Will the Olympic Games have any bearing on any potential deal/takeover? (1 Viewer)

covross

The Ricoh will be used for 11 games at the Olympics. With these games almost guaranteed to be sold out there is a lot of money to be made. So will this mean SISU try and thrash out a deal with the council to make some money from the games, or Hoffmans team do a deal with the council so they can re-coop money straight away from their investment. Or will the council wait until after the Olympics for any deal so they can keep all the money for themselves. It must be a factor.

Grendel

None of the parties involved will make any real money out of the games. I suspect also most of them are not yet sold out - a report today said they are struggling to sell all the football tickets though it did not specify which.

covross

When you say wont make any real money, 32000 X at least 20 pounds a ticket X 11 matches = nearly 7.5 million. That's not including food, drink, car park revenue. 7.5 million would build a few hotels or get Cov promoted from League 1.

derbyskyblue

When you say wont make any real money, 32000 X at least 20 pounds a ticket X 11 matches = nearly 7.5 million. That's not including food, drink, car park revenue. 7.5 million would build a few hotels or get Cov promoted from League 1.
Sounds like real money to me, factor in a couple of conderts in the close season. It all adds up to serious money. Money that should belong to ccfc.

pw362

Apparently they are struggling to sell tickets for womens football. BBC reported that only 11000 tickets sold for GB womens opening game at millenium stadium. Ricoh staging 7 womens matches .

Astute

They should use the same kit as for volleyball. They would sell out every game just like volleyball does

KarmicChris

The money doesn't go to the owners though or at least not all of it. All to do with sponsership and that jazz. Imagine most of it will go to the pockets of the London 2012 organisers

PhilWasn'tBabb

The money doesn't go to the owners though or at least not all of it. All to do with sponsership and that jazz. Imagine most of it will go to the pockets of the London 2012 organisers

Yeah I can't see either the club making any money out of the olympic in any circumstances... the organisers are even charging people to stand on the side of the road to watch the cycling!!!

There worst worst kind of money grubbers

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I doubt there would be much in it for them... And of course they are failing to sell tickets... Who the hell cares about the Olympics? Everyone I know Is talking about the Euros now that the season is over. Nobody cares about cycling and diving or throwing stuff, The only reason anybody goes is because its so hyped up and we are told to be excited. I'm not even going to watch it.

Godiva

They should use the same kit as for volleyball. They would sell out every game just like volleyball does

Especially if they used the kits for beach volley.
And it should be mandatory they exchange tops after the match.

Grendel

The IOC make most of the money from the Olympics. Owners of the stadium only take a small percentage.

Users who are viewing this thread