Window Cleaners (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Just moved to Finham and would like to employ a window cleaner but in previous houses had someone randomly knock on my door and offer.

I know we’ve got one on here, don’t know if he covers Finham, how do I go about finding one? Do they have websites? Any recommendations?

Otis

Just moved to Finham and would like to employ a window cleaner but in previous houses had someone randomly knock on my door and offer.

I know we’ve got one on here, don’t know if he covers Finham, how do I go about finding one? Do they have websites? Any recommendations?
BBR is your man. Not his area of coverage, but his area of expertise.

There must be a window cleaners club or guild, or something. Maybe a monthly squeegee meeting.

Grendel

Most are now Mobile vans who run water through the van - it’s more expensive I guess but efficient

NorthernWisdom

Come and do mine whilst he’s at it as I’m Binley as well!

There is one who comes round here supposedly but in my 18 months of living here I haven’t seen him!!
One turned up once, but never again!

tbf I'm at work during the day I guess, but sure I paid him OK and asked him to come again. It can't have been that terrible a window cleaning experience!

bringbackrattles

Glad it’s not just me that doesn’t know where to find one.

@bringbackrattles what say you?
Just seen this. I had to get rid of my van to a garage as it was knackered. So as my round now is Walsgrave I don't need one, but when I worked with my mate,now passed away, we would work all over Cov.
I will ask a window cleaner I see on my round if he fancies taking on more work ?

Covstu

We had one do our windows without telling us and then get angry when we didn’t pay. They needed doing so we negotiated but wasn’t on really!

Grendel

Just seen this. I had to get rid of my van to a garage as it was knackered. So as my round now is Walsgrave I don't need one, but when I worked with my mate,now passed away, we would work all over Cov.
I will ask a window cleaner I see on my round if he fancies taking on more work ?

How much do you charge out of interest? I know houses are different but an average house?

Ranjit Bhurpa

No full house and ledges too. But I have some £10.00 as they have more windows. Customers keep me as I'm reasonable, as some charge a lot more.
Sacked ours off as it was £10 for no more than 5 minutes work. The windows were often full of streaks and some of the ledges were not done.
Also the 'I'll be round once a month' turned into every 3 weeks with constant hassle for payment. Not worth it in the end.
Does your round cover Cheshire BBR??

CJ_covblaze

We're up in Ash Green and ours goes all over the place. I think he lives in Hinckley. Next time I see him I'll get his number.

bringbackrattles

Sacked ours off as it was £10 for no more than 5 minutes work. The windows were often full of streaks and some of the ledges were not done.
Also the 'I'll be round once a month' turned into every 3 weeks with constant hassle for payment. Not worth it in the end.
Does your round cover Cheshire BBR??
These types give us a bad name. Good cleaners give a price, arrange when to clean, do a proper job, and are polite with customers,as with any business. I've got customers I've been with 20 years, so we're not all cowboys.

Otis

These types give us a bad name. Good cleaners give a price, arrange when to clean, do a proper job, and are polite with customers,as with any business. I've got customers I've been with 20 years, so we're not all cowboys.
So true and I should have thought about that when I hired Cassidy, Earp and Kid to do mine.

Nick

Administrator
Nobody scared about the window cleaner looking in for you to be sat there in your pants eating toast?

Grendel

Nobody scared about the window cleaner looking in for you to be sat there in your pants eating toast?

Most don’t use ladders now its tripod type flexi mops

bringbackrattles

Most don’t use ladders now its tripod type flexi mops
A couple of my customers said if I minded if they gave a cleaner who had a modern water hose system a clean on their windows ? I said no problem go ahead.
A month later they had me back, as he didn't clean the water off after he did the job, just sprayed the windows and that was it. End of the day most want the old fashioned way, squeegee and cloth, and a set of ladders with me going up and down them. Not someone with a water cannon !

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I’m not a million miles from you and we only said the other day we need one so I’ll let you know if we see one about, will speak to some of the neighbours as well see who they use.

Otis

Or at least give you their very finest biscuits and bring out the Lapsang Souchong.

shmmeee

Scared? That’s what I’m banking on!

Tell me where else you can get someone to watch you masturbate for £8.

Reactions: vow

bringbackrattles

That seems very reasonable.
Hope most give you a tenner and tell you to keep the change!?
Most do except the odd one or two. I mentioned Mr Ghandi on here before,he passed away recently, I liked him but very mean with money. He would short change you if you didn't watch him, he'd try it on with everybody. His wife would make me a curry to take home,only small meals in 2 butter boxes. But he would ask me to bring the boxes back ! He was notorious on his road !

Otis

Most do except the odd one or two. I mentioned Mr Ghandi on here before,he passed away recently, I liked him but very mean with money. He would short change you if you didn't watch him, he'd try it on with everybody. His wife would make me a curry to take home,only small meals in 2 butter boxes. But he would ask me to bring the boxes back ! He was notorious on his road !
But he had thousands of followers on Twitter.

Users who are viewing this thread