Will Shaw Resign? (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Will Shawsy resign if he isn't offered the managers job?

If a new manager comes in will the new manager and Shaw have some differences? Makes the relationship difficult? One wanted the job and didn't get it and will have to work with someone he was in competition with?

Awkward situation possibly brewing.

CJparker

Fairly normal situation in football generally - I think it will be down to the new manager, whether he is happy to work with Shaw or whether he wants to bring in his own people (and what CCFC can afford)

Nick

Administrator
I could understand if he had won every game 3-0 and had a strong case to be the manager...

SkyBlue_Bear83

As Nick says he can really have no complaints when he doesn't get the managers job

Fisher and Waggott need their heads checking if they have Shaw in the final short list

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I recall Fisher saying that the interviewed managers were all told that Shaw and Carsley had to stay in their current roles?!?

Nick

Administrator
Yep I think they were told the backroom staff would stay, I think the post was "Will Shaw walk if he doesn't get the managers job?"

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Yep I think they were told the backroom staff would stay, I think the post was "Will Shaw walk if he doesn't get the managers job?"

I made the comment more in respect of post #2, in which - understandably - there was comment that Shaw's tenure would depend on the incoming manager; whereas I was trying to add that my understanding was that the new manager needed to be prepared to accept Shaw's role - this being central to the appointment. As such, it's less up to the new manager and more up to Shaw.

Unless Fisher's changed his mind again, of course :whistle:

Nick

Administrator
Would you quit your job if you didn't get the promotion you were after?

It would depend if I could walk into another job that is better than my job, like the job I was after but somewhere else.

If I left because I didn't get my own way then it would just make me look bad.

Greggs

The question is, after this dreadful run, will the players respect him anymore? Tough and silly situation we have got ourselves in :jerkit:

CJparker

He surely wouldn't walk otu a well-paid job to go on the dole - presumably he has a mortgage to pay and mouths to feed

AFCCOVENTRY

I suppose this could answer my question

According to a tweet from Birmngham based Free Radio station reporter Joe Holt, Richard Shaw is not in the running for the Coventry City manager's job as claimed by the CT this morning.
Holt's tweet says; "Richard Shaw is not in the running for the #Coventry managers job and will work for the new boss when he's appointed "

Users who are viewing this thread