as my first one to try it out and its still going strong. Ubuntu is a relatively user friend OS which is worth checking out.

Liquid Gold

I spent £400 on a second hand macbook, had it for 7 years, probably spent £150 on maintenance over that time then sold it for £300 at the end.

They are well worth every penny too.

mds

View attachment 22446

Not sure if this will work using win update but i know it does using an iso from Microsoft.
Create a new text document.
Copy and paste the following 7 lines into it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig]
"BypassTPMCheck"=dword:00000001
"BypassSecureBootCheck"=dword:00000001
"BypassRAMCheck"=dword:00000001
"BypassStorageCheck"=dword:00000001
"BypassCPUCheck"=dword:00000001

Then save it as win11tpmcheck.reg
It can be named whatever you want but the extension needs to be .reg this creates a registry file which will change settings to bypass the requirement checks before the install starts.

Once saved, double click it to install the registry settings, windows will ask if you are sure you want to continue, just say yes.
Install win 11

Evo1883

Not a fan of Windows 11 because I'm struggling to overclock my controller on it 👎

Kieranp96

Hate it 🤣, wish I had my windows 10 key backed up, runs smooth but feels so weird and empty.
Upgraded back to windows 11 after er my headset stopped working, f knows what happened, just reinstalled windows 11 as I had windows 11 pro key and started working again 🤷.

olderskyblue

my headset stopped working, f knows what happened, just reinstalled windows 11 as I had windows 11 pro key and started working again 🤷.
you plugged them back in again? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread