Video Why & what made you a Coventry Supporter (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

It was entirely by choice I chose Coventry City as my team.

Didn’t know my dad, so no influence there. My mum doesn’t care about any sports. The only influence really was my grandad, hailing from Belfast and a primarily golfer, a ‘soft’ Coventry (only really going to games in the 60s or 70s) and Celtic supporter. He implanted the idea of supporting your ‘local team’ and somehow, I became fanatic from a very young age.

Didn’t get the opportunity to go to games because no one could take me... yet I was glued to Gillette Soccer Saturday every week without fail.

That’s my story, and showed from a very young age my lack of common sense!

johnwillomagic

No Logic in it really, born in Essex so West Ham should probably have been my team.

Earliest memory is the 4-0 win over Liverpool that my grandad allowed me to stay up for to see highlights.
I was hooked since then age 9 and never looked back or considered switching allegiance.

My first game live was a 5-1 victory over Liverpool at Highfield Road.

Absolutely love the sky blue army and think our support is absolutely fantastic, not a season ticket holder but get to as many
home and away games as I can. Whatsmore have taken many friends to coventry games who would never have dreamt of going
but absolutely love it know as Coventry Kev despite never living there.

Stay safe and healthy all and regardless of what unfolds with this season look forward to celebrating anyhow when we can all go and watch the sky blues again
whenever that may be,

Saddlebrains

My Grandfather fell ill Christmas 1999. Him and my Grandmother season ticket holders in the family stand. Due to him being ill it was decided i should have the ticket.

And what a game. When we beat arsenal 3-2 Boxing day. The talent on display with both teams. The floodlights. The atmosphere. The smell. The view. All of it.

9 years old and still remember it like yesterday.

Bestowed onto my children now so i spose its a family trait!

ccfctommy

My Grandfather fell ill Christmas 1999. Him and my Grandmother season ticket holders in the family stand. Due to him being ill it was decided i should have the ticket.

And what a game. When we beat arsenal 3-2 Boxing day. The talent on display with both teams. The floodlights. The atmosphere. The smell. The view. All of it.

9 years old and still remember it like yesterday.

Bestowed onto my children now so i spose its a family trait!

Wow. What a brilliant first game!

Fergusons_Beard

Born in Walsgrave, brought up in Earlsdon. Dad took me to 1st game in 1974 but I can’t remember which one.
Absolutely obsessed with the 1977 team and also that Admiral Tramlines kit.
I was always Mick Ferguson playing on the street.
Moved to Sheffield age 9 and have lived here ever since. Always support your home town club when people ask me ( unless you a son or daughter of a Cov fan-then obviously that rule doesn’t apply & they just support Cov!).
Have a pathological hatred of Sheffield Weds as got beaten up by quite a bit by my Sheff Weds supporting school chums. (Which happened a lot because we were their bogey team in the 80’s).
87 cup run a miracle as a 17 year old-I got to watch the quarter and semi while walking from my home. Watched the final in the Spurs end (but that’s another story!).
Wear my city shirt with pride even in my 50th year and there’s still people who say ‘are you STILL supporting Coventry to which I answer of course I fucking am!!
Still absolutely obsessed with City so much so that in a complete depressed state about the current shenanigans and this is my first post on here for 4 weeks.
Pusb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

covmark

Born and raised in Cheyelsmore. Moved away when I was 10. As it turned out I moved to the isle of wight. Where my best mate at school was also from Cov. Made it easier that there were two of us fighting the tide of Man utd and Arsenal fans.
Couldn't imagine supporting anyone else.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread