Why not in Coventry (1 Viewer)

Gynnsthetonic

Why exactly are SISU not applying for planning in Coventry itself. Surely planning issues will be the same for a new stadium in Exhall as let's say on the derelict land on the old Courtaulds site on Foleshill Rd , If CCC turn down the application couldn't it go higher like Goverment.
When is the JR planned for anyway.

Why exactly are SISU not applying for planning in Coventry itself. Surely planning issues will be the same for a new stadium in Exhall as let's say on the derelict land on the old Courtaulds site on Foleshill Rd , If CCC turn down the application couldn't it go higher like Goverment.

Because they have no intention of building a Stadium anywhere. That's why they have spent no time or effort talking to all the Local Councils about building it. In my view the Stadium is not even a figment of Fishers imagination. Its a Bullshit ploy to try and arrest the RICOH from the ownership from the people of Coventry.

wince

Very good question , n/b council said yes to houses goverment said no

Gynnsthetonic

SISU would have more fans on there side if they announced they are going to look to aquire land IN Coventry itself not the area.
SISU look at our name Coventry CITY we are from Coventry and play in Coventry as all our local towns Rugby, Nuneaton, Bedworth all play in there own town with Leamington just outside but looking to move back in.
This Exhall stadium if it ever gets off the ground which believe it won't will be will be another white elephant as the majority of our fans are from Coventry and want the ground In Coventry.

ccfcway

Could never get my head round why they didnt continue this sharade.

If they "applied" for land in Coventry and were turned down, they could say "yet again the council are causing problems for the club"

I simply do not get why they have missed this opportunity to have another go at the council

Gynnsthetonic

Sandra Garlick does have a point as we we never consulted on the design of the Ricoh which I hate,I like the KC stadium in Hull 25000 seater and think that would of suited CCFC more with maybe one end behind the goal similar to the old west stand

ccfcway

Sandra Garlick does have a point as we we never consulted on the design of the Ricoh which I hate,I like the KC stadium in Hull 25000 seater and think that would of suited CCFC more with maybe one end behind the goal similar to the old west stand

We werent consulted on a stadium that was built for Coventry City, yet we are being consulted for a stadium that isnt being built in "the coventry area"

ccfcway

Move the away fans, have a team which actaully challanges for a top 6 place, and the Ricoh would feel like the CCFC "home" in no time at all

Hobo

Their. Excuse is they can't work with CCC. But they have no intention of building a stadium anyway. All points to still trying to distress ACL hold CCC to ransom and get Ricoh under value.

RoboCCFC90

Move the away fans, have a team which actaully challanges for a top 6 place, and the Ricoh would feel like the CCFC "home" in no time at all

I have been saying that for years.. The away fans have always been to far from the home fans at the Ricoh.. That's why there feels like there is no atmosphere half the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfcway

I have been saying that for years.. The away fans have always been to far from the home fans at the Ricoh.. That's why there feels like there is no atmosphere half the time.

To be fair SISU have listened on that one. They have moved the away fans. About 34 miles away, along with the home fans.

letsallsingtogether

I beg to differ they had a office on site where you could put forward suggestions like the hero brick walls that came from a supporter.

The only thing that sisu are listening to is what pies they are going to sell and the colour of the seats red blue or yellow.:thinking about:

so what else are they consulting us on oh and will they listen.

Sandra Garlick will rue the day she got into bed with the devil IMHO.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

What do you expect the average away following was about 1000 and now it is even lower so should we then build a 5000 seater stadium to accommodate them?

quinn1971

To be realistic there prob isn't any land in coventry where they could build a ground, you can't get any closer than exhall, which id say is still coventry, anyway it's not going to happen is it ?

RoboCCFC90

What do you expect the average away following was about 1000 and now it is even lower so should we then build a 5000 seater stadium to accommodate them?

Even when we were in the Championship?

Paxman II

I would imagine planning consent would almost certainly fail. If a city has a perfectly desirable stadium in the area it does not need two!

RoboCCFC90

Yes just look at the attendances for away fans at the richo if it wasn't for the few bigger clubs then the away fans support was very poor.

I still think that the amount of away fans is irrelevant, they were put over the other side of the stand from the only part of the ground that made any noise..

letsallsingtogether

Don't think they can use that as an excuse they allow new shopping centres/warehouses office blocks etc etc to be built yet there are plenty around that are empty.
But sisu just don't want to be associated with Coventry should just fook off and leave us alone.

I would imagine planning consent would almost certainly fail. If a city has a perfectly desirable stadium in the area it does not need two!

Their. Excuse is they can't work with CCC. But they have no intention of building a stadium anyway. All points to still trying to distress ACL hold CCC to ransom and get Ricoh under value.

There is a number of reasons why SISU feel they cannot work with CCC;

1. Joy Seppala's ego.
2. Tim Fisher's ego.
3. CCC saw through their flawed plan to take ACL down and steal the Ricoh.

I could go on........

Paxman II

Don't think they can use that as an excuse they allow new shopping centres/warehouses office blocks etc etc to be built yet there are plenty around that are empty.
But sisu just don't want to be associated with Coventry should just fook off and leave us alone.

Yes they can! A stadium is an entirely different situation from a few warehouses and shops.

1. Joy Seppala's ego.
2. Tim Fisher's ego.

I could go on........

4 They have no funding
5 SISU are clueless
6 and yes again, CCC rumbled them early doors

martcov

ARVO wealthbuilder fund has financed CCFC. The investors are US universities and wealthy people - with Cayman Isles bank accounts. They want their money back with interest. Does anyone believe the investors give a damn about this discussion? The whole stadium debate is a ruse. SISU need to show a return on the ARVO money. You can't keep dipping the fund indefinately. Sooner or later there has to be a result. A stadium means more investment and postpones the payout. It can only be about getting the Ricoh at below the resale value in order to resell quickly at a profit. Soccer is meaningless, at least at League One, to US Investors.

letsallsingtogether

Explain why after all they own the Stadium surely can't make you use theirs if you want your own??

We know the real reason they don't want to build fullstop.

Yes they can! A stadium is an entirely different situation from a few warehouses and shops.

letsallsingtogether

Well I hope they lose there investments serves them right.....
ARVO wealthbuilder fund has financed CCFC. The investors are US universities and wealthy people - with Cayman Isles bank accounts. They want their money back with interest. Does anyone believe the investors give a damn about this discussion? The whole stadium debate is a ruse. SISU need to show a return on the ARVO money. You can't keep dipping the fund indefinately. Sooner or later there has to be a result. A stadium means more investment and postpones the payout. It can only be about getting the Ricoh at below the resale value in order to resell quickly at a profit. Soccer is meaningless, at least at League One, to US Investors.

martcov

Well I hope they lose there investments serves them right.....

They lost a part of their investment the day SISU bought CCFC without completing "due diligence" thoroughly. A clear, and avoidable, mistake. Our problems are the result of this. Business is sometimes brutal and JS should admit this and move on. She can't though, as she would have to explain the loss of millions to her investors - hence the desperate struggle to get at least something back.

tonyok

Would it be possible to find out exactly who the investors are?

Hobo

1. Joy Seppala's ego.
2. Tim Fisher's ego.

I could go on........

So could I.......

Steve.B50

Am sure this has been discussed before and the question asked to TF, he said they do not trust CCC and do not want anything to do with them.

shmmeee

Am sure this has been discussed before and the question asked to TF, he said they do not trust CCC and do not want anything to do with them.

I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

Problem is, if you're in the fish business, you gotta deal with fish no matter how much you hate the smell. Fisher is in the Coventry business.

Flying Fokker

SISU would have more fans on there side if they announced they are going to look to aquire land IN Coventry itself not the area.
SISU look at our name Coventry CITY we are from Coventry and play in Coventry as all our local towns Rugby, Nuneaton, Bedworth all play in there own town with Leamington just outside but looking to move back in.
This Exhall stadium if it ever gets off the ground which believe it won't will be will be another white elephant as the majority of our fans are from Coventry and want the ground In Coventry.
And fair play to all people who live in Coventry. An undefinable number of supporters live in Coventry, Warwickshire and a damn site further away. Many of whom have supported city a lot longer than me.

I haven't seen many comments arguing that the club should play out of the boundaries. It must be heart breaking to see City at Sixfields. That's why the clock ticks. 1 year? 2 years?

SISU have their core base at Sixfields. (Fans who support our team and are passionate about the club). But we have our core base from all over the place. We are Coventry.

bigfatronssba

No they couldn't.

Unless a new stadium is literally within eyesight of the Ricoh (due to traffic concerns) then the council cant use that as a reason to refuse planning permission.

These were the words of an ex CCC councillor.

Users who are viewing this thread