Why the Weekend is massive for our season (1 Viewer)

ccfc1234

We have had a great start with a few wobbles. Looking at the table and history there will always be teams who are in and around the top 6. Chesterfield from what I have seen look like such a team. They fight hard and are together without any superstars (like 50% of the teams in L1).
These teams will come and enjoy the Ricoh and play with freedom and battle hard. We have no right to beat these teams but on ability alone in forward areas we should have more than enough for most back fours.

In summery this weekend we will be just playing for 3 points but I also see it as an accurate marker as to how we will fair against the grittier teams league one is inundated with.

Last edited:

Mr pot

Every game is tough. Seemed the after the first two games maddisson helped keep Armstrong unchecked. Every game has been different in many ways. The only thing that has really changed is that if we go behind we all have the believe we can come back and win. That in itself is a huge improvement

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

What I've seen of L1 this season the standard appears to be higher than previous seasons.
Teams seem better organised, trying to play more football & the division looks more skill full.

georgehudson

well said ccfc1234,
3pts would go a long way towards convincing the CCFC floating fans that they should be @ the ricoh more often,
also, here's hoping that we get a fair deal from the ref & his assistants

Kingokings204

It is a big game this Saturday but aren't they all. Now we win and last Saturday is forgotten and we should move up a place or two and create a feel good factor at the Ricoh as we would have been unbeaten so far at the Ricoh.

However is we lose it would be one win in four and the unbeaten Ricoh start has gone.

Football is all about the last result. If you win a lot is forgotten and you naturally look up. Lose and you look at the teams below you which again is natural.

I would love a win but I see Saturday as a scoring draw myself. Both teams score and both teams concede.

skybluesam66

I actually think it is a very poor league - and as such a well organised team with a couple of stars, and a bit of luck could easuly get out of it

Gillingham , Walsall, Burton - the teams above us are not full of stars - just well organised

Kingokings204

I actually think it is a very poor league - and as such a well organised team with a couple of stars, and a bit of luck could easuly get out of it

Gillingham , Walsall, Burton - the teams above us are not full of stars - just well organised

Correct the league is a poor if not poorer this year than any other year. A bit of investment and a manager and team well drilled then look. Gillingham and Walsall top 2 when both have no budget but well drilled and well managed. Both will drop back at some point also.

Real chance in this league for an average team to do well.

ccfc1234

And their is our weakness teams will see how fluid with the ball and look to spoil and nick games

jimmyhillsfanclub

And their is our weakness teams will see how fluid with the ball and look to spoil and nick games

Well that is where TM needs to step up & earn his cash isn't it.....being able to change & adapt the approach throughout the 90mins....

If he can't do that, then we won't get a top 6 finish.

ccfc1234

well said ccfc1234,
3pts would go a long way towards convincing the CCFC floating fans that they should be @ the ricoh more often,
also, here's hoping that we get a fair deal from the ref & his assistants

A good ref is always appreciated but rarely expected. For anyone at the Southend game, how long did that ref take to book players? At one stage I thought he was texting someone!!

George we indeed need the fair weather fans back in the stadium, I sense we are only a few good results away from having to open the Telegraph stand again, but I am an optimist.

On the CET stand, I think we will know we are back as a club on the up when the club have to reopen this facility.

stupot07

It is a big game although it won't have that much baring one he league table, failure to win will mean a mini slump in form.

Yes, we're 4th and in a great position but failure to win, it becomes 4-5 points from our last 5 games.

Here's hoping we get back on track and bag the win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

chiefdave

Our season doesn't hinge on one game but if we want to be in with a chance of promotion / play offs we can't afford to let something like last week develop into a run of bad games and losses.

Get a win and we're back on track. A loss isn't the end of the world but could then easily turn into 3 or 4 in a row and the players starting to think they can't win without Maddison.

georgehudson

ref for sat is Darren Bond, he has been described by former ref Jeff Winter, as weak,
i think the last time he reffed us was v leyton orient last season, we lost 1-0,
& i seem to remember that a bloke called Bartley crocked Samuel, who had to be subbed & was verbose in Bartleys direction, this happened right in front of mr Bond & Bartley didn't even get booked

BackRoomRummermill

It's just one game, we could lose and then win the next 5. It is therefore not massive for our season. I find the thread ridiculous, and verging on scaremongering doomster bollox.

ccfc1234

It's just one game, we could lose and then win the next 5. It is therefore not massive for our season. I find the thread ridiculous, and verging on scaremongering doomster bollox.

I find your tone rather off and if I am being honest and you come across as you might need something diagnosed.

This is thread is about how games like this weekend will decide our fate in this league. I did not write any hysterical headline like "must win game" or " ccfc season hangs on one game".

Please take you histrionics and cat like comments and run along to a thread you would like to constructively engage with.

Paxman II

I think there is pessimism where it shouldn't be and a distinct lack of optimism so early in the season.
TM will have no intention of players turning in two below par performances in a row. that's our ace in the hole.

Users who are viewing this thread