Will someone Eakin, Foster, Linnell ask the question ? (2 Viewers)

rupert_bear

To our c.e.o. why did he award Steven Pressley a new 4 year contract ? For any would be interested party in getting hold of the club this has to be a massive deterent. Surely they would soon jettison the hapless Pressley but could leave them with a massive millstone, possibly in the region of half a million quid. Why ?

ajsccfc

If they inserted a get-out clause in a contract to move grounds, I'd imagine they'd include one in a contract for a manager.

dongonzalos

To be honest the only person actually brave enough to ask the questions people want asking is Shane Oconnor.
When was the last time you actually heard the people who should be asking the tricky questions having the guts to ask them?

dongonzalos

I personally think he got a four year contract because he agrees with the concept of bringing through our under 18's and having a whole squad based in them. Playing the 'Coventry Way'

Last edited:

Senior Vick from Alicante

To be honest the only person actually brave enough to ask the questions people want asking is Shane Oconnor.
When was the last time you actually heard the people who should be asking the tricky questions having the guts to ask them?

I think the problem that all the local media outlets face with the Muppets who own us is that if they say anything at all out of the box then they will get their access to the club revoked. I think they genuinely see it as better being on the inside and getting some information than getting none at all. It may be that interviewers are told that they can only ask certain things and to skirt across others at their peril. Perhaps SG could give an indication? If not why not?

letsallsingtogether

I think the problem that all the local media outlets face with the Muppets who own us is that if they say anything at all out of the box then they will get their access to the club revoked. I think they genuinely see it as better being on the inside and getting some information than getting none at all. It may be that interviewers are told that they can only ask certain things and to skirt across others at their peril. Perhaps SG could give an indication? If not why not?

Well from previous experience we know this to be true.:(

Nick

Administrator
I thought the fans wanted him here at the time he got the contract and it was good news?

jabharty

Everyone wanted him to sign one, that's why. He certainly wasn't 'hapless' when we were on a 7 match unbeaten run, and people were worried he would leave for next to nothing to a championship club.

chiefdave

Remember when he was interview on Sky after the Gillingham game how there was a group of fans behind him going on about what an amazing manager he was. That was around the time the new contract was signed wasn't it? Certainly before our form totally collapsed.

Terry Gibson's perm

Remember when he was interview on Sky after the Gillingham game how there was a group of fans behind him going on about what an amazing manager he was. That was around the time the new contract was signed wasn't it? Certainly before our form totally collapsed.

I am not one of those I thought he was the wrong choice at the start, in the middle and now at what is hopefully the end. I am sure that another manager could get more out of these players but don't ask me who and it's Waggott's job to know that answer.

The Reverend Skyblue

Everyone wanted him to sign one, that's why. He certainly wasn't 'hapless' when we were on a 7 match unbeaten run, and people were worried he would leave for next to nothing to a championship club.

Sorry but not everyone wanted him to sign a new one , you can't speak for everyone.

its simply not true at all

Gazolba

I think he is a dead man walking if he keeps praising up these players.

Players should be praised in public and criticised in private. Any good manager will tell you that. You would only criticise a player publicly if you intend to get rid of him very soon. To do otherwise would be very counter-productive.

Last edited:

Astute

I was never sure about him. We had the best strike force in this division. But they were having to score lots of goals just to make up for those we were letting in all the time. A decent manager would have had us winning many more games. We have always made silly mistakes when he has been in charge. Outplayed our opponents until we scored and then try to hold on for a 1-0. Not good when you score after 5 mins.

chiefdave

Players should be praised in public and criticised in private. Any good manager will tell you that. You would only criticise a player publicly if you intend to get rid of him very soon. To do otherwise would be very counter-productive.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he keeps singling out players and slating them but to come on the radio and keep saying how terrific everything is when we keep losing makes him look like an idiot. He can just give a general we were rubbish and need to be better without naming names.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think anyone is suggesting he keeps singling out players and slating them but to come on the radio and keep saying how terrific everything is when we keep losing makes him look like an idiot. He can just give a general we were rubbish and need to be better without naming names.
Exactly, he can show he is unhappy generally. To keep saying how proud he is when we have lost makes him look deluded.

zuni

Eakin was getting just a touch arsey on last night's phone in when people called to say he needs to stop giving waggot et al an easy ride when questioning them.....he does throw his toys out very easy.

skybluepm2

To our c.e.o. why did he award Steven Pressley a new 4 year contract ? For any would be interested party in getting hold of the club this has to be a massive deterent. Surely they would soon jettison the hapless Pressley but could leave them with a massive millstone, possibly in the region of half a million quid. Why ?

None of them have the contents in their testicles to ask such a question. Same old drivel rolled out every week; particularly from Eakin and Linnell. Biggest pair of bellends on the radio.

stupot07

Eakin was getting just a touch arsey on last night's phone in when people called to say he needs to stop giving waggot et al an easy ride when questioning them.....he does throw his toys out very easy.

Eaken has definitely gotten more obnoxious this season. The only opinion that's ever valid is his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

Eaken has definitely gotten more obnoxious this season. The only opinion that's ever valid is his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

So would I if I have to talk to nasal Nigel and Alan from Wyken every week.

dongonzalos

I am glad people are trying to get the message over
He should listen to his listeners.
The job is not just about doing the easy bits. As a radio presenter every now and then you have to upset people and I don't just mean the easy target (sky blues fans) I mean the owners ask the obvious questions that Shane does and actually question the answers you get.

lordsummerisle

Yeah, can see it now.

Billionaire Chinese/Arab/Russian/Indian invester(delete according to preference): "I would quite like to buy a football club in England, one I can build up to success, How about Coventry City is it? Think it's in London.

Advisor(googling frantically on his ipad): "Not exactly in London sir, but may be some better options, they are in League One.."

Billionaire: "League One! Excellent, that must be the best!"

Advisor: "Er, not really sir, Top is Premier League, then Championship, then League One, strange I know"

Billionaire: "Is ok, make special project, everybody love me".

Advisor(still looking on google): "They do have a few more problems though sir, they have around £60 million in liabilities, don't own a ground, rent one from a Rugby team"

Billionaire: "What is this Rugby?"

Advisor(googling): "Er, really not sure sir, but not eactly a Worlfwide sport. Anyway, as I was saying, they have these huge liabllities, no ground and struggling in the Third Tier of English Football"

Billionaire: "Is no problem, will pay whatever is needed, I like Blue Sky team already, will build 80,000 seat stadium for them, is no problem. Who is the manager?"

Advisor: "Appears to be somebody called Mr Stephen Pressley on a four year contract"

Billinaire: "Stephen Pressley? On a four year contract? They can get fucked, deal is off""

rupert_bear

Yeah, can see it now.

Billionaire Chinese/Arab/Russian/Indian invester(delete according to preference): "I would quite like to buy a football club in England, one I can build up to success, How about Coventry City is it? Think it's in London.

Advisor(googling frantically on his ipad): "Not exactly in London sir, but may be some better options, they are in League One.."

Billionaire: "League One! Excellent, that must be the best!"

Advisor: "Er, not really sir, Top is Premier League, then Championship, then League One, strange I know"

Billionaire: "Is ok, make special project, everybody love me".

Advisor(still looking on google): "They do have a few more problems though sir, they have around £60 million in liabilities, don't own a ground, rent one from a Rugby team"

Billionaire: "What is this Rugby?"

Advisor(googling): "Er, really not sure sir, but not eactly a Worlfwide sport. Anyway, as I was saying, they have these huge liabllities, no ground and struggling in the Third Tier of English Football"

Billionaire: "Is no problem, will pay whatever is needed, I like Blue Sky team already, will build 80,000 seat stadium for them, is no problem. Who is the manager?"

Advisor: "Appears to be somebody called Mr Stephen Pressley on a four year contract"

Billinaire: "Stephen Pressley? On a four year contract? They can get fucked, deal is off""
Sometimes, like me you can be a bit of an arse, but I like it !!

Users who are viewing this thread