Wilson/Marosi (1 Viewer)

Malaka

I thought Wilson was doing a really good job in goal and thought Marosi might struggle to get his place back. Now Marosi is playing again does anyone think Wilson has done enough to keep his place? I wouldn't have a clue who to pick

rob9872

Wilson been a pleasant surprise for me, I was convinced Camp wasn't here for the bench, but not even close to the confidence I have in the side when Marosi is in and I'd bring him straight back in. It's a shame but not a position we can afford to gamble with.

Alkhen

Marosi for me but would be harsh on Wilson to drop him when he hasn't been making massive obvious errors. Seemed a genuinely nice (if a bit daft) lad on that recent podcast.

The Philosopher

Pre-Injury Marosi straight back in.

Now having had his head put back together...?

Will he so willingly stick his head back in there? Will he psychologically hang back on a 50/50?

The brain is a funny old thing and controls the body (usually) - Marco might think he’s the same as before, but....

Only way to find out is for him to get some competitive games. That’s not U23s where even strikers won’t want to put their body-on the line like they would in the first team.

If there’s a L2 club that needs a first choice keeper for a month I’d send him there.

Harry_Walker

Marosi but I hope he has watched how Wilson doesn’t piss about with the ball in his own area as much.

hopefully hasn’t been watching Wilson pass it out tho, poor ball out giving Sheff Wed the free kick they scored from (also got lost in no mans land) and he did the same against Preston

Terry Gibson's perm

We need a little mixture of both but I have been pleasantly surprised with Wilson I thought it was going to be a disaster

Johnnythespider

I would put Marosi straight back in when ready, i think Wilson has proved himself worthy of being number 2 which is a bonus as most didn't think he was up to it, i think he should have saved the third the other night.

Sky Blue Harry H

If we're going with a back 4. can we play 2 keepers - Adge will tell us if it's legal or not?!

The Philosopher

Is this part a joke I'm not getting?
No,

I’d hate for Robins to bring Marosi back in without seeing if he’s ready. Let’s say he bottles one and it costs us... he confidence would be shot, plus Robins might get criticism.

Marco needs a few competitive games where there’s less risk to us as a club and in the best interest of our player.

Just my opinion.

johnwillomagic

I think Marosi should come back in eventually just not too sure if Wednesday game is just a little too soon for him or not.
If he feels fit and medical team and Mark Robins feel he is mentally right I would play him against Sheffield.

That said I do not think we need to rush him back - I was one of very few to say give Wilson a go about 90% wrote him off and I am pleased he proved me right and most others wrong. I would not have a problem with him continuing and doing a soid job if Marosi understandably needs a bit more recovery time and minutes before being thrown back in at the deep end.

shepardo01

We need a little mixture of both but I have been pleasantly surprised with Wilson I thought it was going to be a disaster
This exactly!!

Wilson has performed far better than in his previous appearances for us in cup games.
Anybody who has seen Marosi should be able to see that his command of the 18 yard box and anything ariel coming into that is not great. Far inferior to that of Wilson - This will be even more of a worry after his injury.
People have made comparisons between the distribution of the two, stating that Wilson's is superior. From hands, Wilson yes, and probably from the floor too, but I do think Marosi, generally, makes slightly better decisions in terms of when having the ball at his feet, and i say generally here -sometimes they are poor, but have caused less issues than a couple of Wilson's from the floor recently -Sheffield Wednesday for example.

From a shot stopping perspective, Wilson let himself down on Tuesday with the third from distance. You have to be backing your keeper to save those. But again, I don't think there has been much difference at all between the two.

I honestly don't think it is as cut and dried as saying "Marosi straight back in". Particularly after an injury of the type that he has.

Tough call for Robins, only he will know what the intentions are and how Marosi has been affected by his injury..

As I have stated on here before. Before Marosi's injury, the club were actively looking for a goalkeeper with some Championship experience.

cc84cov

My Wolves supporting mate didn't watch the Reading game but as soon as he saw the highlights he sent me a message about how shite Wilson was, and how he completely flapped at the third goal. Marosi has to come back in.
Marosi will walk back into the team

Paxman II

Wilson has been very good up until Reading tbf. Should you replace? Yes No1 must be restored if fully fit and ready. That's how it works.

NorthernWisdom

Wilson has performed far better than in his previous appearances for us in cup games.
He has, and it's been a welcome relief. I don't think he's done enough to keep his place once Marosi's up to speed, but he's hopefully done enough to make sure we don't rush Marosi back, and allow him a competitive game or two for the U23s first to check all is OK. Until Marosi's back at 100%, Wilson should stay in.

Skyblueweeman

I'm pleased Wilson has been better than many of the experts on here thought he would do. Fair play to him for coming in and taking over in a tricky situation (away from home permanently, club towards the bottom, conceding goals more than we'd like and a section of fans assuming he'd be as much use as a one handed keeper).

Marosi is obviously a good keeper though and a crucial component of our defence. Defo needs to come back in as soon as he can.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No,

I’d hate for Robins to bring Marosi back in without seeing if he’s ready. Let’s say he bottles one and it costs us... he confidence would be shot, plus Robins might get criticism.

Marco needs a few competitive games where there’s less risk to us as a club and in the best interest of our player.

Just my opinion.

I think you could find that out with U23 games.

If he's only on loan for a month somewhere is he going to be any more/less likely to put himself on the line that in our U23 vying to get his first team place back?

Samo

It will be Wilson until he makes a howler, and then Marosi will be back in like greased shit off a Teflon shovel

SBT

Happy for Wilson to have stepped up - supposedly he's a good guy to have around the dressing room, and he's clearly having the ride of his life right now (this will probably end up being the high point of his career). But there's no question Marosi comes straight back in as soon as he's available.

aloisijohnnyaloisi

My Wolves supporting mate didn't watch the Reading game but as soon as he saw the highlights he sent me a message about how shite Wilson was, and how he completely flapped at the third goal. Marosi has to come back in.
😂

You mean the free kick that flew like a rocket straight into the top corner? Tell your mate that he's full of shit.

Warwickhunt

wilson is doing ok but i was a bit suss about how he got beat by that free kick 35 yards out

Grendel

shepardo01

Playing out clearly does more good than bad considering its led to promotion and a better than expected championship thus far
Heard a stat this week that statistically, playing the ball out from the back, advances the ball, in possession, higher up the pitch than a kick from the keeper does!

Users who are viewing this thread