Will Doyle get a testimonial ? (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I hope so. But given the predicament of the club could it actually not happen ?
I'd like to give him the send off he deserved as his departure came a little bit too quickly .

Legia Sky Blue

Unlike a few on here, I'm a fan of Doyle and what he brings to a team, but footballers earn such good money these days that testimonials seem a bit of an irrelevance given their wealth. That said I know some players use it as charitable event, and if he were to do that I would probably be more supportive of the idea.

chiefdave

I hope so. But given the predicament of the club could it actually not happen ?
I'd like to give him the send off he deserved as his departure came a little bit too quickly .
Only if its at Nuneaton. Club tried to have a game for Jimmy Hill raising money for his legacy fund and Wasps wouldn't let them use the Ricoh.

pusbccfc

I'd worry only 3/4k would turn up.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I'd worry that if there is absolutely no mention of a testimonial from the club towards the end of the season it sends a message that there will be no club.
......unless he's only done 9 years of course !

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I'd worry that if there is absolutely no mention of a testimonial from the club towards the end of the season it sends a message that there will be no club.
......unless he's only done 9 years of course !
Surely the club arranging the “evening with the soccer Saturday crew” and signing players in January for the summer should give you a bit of confidence

luwalla

Unlike a few on here, I'm a fan of Doyle and what he brings to a team, but footballers earn such good money these days that testimonials seem a bit of an irrelevance given their wealth. That said I know some players use it as charitable event, and if he were to do that I would probably be more supportive of the idea.
Yeah I think pretty much all pro players now donate it to charity ... although I have a heard of a few dodgy stories in that front too!! Involving a team we used to sing about shifting on and player with the same surname as a snooker world. Champ

Last edited:

Grendel

I don't think its a huge benefit anyway - don't they get taxed at 50% now? Also would have to pay for hiring the pitch, stewards safety officers etc.

Adge

Depends who the opposition is-remember when Celtic came and the place was full. Think that was Richard Shaws testimonial when Dion was playing for Celtic?

Users who are viewing this thread