Why Otium? (1 Viewer)

Godiva

Sisu are masters of setting up new companies, so why use Otium as a vehicle for assembling all activities of the football club? It's been sitting idle for a couple of years - so much so that nobody really found it worth the efford to file the accounts.

Otium means leissure or even retirements. They chose that name when they established the company. Was it used to retire Ranson and Prozone?

Never mind, it's a genuine question - why are they using Otium and not just setting up a new company parallel to Otium?
Does anybody else find it a bit strange?

wingy

Sisu are masters of setting up new companies, so why use Otium as a vehicle for assembling all activities of the football club? It's been sitting idle for a couple of years - so much so that nobody really found it worth the efford to file the accounts.

Otium means leissure or even retirements. They chose that name when they established the company. Was it used to retire Ranson and Prozone?

Never mind, it's a genuine question - why are they using Otium and not just setting up a new company parallel to Otium?

Pre packed ,pre planned for this event surely Godiva.

Nonleagueherewecome

It's the mid-point between opium (could be handy to numb the pain, not to mention lull CCFC supporters into a drug-induced haze, a state in which they are less likely to ask awkward questions) and optimum (SISU wanting to "optimise" their "investment", ie "get something for free", eg The Ricoh Arena).

TheOldFive

When Otium was established it was Orange Ken himself who said that the company had been set up as a vehicle to provide Capital to the Club at a time when that might become necessary or useful in the future. I forget the exact words, someone will be able to dig out the quote I'm sure.

wingy

Are you suggesting a further retirement?

wingy

When Otium was established it was Orange Ken himself who said that the company had been set up as a vehicle to provide Capital to the Club at a time when that might become necessary or useful in the future. I forget the exact words, someone will be able to dig out the quote I'm sure.
Is any investment through that evident??

Godiva

Are you suggesting a further retirement?

Actually yes.
If I was Fisher I would have retired Otium completely and set up a fresh new company called Coventry City Football Club (final edition).

Samo

They do sound a bit like an oaty yummy breakfast cerial. Otium... the breakfast that sticks in your throat.

TheRoyalScam

wingy

Actually yes.
If I was Fisher I would have retired Otium completely and set up a fresh new company called Coventry City Football Club (final edition).

May be like a true retirement of the funds ,rather than an ARVO co existence!!

pugwash

It's the mid-point between opium (could be handy to numb the pain, not to mention lull CCFC supporters into a drug-induced haze, a state in which they are less likely to ask awkward questions) and optimum (SISU wanting to "optimise" their "investment", ie "get something for free", eg The Ricoh Arena).

More likely to be a mixture of opium and scrotum (because this is all a load of bollocks). In my head I refer to them as Scrotium.

Users who are viewing this thread