William Amamoo (1 Viewer)

Peter Griffin

From Ghanasoccernet:

Coventry City-bound Ghanaian goalkeeper, William Amamoo,has been handed his first call-up to the Black Stars ahead of this month's international friendly against Australia in Sydney.

Amamoo was voted the 2007 best goalkeeper in the Romanian Liga II side, Liberty Salonta,after keeping a clean sheet in 28 matches.

He signed a two-year deal with Austria-based professional goalkeeper sportswear firm,Keeper Sports, after his exploits in the Romanian League.

Amamoo comes into the Black Stars at time first choice goalkeeper,Richard Kingson,is injured and Sammy Adjei retired from the national team.

''I had a call from Eddie Ansah telling me he's been monitoring me quietly and I must say I'm honoured to be part of the national team,'' Ghanasoccernet.com

''I can see i'm improving in my game and can get better with time. The sky is the limit for me.''

Amamoo will begin his Coventry career beginning 1 June when his Swedish passport is picked up.

Coventry escaped relegation in the English Championship by a point this season.

Never heard of the bloke! I'm guessing Dimi's days are numbered. Hopefully then it'll be Schmeichel, Marshall and this guy.

Users who are viewing this thread