Why The Party? (1 Viewer)

Elvis Pressley

Why the party?
you were two nil down and have many off pitch problems such as 10 points deduction, promotion slipping away and players being sold off and lost 4-0 but acted like a party with all the Twist and Shout and all that
so Why the Party?

Sky Blue Harry H

Why the party?
you were two nil down and have many off pitch problems such as 10 points deduction, promotion slipping away and players being sold off and lost 4-0 but acted like a party with all the Twist and Shout and all that
so Why the Party?

Elvis - thought you were a City fan? - so why the 'you'

Either way, football fans can't change their team, so will often adopt a gallows humour or 'us against the world' mentality. If that involves a good old sing song, the odd spilt beer and having a craic when there seems no reason - so be it. Let's face it - if we can't enjoy our own company and enjoy a day out, what's the point - we can;t all support Man City or Real Madrid and win all the time!!! :D

Why not party?

With all the rubbish we have had, why not have fun?

None of us realistically expected a win, the night was about being there to watch our team, enjoy the occasion and to get our views across in the media as much as we could with the protests.

tuousis

Why the party?
so Why the Party?
Maybe the same thing applies to you. Elvis Pressley he was great,do you remember him,Sadly he s gone.

Elvis Pressley

Elvis - thought you were a City fan? - so why the 'you'

Either way, football fans can't change their team, so will often adopt a gallows humour or 'us against the world' mentality. If that involves a good old sing song, the odd spilt beer and having a craic when there seems no reason - so be it. Let's face it - if we can't enjoy our own company and enjoy a day out, what's the point - we can;t all support Man City or Real Madrid and win all the time!!! :D

yeah of course I am a city fan.
just playing the devils advocate
love the party as well TBH

mds

City fans making the best of a bad siituation, something thats had to be done for far too long!
With everything thats gone on, going on all the doom and gloom, why the fcuk did anyone go, it was obvious we were gonna lose...........

Sky Blue Kid

Originally Posted by Elvis Pressley View Post yeah of course I am a city fan...............................................................................Hmmmmmmmmm!?!?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm sure I remember an FA Cup game at the Ricoh about 5 years ago - we were 5-0 down and the SBA thought "f**k it!" and started a conga line around the seats!

Elvis Pressley

Originally Posted by Elvis Pressley View Post yeah of course I am a city fan...............................................................................Hmmmmmmmmm!?!?

im not gonna defend myself on weather I'm true a fan or not.
all I did was post some ironic comments as satire and then suddenly im not a "true supporter!"

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

I expected there to be some tension between sections of city fans at the emirates but it was a pleasure to see us uniting and singing as one again. The more things like this happen the longer we can keep the SBA together. It felt to me as a celebration of being coventry city and not sisu out or anti Acl/ccc and we need more of that, we're too easy to manage divided

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
im not gonna defend myself on weather I'm true a fan or not.
all I did was post some ironic comments as satire and then suddenly im not a "true supporter!"

Maybe have a think before starting a thread. :thinking about:

ajsccfc

Gallows humour has always been a part of football. If you just got depressed at every shit thing that happened, we'd all have killed ourselves long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread