Will Trust and Rob s be at Ricoh today (1 Viewer)

MichaelCCFC

Just a thought but will Trust and Rob S be there today for people to ask about what's going on, plans for protest etc? I was hoping someone with more info than me would know this thing about whether political groups might make their decisions on Monday so in worst case scenario decisions could have been made about the deal before Monday night's Trust meeting???

Nick

Administrator
Pretty sure most people will be there watching the game.

Do you mean like a Q and A session?

torchomatic

I have to say the Trust have been quiet as the Club on the whole Wasps thing.

wingy

Trust should be there as usual ,under the Gazebo as you come up through the tunnel under the Railway.

MichaelCCFC

There's 174 people viewing this site, Monday night's Trust meeting might get about 100 (??) so however low today's crowd is it'll be a lot more than those figures so if people are serious about opposing the wasps deal today is the best chance to talk to the largest number of city fans. just a thought

Steve.B50

The Sky Blue a Trust are now at every home game. We have an area put by at every game for people to come and sake such questions.

Otis

There's 174 people viewing this site, Monday night's Trust meeting might get about 100 (??) so however low today's crowd is it'll be a lot more than those figures so if people are serious about opposing the wasps deal today is the best chance to talk to the largest number of city fans. just a thought

Unfortunately there is still some confusion of what exactly the deal is. That doesn't help any. Some are now talking of a CCFC takeover.

Think the one thing we are all pretty unanimous on is the opposition to Wasps coming in as a franchise team and them making Coventry their new home.

For everything else, the goalposts keep seemingly moving (Ranson, takeover, Joy saying no interference from Sisu to the deal etc.)

Nick

Administrator
How will they talk to so many fans though? There is the tent isn't there where people can approach them.

Might not have been enough time for flyers or anything

chiefdave

Unfortunately there is still some confusion of what exactly the deal is. That doesn't help any. Some are now talking of a CCFC takeover.

Think the one thing we are all pretty unanimous on is the opposition to Wasps coming in as a franchise team and them making Coventry their new home.

For everything else, the goalposts keep seemingly moving (Ranson, takeover, Joy saying no interference from Sisu to the deal etc.)

Totally agree. Before Sepalla's statement through GCBTR and the rumours started by Reid I would have been up for attending an organised protest. Now I'm not so sure. If everything being said is correct it could even work out better for the club for this deal to go through. Yes we would end up with some people with a less than glorious past back in charge but we'd have the club and ground united, be permanently back in Cov and rid of SISU. Not to mention being a much more attractive prospect for any future potential owner.

letsallsingtogether

Totally agree. Before Sepalla's statement through GCBTR and the rumours started by Reid I would have been up for attending an organised protest. Now I'm not so sure. If everything being said is correct it could even work out better for the club for this deal to go through. Yes we would end up with some people with a less than glorious past back in charge but we'd have the club and ground united, be permanently back in Cov and rid of SISU. Not to mention being a much more attractive prospect for any future potential owner.

skybluetony176

Feel exactly the same. In the morning yesterday I was making sure Simon Gilbert had a link to the wasps petition on his article so I could sign it when I got in from work, by the time I got home Joy and Les had convinced me not to, well at least not yet. I don't think this was their intention, I think their intention was to whip up such hysteria amongst fans that we'd fight the council for SISU as SISU have ran out of other options.

I'm not convinced on the extent of the wasps involvement, I'm not convinced that are not just fronting this bid to gain a base for European games and nothing else, I can see the possibility that this will end SISU's involvement in the club as it will end all possibility of ever obtaining the Ricoh, I see the possibility of this consortium real interest is acquiring CCFC by distressing SISU and unite club and stadium.

Of course non of these things could be the case and this really could be the worst thing to ever happen to the club.

But I think I owe it to myself and the club I support to find out the truth or as near to the truth as possible before I commit myself to the possibility of being played by SISU to get their investment (that's their investment not the club) out of the shit at the expense of the club.

For the first time in years us fans could be in the driving seat and we might not even realise it.

NorthernWisdom

I fail to see how anything involving owners who wish to move sporting teams is a good thing.

This reminds me far too much of when SISU came in, the desperation to get the incumbents out leads usually sane people to take leave of their senses, and not realise they're selling their soul to Satan.

skybluetony176

I fail to see how anything involving owners who wish to move sporting teams is a good thing.

This reminds me far too much of when SISU came in, the desperation to get the incumbents out leads usually sane people to take leave of their senses, and not realise they're selling their soul to Satan.

That's the thing. We don't actually know if that's the case. We're certainly being allowed to think that's the case but what facts do we actually know? The majority view has been formed on here say using words like franchise.

The way all this has come out with the escalation yesterday just doesn't sit right with me. I don't think we've seen the whole picture and the sound bites we have heard has been just enough to get our imaginations going and build us into a frenzy.

We need more details.

Rusty Trombone

That's the thing. We don't actually know if that's the case. We're certainly being allowed to think that's the case but what facts do we actually know? The majority view has been formed on here say using words like franchise.

The way all this has come out with the escalation yesterday just doesn't sit right with me. I don't think we've seen the whole picture and the sound bites we have heard has been just enough to get our imaginations going and build us into a frenzy.

We need more details.

Well put Tony. I find it slightly odd that after Rob's meeting with Joy where she told him she wasn't bothered about the Ricoh and wanted a new ground, that he then focuses his attention on the Council, when surely it would be better to get Joy to change her mind.

skybluetony176

Well put Tony. I find it slightly odd that after Rob's meeting with Joy where she told him she wasn't bothered about the Ricoh and wanted a new ground, that he then focuses his attention on the Council, when surely it would be better to get Joy to change her mind.

The part I can't buy into is that after rent strikes, moving to Northampton and the litigation all of which is widely believed to be an attempt to distress ACL she is now going to step to one side and let someone else pick it up for what seems like a bargain. I just don't buy it.

So why did she say it?

NorthernWisdom

We need more details.

I'd say if anybody involved with Wasps wants to buy the Ricoh, they're not the people for us!

skybluetony176

I'd say if anybody involved with Wasps wants to buy the Ricoh, they're not the people for us!

Let's find out first then if that's the case. Do you not get the feeling that all we've heard is some selective soundbites of half truths?

Don't get me wrong. If this Wasps whatever it is, is the worst thing for the club I'll back the devil I know, SISU.

I only want what's best for the club (the best available to it anyway).

chiefdave

Moving Wasps seems to rank about as well as moving us to Sixfields in terms of a good business sense. Look at the crowds they're getting now, even if everyone of them turned up, and everyone abandoned Cov RFC the stadium would still be well under a third full. However for Euro games they need a stadium with at least 15K capacity. I see the sense in the idea they are involved with ACL from a business perspective but just play Euro games here. Makes even more sense if the owner of Wasps is involved in a consortium who want to take over CCFC.

shmmeee

While I don't disagree, at some point there's going to have to be a bit of beggars can't be choosers about sports team owners. Not like the pool of potential owners if overflowing with wealthy, ethical people.

NorthernWisdom

While I don't disagree, at some point there's going to have to be a bit of beggars can't be choosers about sports team owners. Not like the pool of potential owners if overflowing with wealthy, ethical people.

There's a difference between the mildy dubious, and the downright catastrophic however.

Simon Jordan, ultimately, didn't work out for Palace, but I'd still say he was a decent type of owner... on the other side of the scale, the bunch at Shrewsbury etc seem reasonable (I await being proved wrong on that btw).

We, however, would end up with a groundswell of support for the likes of Tommy Agombar if he expressed interest.

skybluetony176

It's a shame there are no grounds big enough to host European games in London really.

Obviously there is but are they available to a rugby team and are they financially viable? It's not like they haven't played at the Ricoh before for European games. The sums obviously adds up or they wouldn't be back there this season.

Bad information can only make bad decisions and I'm not convinced that we have good information at this moment in time and we definitely don't have all the information at this moment in time.

NorthernWisdom

Obviously there is but are they available to a rugby team and are they financially viable? It's not like they haven't played at the Ricoh before for European games. The sums obviously adds up or they wouldn't be back there this season.

What's especially important is the most financially viable move.

I reckon we'd get a cheaper rent deal on a stadium in Belfast.

Let's do-o-o-o it!

skybluetony176

What's especially important is the most financially viable move.

I reckon we'd get a cheaper rent deal on a stadium in Belfast.

Let's do-o-o-o it!

I didn't mention rent I said viability. That's a balance between cost and income. Renting in Belfast however cheap probably wouldn't bring enough of a crowd to make it financially viable. By the same token the London grounds that are available to them might be so expensive that they can't get a crowd big enough to make them financially viable. Maybe they've found that playing European games at the Ricoh is a happy medium for them.

Besides you're missing my point. Just because the wasps are fronting this bid doesn't mean it's about franchising them out.

Just because Colonel Sanders face is on the bucket it doesn't mean he's out the back cooking the chicken.

stupot07

Bad information can only make bad decisions and I'm not convinced that we have good information at this moment in time and we definitely don't have all the information at this moment in time.

Correct me of I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they haven only played at the Ricoh once and that was because we were hosting both semi finals of the Heineken Cup?

It's a bit like is turning up to wembley and saying "well we have played here before..." (Obviously on a slightly smaller scale)

I keep seeing this as an excuse for them moving...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluetony176

Not really. You appear to be the one justifying Wasps playing games in Coventry because it's more financially viable than London...

Like I said missing the point. I'm saying that in reality wasps may be as about involved in this as Colonel Sanders is in cooking your family bucket.

skybluetony176

Correct me of I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they haven only played at the Ricoh once and that was because we were hosting both semi finals of the Heineken Cup?

It's a bit like is turning up to wembley and saying "well we have played here before..." (Obviously on a slightly smaller scale)

I keep seeing this as an excuse for them moving...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Who's actually said they're moving?

Users who are viewing this thread